Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a problem with the EVs not saving. I'll enter, for example, 252 HP 252 Defense. When I go back the EVs are at a random spread I did not enter, almost always going back to 4 EVs on HP
Adding on to this, it seems that if I exit out of Teambuilder then come back in, my Pokemon automatically have neutral natures.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
It's a very absurd thing to do, but entering /dexsearch [move/type/ability], ![same parameter] returns the second of the two parameters. For example doing /dexsearch !water type, scald, !scald return every non-water type that doesn't get scald, while /dexsearch !water type, !scald, scald return those that can learn it.

Would it be terribly inconvenient to disable this kind of input, or should we just stop playing "break the search engine"?

Hi, I believe there is bug in Showdown that people haven't really bothered to report. It is regarding moves that require recharging after use. When the user uses Protect, Detect, well anything that protects themselves against those certain attacks, the sign above the Pokemon who used the recharge move still maintains the sign ''Must Recharge'', even though they are still free to attack the next turn after the opponent has defended themselves, which can throw off the protector, making them think that maybe it's a new system in the game, or the person may not be familiar with how the system works on those moves. I uploaded a replay of a battle I watched, where this exact issue happened (Turn 15) http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-105748369 (the actual battle here: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-oumonotype-105748369 ) , and I have played battles that have had this issue also, when I was silly enough to try these moves out, though the replay is long gone now. I hope this issue can be addressed. Thank you for your time.

The bug: when my opponent used skill swap to swap truant, the next turn, the skill swapper was still able to move, I've skill swapped before in Pokemon White and it does not work this way, the turn after I used skill swap I was immobilized, if I'm mistaken, please provide some proof, if not, try to fix this.

/data-ing Typhlosion lists no Hidden Ability at all, and the teambuilder also list no Hidden Ability. Other sources agree that it's Hidden Ability is Flashfire.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
/data-ing Typhlosion lists no Hidden Ability at all, and the teambuilder also list no Hidden Ability. Other sources agree that it's Hidden Ability is Flashfire.
True but Flash Fire isn't available anyway so it isn't too much of a big deal. It's like Feraligatr and Sheer Force, it is the hidden ability but doesn't come up because it isn't available.

That's called lag. It happens sometimes.
Nope. I was clicking on Conversion 2. I know when you click cancel and select a different move, lag will cause it to still select the first, but I didn't do that. I was literally clicking on Conversion 2 the first time. After searching it seems like this is a known bug with Conversion...guess they haven't fixed it yet :/

There's a bug I've been noticing, my elo rank decreases on its own. Like it will be 1680 or something before a match, then I will play a match, let's say I lose the game and then lose 20 elo, I will re-check my rank and it will be 1620 rather than 1660. I'll see if I can post some images to prove this.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
This happened after I hovered over a Pokémon to send out in battle and my opponent forfeited and left. It's been sitting there for a while now and I can't get rid of it bar refreshing the browser page.

There seems to be a glitch with Protean. I tested this in X and Y and it does not happen. When Greninja used Hydro Cannon or Hyper Beam in Showdown, the recharge turn would affect Protean. So, for example, after the recharge for Hydro Cannon, it's no longer the Water type, it becomes unspecified. Seen here

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-106481932

EDIT: Someone else said it in an edit of theirs, didn't see it

Last edited:
Also, I'm not sure if this one is a glitch or not, and I don't have the tools to test this real quick, but in this random doubles battle my opponent and myself both had Wobbuffet, and his took mine down with Counter. It's supposed to hit the last pokemon to use a physical move, but that was my Carnivine and it was behind a sub, so it couldn't get hit? But instead of failing it took down my Wobbuffet. Is that supposed to happen?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randomdoublesbattle-94470274

This is kind of old, so I don't remember if it was because perhaps Counter/Mirror Coat let you choose who to attack before or what

If you use Defog to remove an opponent's Reflect/Light Screen, it'll display the "The opposing team's Reflect/Light Screen wore off!" message twice when it only needs to display it once.

So something really weird just happened. A week ago I noticed that a Life Orb Mienshao outsped my 252 Jolly Coballion. Then today a non-scarfed Jynx outsped my Coballion again. In both situations there was no Sticky Web up.Then I tested these situations in a non ladder match but Coballion outsped both Mienshao and Jynx so im really confused. Im going test it on the ladder more to see if it happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)