1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Kangaaroo

Kangaaroo

This is a very well known bug. It seems to be happening with Jolteon and a few other Pokemon. I'm sure staff are hard at work trying to fix it.
  2. Kurorisu

Kurorisu

While I was doing a random double battle, I came across an unusual anomaly. I'm not sure if this is a glitch with the Simulator or if it also occurs in the X and Y cartridge.

This is what happened. On turn 5 of the posted replay Pyroar used Hyper Voice on Hawlucha and Golduck. Hawlucha got hit first and its Red Card item triggered, forcing Pyroar out. Then the second hit of Hyper Voice KOed Golduck. This would normally have triggered Pyroar's Moxie ability, but Pyroar wasn't in the battle. However the ability still seemed to trigger and gave the boost to what was brought out, in this case Noivern.

Here is the replay so you can see the event.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randomdoublesbattle-118247578
    ALAKTORN and Kit Kasai like this.
  3. Nomark

Nomark

4. Instant Apple Pie

Instant Apple Pie

Yes, that could have been a bug. It might also just be that the sprite artwork glitched and showed charizard instead of megazardx.
  5. Slayer95

Slayer95 Just some PS coder
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Forum Moderator

Fixed after next server restart (indeed a visual glitch).

Fixed after next server restart (just a visual glitch).

Fixed after next client update (just a visual glitch).
  6. gymtraineralan

gymtraineralan

I found a glitch which has happened to me twice. When I send out my absol, before I add up on stats and baton pass it; nothing unusual happens.
    HOWEVER: when I baton pass my absol, this will happen to me.

Attached Files:

7. Instant Apple Pie

Instant Apple Pie

This is a minor bug that sometimes happens, it wont effect the gameplay of the battle. (visual glitch)
  8. gymtraineralan

gymtraineralan

Due to this actually distracting me during the battle, I bug to differ on it not effecting the gameplay. If my pokemon were smaller than absol, I would not be able to see it, and it could be blocking spikes, toxic spikes, or possibly stealth rock. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-118710248
  9. Kangaaroo

Kangaaroo

In-game you can't see Stealth Rock on the field.
  10. TalonKhan

TalonKhan

There seems to be a glitch in where a ditto with the ability imposter which usually copies the ability of the opponent among other things cannot copy the form switching ability of aegislash being stuck in shield form.

To demonstrate since I forgot to save the video the first time I asked saucy raichu(Another player) to replicate the events of the battle.

Here is the link to the video which demonstrates the glitch thank you for your time.
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-118746618
  11. GoldenSandslash15

GoldenSandslash15

Not a bug. Stance Change is hard-coded to never do anything if obtained by a Pokémon other than Aegislash. This is how it works in-game as well.
    LustrousPalkia likes this.
  12. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Ok, so I think this qualifies as a bug, though I'm not actually sure. Either way, I brought it up on #showdown the other day and got no response, so I thought I'd post it here.

Basically, I believe there is an issue with egg move illegalities. Now, for the most part, such illegalities are a thing of the past, but that is not entirely true. The change this generation was that females can pass down egg moves as well as males, and as such, any illegalities caused by needing two different species as the male parent are now eliminated. But there are two other cases where egg moves can be illegal together, and nothing has changed regarding those this generation. As such they should be still illegal. However, as of now, such combinations are legal on PS. Now, of these two, one is purely theoretical, as no illegalities involving it exist. But the other is actually real and relevant.

The first (and actually important) one of these is the case of baby Pokemon. For many of these, it is possible to hatch both the baby, and its evolved form from eggs, depending on held items. Additionally, these evolved forms may have different egg move lists from the babies. In certain cases, there may be moves on each list that are not on the other. These moves should be illegal with one another. To give an example, Azurill has the moves Fake Tears and Sing as egg moves, but Marill does not. At the same time, Marill has Amnesia and Aqua Jet as egg moves, but Marill does not. Thus, if you were to breed Aqua Jet onto a female Marill and then breed it with a male Clefairy that knows sing, you would have one of two results. If Marill is holding Sea Incense, then an Azurill would be born. It would know Sing, but not Aqua Jet, since that is not an egg move of Azurill. Alternatively, if it was not holding the incense, a Marill would be born, and it would know Aqua Jet, but not Sing, since that is not an egg move for Marill. In any case, the two moves will always be illegal with each other.

To put it more simply, the change in egg move passing has indeed made all egg moves of a given Pokemon legal together (baring the odd case below), but not all egg moves of a given family. Moves exclusive to one member of a family's egg list are illegal with moves exclusive to another members egg list. However, that is not currently the case on PS.

Now, while I know this is unimportant (at least at the present moment), as long as I am talking about it, I might as well mention the other, theoretical case: Volbeat. Volbeat is all male, but can be hatched via eggs from an Illumise. However, Volbeat and Illumise have different egg move lists. As such, if there existed two moves on Volbeat's egg list, but not on Illumise's that could not be passed down from a single male parent, then it would be impossible for them to be legal together, as the female Illumise could not hold onto the move for passing. Now, as it currently stands, the only egg moves Volbeat has that Illumise does not can all be passed down at once from Spinda. However, should there ever be a future case where Volbeat gains an egg move that Illumise does not have and Spinda cannot pass, illegalities would come into existence (technically, this is also the case with Nidoran-M, but since that is in the field egg group, it has Smeargle to eliminate all illegalities).

Anyways, this came up since we were talking in #cap about the potential for move illegalities now that egg move stuff changed, since they can have important competitive implications. While I'm not sure there is anything important being allowed now that should be illegal, since the idea came up, I just figured I'd drop it here.
    DHR-107 and Kangaaroo like this.
  13. Slayer95

Slayer95 Just some PS coder
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Forum Moderator

This specific instance of pokemon overlay will be fixed on next client update.
  14. Vryheid

Vryheid fudge jelly

Seems to be a visual bug when Mawile uses Baton Pass, its image gets stuck on the screen:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/cap-118957985

Doesn't seem to happen when you skip through the turns, only when you watch the turns surrounding the BP play out.
  15. Seevea

Seevea

16. Mastoise

Mastoise

I somehow did it :)
    I searched for an OU match first then clicked cancel because I wanted to play a random battle, normally this would not be a problem and you would join just the random battle or you would join two perfectly normal games. However for some reason I managed to get a random battle team in OU. Although this was funny it also kind of sucked because random battle teams are underleveled and as a result I lost some of my hard earned ladder rating, but still it was fun using reshiram in OU :)
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
    Seevea likes this.
  17. JakeCompton

JakeCompton

Really annoying bug:

There is a bug where if you hit the "skip to next turn" button during the battle, there is a chance that the screen will freeze and apparently the only way to fix it is to copy the link, open a new tab, and paste it. I know a few other people are having this exact problem and one of the voiced folk in UU - Jayyce knows of it. Someone should work to get this fixed because hitting the button is a bad habit of mine and it causes a lot of my loses.
  18. Kangaaroo

Kangaaroo

This is a well-known bug, and is being worked on.
  19. Cowboy Dan

Cowboy Dan

Hello, I've found another couple of bugs in the Gen 3 OU beta, just figure I'll do what i did last time, and show what happens on showdown, and what happens on a real Fire Red cartridge.

Anyway, the first bug has to do with the move explosion. In gen 3, when an opponent's pokemon explodes, and the yours is not KO'd by it, your pokemon is unable to move for that turn. This includes any kind of move, be it damaging or not. In showdown however I've found that while damaging moves do not occur, moves that do not have a target (ie moves that are not affected by protect, such as spikes, boosting moves, recovery moves etc.) do actually occur in the time between the exploder fainting, and being replaced by the next pokemon.

The second bug has to do with leftovers recovery. If your pokemon faints, and you bring in a new one, both you and your opponents should receive passive recovery/damage before the next turn starts, however on showdown this occurs before the replacement is brought in.

Here is a log that shows both of these bugs:
    As you can see, the gengar used explosion, and the blissey was able to use softboiled afterwards, preventing the sand from killing it. Also notice how the blissey is hurt by sand, and gains leftovers before the dugtrio comes in.

This link shows how it works on a real gen 3 cartridge.

Here, the gengar uses explosion on the forretress, and the forretress is not able to use spikes following this. Softboiled and spikes fall into the same category of targetless moves, therefore had it been a blissey, and had it used softboiled it would not have been able to pull that off either. Also note how the forretress gains leftovers after the follow up gengar switches in, meaning the gengar also would have received leftovers if it had been damaged.
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
    ALAKTORN likes this.
  20. Bubble Head

Bubble Head

When I use the download version there isn't any background music even though I don't mute it. The web version still works fine. Any help ?
  21. BlueYoshi149

BlueYoshi149

Hey o/

I cannot use Skill Swap with my teammates (like when I use Girafarig to pass Sap Sipper to Swampert). I dunno if this is a bug.
  22. Efrit

Efrit

Hello. I recently try to build-up a Gen III team, but I found some bugs. It is about moves from Pokémon who normally can learn it in Gen III, but when I try after that to play a battle, an error message displays that the Pokémon cannot learn this move.
    Here are two Pokémon :
    • Shedinja with Sword-Dance. He can learn it in Gen 3 when Nincale evolve at level 25 because in the same time Ninjask learn it as well. But the issue is that the software display that this move is not compatible with other moves I set (when I try to start a battle). The other moves are : Shadow Ball (learn by level 38), Confuse Ray (learn by level 31) and Silver Wind (learn by reproduction by its pre-evolution, for instance with Beautifly who learn it at level 34).
    • Altaria with Heal Bell. The software displays that Altaria can't learn it, but it in fact can in the game Pokémon XD.
    That's all for now. Thanks for your attention.
  23. PokeSlam1234

PokeSlam1234

I'd like to report a bug I don't have a vid and I forgot the pokemon but when I was battling My oppenets pokemon used Roost and it takes your Flying type away I used Ice Beam of course it did normal Damage (my opponents pokemon was Normal/flying ) but after a turn I used Ice Beam again but this time it said "It's Super Effective" even though that pokemon used Roost is this suppose to happen? I think the server thought that the pokemon has its flying type BTW srry for my spelling
  24. PokeSlam1234

PokeSlam1234

Also about the Zygarde post I was mistaken it was coil and any news about it because it still says "Your Team was rejected for the following reasons : Zygarde is unable to learn Coil. Zygarde is unable to learn Outrage.
  25. slayerx725232

slayerx725232

I mean, if you don't have a replay of the battle, it is literally impossible for us to tell what happened and determine whether it is a bug or not. So yeah...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)