1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Snowflakes

Snowflakes Dango Dango Daikazoku
    is a Battle Server Moderator

2. Kit Kasai

Kit Kasai

As far as I am aware, when a pokemon faints, the replacement is sent in immediately, on the same turn as when the pokemon fainted. In this battle, I was able to switch out my pokemon at the same time the opponent sent out the replacement, and that switching happened in a separate turn. I happened to accidentally close the tab I was playing on when this happened, and when I reopened the tab it was prompting me to make select a move even though the opponent had no active pokemon.

Relevant area at turn 4-5
    Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-117296266
    Log: http://pastebin.com/EqXmzqUV
  3. Kangaaroo

Kangaaroo

I'm pretty sure that's normal behaviour and there is no bug.
  4. ALAKTORN

ALAKTORN

No, that is definitely a bug. Landorus-T fainted a Pokémon, the other guy switched in Weavile, but before Weavile could even attack, Landorus-T switched to Aegislash and was able to use King’s Shield. That’s 2 turns after fainting a Pokémon, Aegislash switch and King’s Shield usage, without the other Pokémon getting a turn yet, which isn’t normal. And no, there was no Red Card or forced switch into Aegislash that I can see, it was a normal switch on the same turn that he fainted a Pokémon, as if we were in in-game story battles where you get to know the opponent’s next Pokémon and can switch the same turn.
  5. kobo1d

kobo1d

Basically the most popular Blaziken moveset is an illegal combination that is not possible in game. Low Kick (egg move) + Knock Off (Gen 5 tutor) + Speed Boost (Hidden Ability).

In generation 5, the only Speed Boost Torchic was the 2010 Japanese Dream World event, which was male only. Also, males could not pass the hidden ability in that generation. In generation 6, this has changed, but egg move + gen 5 tutor + hidden ability isn't possible, unless I am mistaken somehow.

Presumably this could affect anything that had a male-only or otherwise non-breedable hidden ability last gen that is now breedable, but I haven't tested any others.

Resolved: Not a bug. Thanks anty208
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  6. Anty

Anty

They are both gen5 move tutor moves for blazekin. This does mean that they all have to be male though...

I have a big visual glitch. Random pokemon turn shiny for me (eg delphox is always shiny.
    Here is a battle replay (nothing shiny), and some of my screenshots:
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-117551092
    My gardevior also wasnt shiny, then mega evolved to a shiny.
    Im using chrome if relavent.

Attached Files:

7. Durant

Durant

Another Pokemon that has this problem is Rampardos. Instead of being it's normal self every Rampardos is shiny.
    Anty likes this.
  8. Chaotic

Chaotic

Hi, I ran into a bug with roost on showdown. I have a replay of it, it happens on turn 20. Basically what happens is I have a swampert out, he has hydreigon. He uses roost, I use earthquake /after/ he roosts, and it still says that the move doesn't affect hydreigon. I am pretty sure that roost makes pokemon with levitate vulnerable to ground type attacks for the turn they use it on.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-117578254
  9. The Immortal

The Immortal Administrator of Showdown!
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

It does not. Roost removes Flying type, not abilities.
  10. TheGamedawg

TheGamedawg

Sometimes when I log onto Showdown all my teams are gone and my points are reset. Then, I log on later and they're back. It's not too big of a nuisance but it is a bit weird.
  11. Slayer95

Slayer95 Wi-Fi Whitelisted
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Forum Moderator

You must use the same browser, and no incognito mode.
  12. TheGamedawg

TheGamedawg

I use the downloadable version.
  13. Kangaaroo

Kangaaroo

Did you clear your Cookies before you came back to find your teams gone? Clearing Cookies gets rid of your teams.
  14. LuigiKartWii

LuigiKartWii

I think there is something wrong with my computer with Showdown. When ever I try to watch a replay, ALL sprites come out and do what they do, and the message box keeps flashing on screen. Whenever I play, the attacks go by so fast I don't know what's happening. Anyone know??

Attached Files:

15. Redew

Redew mfw
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

Try clearing your chache/cookies/etc (back up teams beforehand). If it's not fixed, try using Firefox or something (JUST NOT IE).
  16. paddyish

paddyish

I just encountered a bug in randoms. Raikou only had three moves. The mods in chat said it's because two of the possible moves are hidden power, which would make sense, but it's strange that it's a known bug that hasn't been fixed. They directed me here. Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/iogpCg1.jpg
  17. Mijzelffan

Mijzelffan

I found what I think is just an oversight, but it's possible to use normal Keldeo with secret sword while it should be forced in its resolute form. Attempting to use Resolute Keldeo without secret form changes it to its normal form but using the normal form with secret sword doesn't change it to resolute form for some reason.
  18. oizys

oizys

19. Kangaaroo

Kangaaroo

This is a very well known bug. It seems to be happening with Jolteon and a few other Pokemon. I'm sure staff are hard at work trying to fix it.
  20. Kurorisu

Kurorisu

While I was doing a random double battle, I came across an unusual anomaly. I'm not sure if this is a glitch with the Simulator or if it also occurs in the X and Y cartridge.

This is what happened. On turn 5 of the posted replay Pyroar used Hyper Voice on Hawlucha and Golduck. Hawlucha got hit first and its Red Card item triggered, forcing Pyroar out. Then the second hit of Hyper Voice KOed Golduck. This would normally have triggered Pyroar's Moxie ability, but Pyroar wasn't in the battle. However the ability still seemed to trigger and gave the boost to what was brought out, in this case Noivern.

Here is the replay so you can see the event.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randomdoublesbattle-118247578
    ALAKTORN and Kit Kasai like this.
  21. Nomark

Nomark

22. Instant Apple Pie

Instant Apple Pie

Yes, that could have been a bug. It might also just be that the sprite artwork glitched and showed charizard instead of megazardx.
  23. Slayer95

Slayer95 Wi-Fi Whitelisted
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Forum Moderator

Fixed after next server restart (indeed a visual glitch).

Fixed after next server restart (just a visual glitch).

Fixed after next client update (just a visual glitch).
  24. gymtraineralan

gymtraineralan

I found a glitch which has happened to me twice. When I send out my absol, before I add up on stats and baton pass it; nothing unusual happens.
    HOWEVER: when I baton pass my absol, this will happen to me.

Attached Files:

25. Instant Apple Pie

Instant Apple Pie

This is a minor bug that sometimes happens, it wont effect the gameplay of the battle. (visual glitch)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)