Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your opponent left the battle, you can politely ask him do come back in the battle and type /forfeit in, but you can also ask him to do /tour forfeit in the chat and, in a last resort, ask a mod to disqualify him. Moreover, if you don't have 5 minutes to wait when you're in a tourney, I just recommand you to do not begin any tour. They kinda last more than 5 minutes, so be patients.

Then it's up to you to don't disconnect when you're in a battle. If you were in multiples battles, try the historical of your pc to get the link of your previous battles.

Anyway, this is not the thread to report that kind of problems, you should try here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/suggestions.3469608/ .
okay, its not that i don't have 5 minutes, just rather annoying... thanks for the reply btw ^^

and its not that I disconnect, the program just randomly asks me to reconnect... and i dont play in browser...

anyways, thanks again, and sorry that i posted those not-bugs .-. ill be sure to check out the suggestions threat ^^

No one responded to mine earlier, so I'm reposting it. I've been having an issue with the music (not cries) in the app for the PC, not in browser. My music doesn't play even though battle cries still do. Both sounds are at 50%, and the volume is not muted. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks.

hi, i dont know if this counts as a bug... but well

on handheld games (x/y), the use of the move "Heal Block" has an effect that is not the same on showdown. not only heal block stops the target from any type of recovering (leftovers, berries, leech seed, aqua ring, recover, etc...) but also it makes the user UNABLE to use moves such as absorb, giga drain, drain punch and leech life. that means, it disables those moves.

why does this is important? well, having disabled some moves could lead the forced use of struggle or switching out. a pokemon with a disabled "drain punch" cant reliably use it to do damage either...

well, ive proven it in handheld games, but the "disabling" part is not present on showdown.

thank you

If you choose a particular hidden power type in the move selector, but then accidentally change the IVs from the EV/IV screen (or make a mistake), the Hidden Power type is not updated in the move selector, but I end up with the wrong type once I'm already in a battle. It'd be better if there were something to alert me that my IVs don't match my HP type before starting a match.

THIS IS NOT INGAME AS FAR AS I'M AWARE: on pokemon showdown, i encountered a glitch where a pokemon war roared out, switched back in after another pokemon fainted, died to hazards (rocks) and was not able to be replaced in a double battle when there was extra pokes on the opponents side, as shown turn 5,
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randomdoublesbattle-148400354
this is the only time i've encountered this, couldn't quite replicate it... enlightenment or explaination would be awesome if this is an actual flaw in the game, or just a online engine problem

Fangame10

DOU Master of Snow-based Trick Room teams
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey, recently one user posted in the doubles room a glitch in his replay in which he still has 3 pokemon but is only left with one pokemon shortly after his noctowl is killed by a stealth rocks. an then proceeding to ko his swanna followed by him sending out the last 2 pokemon which were not sent out
here is the replay the auth of the room received: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randomdoublesbattle-148400354
hopefully this helps out with solving any bugs

Sorry if this has already been posted:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/hackmons-148352716

Protean Struggle makes the user ??? type.
Fixed after next restart.

Will look into this issue.

THIS IS NOT INGAME AS FAR AS I'M AWARE: on pokemon showdown, i encountered a glitch where a pokemon war roared out, switched back in after another pokemon fainted, died to hazards (rocks) and was not able to be replaced in a double battle when there was extra pokes on the opponents side, as shown turn 5,
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randomdoublesbattle-148400354
this is the only time i've encountered this, couldn't quite replicate it... enlightenment or explaination would be awesome if this is an actual flaw in the game, or just a online engine problem
This is a bug. I'll look into it.
UPDATE: Fixed after next restart.

Last edited:
Magic Guard seems to prevent Whirlpool from trapping the Pokemon with Magic Guard. Or at least there's no message displayed indicating the Magic Guard pokemon is trapped and then later indicating it's free.

Small graphical issue. Was playing random triples, KOd opponent's middle pokemon, and when he sent out the next one the sprite was behind the one one the left instead of in front like it had been before.

Screen Shot 2014-08-03 at 4.09.43 PM.png

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/unratedrandombattle-149030115

Playing Unrated Randbats, but on Turn 8, Florges attacked first before my Crobat could U-Turn, even though it is faster. Florges wasn't Scarfed since it used Moonblast the turn before nor was it boosted with anything. I also know in randbats each poke has about 84 EVs given to each stat so there's no way it should've attacked Crobat first. (Florges Speed- 162/Crobat Speed- 248)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/unratedrandombattle-149030115

Playing Unrated Randbats, but on Turn 8, Florges attacked first before my Crobat could U-Turn, even though it is faster. Florges wasn't Scarfed since it used Moonblast the turn before nor was it boosted with anything. I also know in randbats each poke has about 84 EVs given to each stat so there's no way it should've attacked Crobat first. (Florges Speed- 162/Crobat Speed- 248)
On turn 5 Talonflame uses tailwind which doubled the speed of its team for 4 turns.

Hey guys, new forum account. Can't believe I'm just finding out about showdown, been playing for a few weeks now. Some weird things have been happening like quick claw claiming to be active during a turn, but going last after a non-priority attack. I know I should have saved the replays but I stopped running that set after being screwed so many times, and just found out that there's a bug report thread. I know it's a bit much to ask, but is it possible to double check the code?

AyoDamianos said:
Hey guys, new forum account. Can't believe I'm just finding out about showdown, been playing for a few weeks now. Some weird things have been happening like quick claw claiming to be active during a turn, but going last after a non-priority attack. I know I should have saved the replays but I stopped running that set after being screwed so many times, and just found out that there's a bug report thread. I know it's a bit much to ask, but is it possible to double check the code?
what move did you use? it's possible you used a move with negative priority

all known negative priority moves: vital throw, focus punch, avalanche, revenge, counter, mirror coat, circle throw, dragon tail, roar, whirlwind, trick room

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Its really a lot more helpful if you can show replays of the bug happening... It's impossible to tell otherwise if that was intended or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)