Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a bug on Showdown which I think is related to Scrappy.

Ion Deluge usually turns all normal moves into electric moves, making it so that it triggers all the electricity based abilities, but more importantly so that it can't hit ground types.

However, when paired with a Pokemon that has Scrappy, the electric move will go through any ground type/subtype.

I have a replay of this happening, it's pretty short, but the Exploud's Boomburst hits both the Diggersby and the Whiscash, which shouldn't be happening.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-155528243

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
In doubles battles (vgc 2014) if you only have one pokemon left, when you click to send it out nothing happens and the options stay grey until you either cancel (which does nothing) or the game times out and you lose. has been happening to me all night.
You needed to click which fainted pokemon you were replacing. "Do you want to bring in your pokemon on the right or on the left?"
There's a bug on Showdown which I think is related to Scrappy.

Ion Deluge usually turns all normal moves into electric moves, making it so that it triggers all the electricity based abilities, but more importantly so that it can't hit ground types.

However, when paired with a Pokemon that has Scrappy, the electric move will go through any ground type/subtype.

I have a replay of this happening, it's pretty short, but the Exploud's Boomburst hits both the Diggersby and the Whiscash, which shouldn't be happening.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-155528243
Yea I see why that's happening. Thank you.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Unburden + Red Card not activating on Slurpuff (Turn 4 & Turn 5 in linked battle)

Possibly related (although I don't see how) to my internet connection dropping out and reconnecting at the start of the battle. Not that it should really be affecting something like this.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-155795177
That is not a bug, sheer force prevents red card from working:
'If (and only if) a move is boosted by the effect of Sheer Force, it will no longer trigger item or Ability effects that activate after attacking. This includes the effects of Eject Button, Shell Bell, and Red Card' bulpedia.

Welcome to smogon :)

In Pokemon Showdown inverse battles, immunities are swapped to super-effective damage, so ground moves hit flying types and normal moves hit ghost types. I'm pretty sure ingame X and Y that inverse battles did not reverse immunities.

And it doesn't even make sense. If a resisted hit turns into super-effective, then how would an immunity turn into super-effective? it would make more sense if immunities were turned into guaranteed OHKOs (from no damage to infinite damage, which obviously shouldn't happen because that shit is gamebreaking).

I'm not necessarily saying its a bug, maybe the immunities thing is actually how it works ingame and i have a faulty memory, but it seems illogical to me and should be corrected.

Besides, normal types are completely broken in inverse battles, having absolutely no resistances or immunities to their STABs. Returning immunities to the way they are will balance the inverse metagame - i'm serious it's gotten to the point where most people only use mono-normal teams because they are so powerful.

Ok as in you don't know what you are talking about ;w; There is no bug.
I thought moderators where mature and respectful, not childish and disrespectful to newer players :( not cool
So by "you don't know what you're talking about" i assume you mean that immunities are in-fact changed to super-effective ingame in X and Y. If so then you could've just said so, you nut :(
You have to admit though it doesn't really make sense about the immunities thing and normal types are incredibly broken.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I thought moderators where mature and respectful, not childish and disrespectful to newer players :( not cool
So by "you don't know what you're talking about" i assume you mean that immunities are in-fact changed to super-effective ingame in X and Y. If so then you could've just said so, you nut :(
You have to admit though it doesn't really make sense about the immunities thing and normal types are incredibly broken.
You appear not to understand the purpose of this thread: it is for reporting bugs. Not for musings on whether a mechanic implemented by Game Freak "makes sense." If you don't know how the in-game mechanic works, then don't "report" a "bug" stating that Pokemon Showdown doesn't conform to in-game mechanics... or speculating that in-game mechanics might work a certain way without actually knowing.

I doubt this will be priority, BUT... Assist appears unable to capture Dig/Fly/Dive/PhantomForce.
I made this team in Balanced Hackmons to test the idea:
upload_2014-8-25_18-7-5.png

Assist always fails.

Sometimes, at the beginning of a battle, my PS for Mac crashes and shuts down entirely. It crashes before the music starts playing, so I think that may be where the issue lies.

Has this been fixed in the latest version? I downloaded my version of PS quite a while ago.

Last edited:
gen 3:

Beat up damage isn't calculated on Pokémon's base stat. The damage is calculated with xy's mechanics, instead of the really adv ones.

I encountered what I can only imagine is a bug in one of my most recent battles. On Turn 6, my Timid Charizard Y OHKOs a Gardevoir with Heat Wave:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/vgc2014-156945804

As both my opponent and I thought, there is NO way it should be able to do that. We ran calcs.

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Heat Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gardevoir in Sun: 94-112 (65.7 - 78.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Even if it were Modest there's no way it would have done that:

252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Heat Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gardevoir in Sun: 103-123 (72 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Calculations were run at level 50 on doubles mode (though there was no difference at level 100). The game did not announce a critical hit, although according to my opponent he was using a 252/60 spread where even that shouldn't have made a difference:

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 60 SpD Gardevoir in Sun on a critical hit: 133-157 (76 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

EDIT --

Disregard! We both missed the fact that Gardevoir had traced Moody and gotten a Special Defense drop. Leaving this post here for now so as the one beneath mine has some context.

Last edited:
I encountered what I can only imagine is a bug in one of my most recent battles. Here, my Timid Charizard Y OHKOs a Gardevoir with Heatwave:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/vgc2014-156945804

As both my opponent and I thought, there is NO way it should be able to do that. We ran calcs.

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Heat Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gardevoir in Sun: 94-112 (65.7 - 78.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Even if it were Modest there's no way it would have done that:

252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Heat Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gardevoir in Sun: 103-123 (72 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Calculations were run at level 50 (though there was no difference at level 100). The game did not announce a critical hit.

I was your opponent in this game and I can let you know my gardevoir's spread was 252 HP, 60 SpD so even a crit shouldn't KO (with spread damage as it was).

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 60 SpD Gardevoir in Sun on a critical hit: 133-157 (76 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-156945804

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
I think that the timer is glitched out. Recently sometimes i would be in a battle, and lag would happen, and the timer would continue over from a previous turn (like turn 1 150 seconds turn 2 100 turn 3 70), then i would win from inactivity but on the opponents screen it would say that they won. Im not phrasing this very well, but i think that the timer is kind of glitching out with lag. Happened to me in triples custom and nu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)