Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knock off doesn't destroy opponent garchomp items ( tested multiple time with a mienshao after it happened in vgc 2014 ladder match.)

Hey guys, I found a pretty strange bug here.
*Heatran was NOT scarfed or had even 1ev on speed.
*My Bisharp was jolly with 252evs on speed
*My Gliscor had no speed evs and it's clearly slower than Bisharp

The opposing Heatran used Lava Plume!
It's super effective! Bisharp lost 54.4% of its health!
Bisharp fainted!
You have 150 seconds to make your decision.
★megaseahorse123:actully this thing has not speed on it
RIPMetagross:my bisharp had 262speed+jolly
megaseahorse123:you sure? its definitly not a speed tie
RIPMetagross: 100% sure yes

some turns later:

Gliscor used Rock Tomb!
The opposing Heatran lost 10% of its health!
The opposing Heatran's Air Balloon popped!
The opposing Heatran's Speed fell!
Gliscor lost 49.4% of its health!
★RIPMetagross: ok what the f*** man?
★RIPMetagross: how can I be faster now?
★megaseahorse123: idk you tell me
★RIPMetagross: my bisharp is jolly 252 evs
★RIPMetagross: my gliscor is is super slow

★RIPMetagross: should I report this to smogon ?
★megaseahorse123: yeah, it is technically a bug that should be looked into

Hey guys, I found a pretty strange bug here.
*Heatran was NOT scarfed or had even 1ev on speed.
*My Bisharp was jolly with 252evs on speed
*My Gliscor had no speed evs and it's clearly slower than Bisharp

It's super effective! Bisharp lost 54.4% of its health!
Bisharp fainted!
You have 150 seconds to make your decision.
★megaseahorse123:actully this thing has not speed on it
RIPMetagross:my bisharp had 262speed+jolly
megaseahorse123:you sure? its definitly not a speed tie
RIPMetagross: 100% sure yes

some turns later:

Gliscor used Rock Tomb!
The opposing Heatran lost 10% of its health!
The opposing Heatran's Air Balloon popped!
The opposing Heatran's Speed fell!
Gliscor lost 49.4% of its health!
★RIPMetagross: ok what the f*** man?
★RIPMetagross: how can I be faster now?
★megaseahorse123: idk you tell me
★RIPMetagross: my bisharp is jolly 252 evs
★RIPMetagross: my gliscor is is super slow

★RIPMetagross: should I report this to smogon ?
★megaseahorse123: yeah, it is technically a bug that should be looked into
I doubt this is a bug, did you save a replay of it?

trust me it is, what else should it be? I was faster, he should be slower, period,no scarf,no speed drops, no prio moves,no last turn moves, nothing, just a bug.
Like I said, please post a replay. When you get outsped like that then there's probably some game mechanic you overlooked or misunderstood. These kinds of things are rarely bugs.

We have no replay but as I said, we checked everything 100times, everything was fine, it was just a bug. last post now. check it or don't I don't care.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
We have no replay but as I said, we checked everything 100times, everything was fine, it was just a bug. last post now. check it or don't I don't care.
You can drop the condescending attitude. If you did "check everything 100times", I'd urge you to at least post your Bisharp / Gliscor exactly as they are in the teambuilder with the EV spreads. Otherwise, don't waste our time with pointless reports.

Inverse is converting immunities into neutral hits, rather than into super effective hits. I am 99% confident that is wrong, and in any event it's a weird recent change.

Hi!

I've found that, on Random Battle mode (and I suppose that also in the other tiers, but I couldn't test it), Water-type attacks still work when Desolate Land is activated.

I don't know if anyone has reported this yet, but I didn't find it on the first post. Sorry in advance if this was already known.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Desolate Land and Primordial Sea are not fully implemented on the simulator, and their mechanics shall be rectified towards the end nearing ORAS's release.

Just talked to Slayer95 about it but ehm

When you chose 0 EVs in the team builder (which should be possible in game from rare candies or ev removing berries) on a level 100 Pokemon, it should when you play the battle have lets say a stat of 250(shown in the teambuilder when you select 0 EVs), however it will in fact have a stat of lets say 275. And for what I can see that's because the teambuilder automatically gives a Pokemon with 0 EVs in all stats 85 EVs in all stats, so in fact you can't have a Pokemon with 0 EVs in all stats, the system will without notice or anything give you 85 EVs but this isn't shown in the team builder. At least that is what I found out from some experience. I would think it should be possible to select 0 EVs, or at least have a message actually displaying 85 EVs in each stat when you dont throw in EVs, if you know what I mean :)

The stats are not just derived from a Pokemon's listed base stats -for non-HP a Pokemon additionally has 5 free points, and then IVs will result in a further 31 points at level 100. For HP a Pokemon has 10 bonus HP and gets an additional 1 HP per level beyond what its base HP score would suggest, and of course HP also has IVs.

A screenshot or something would help determine if what you're describing is an actual bug or you're overlooking something.

WHAT THE FUCK IT DELETED MY MESSAGE :(
Ehm here goes again I guess

Here it is with 31 IVs and 0 EVs

If I had 0 IV and 0 EVs like you thought it would be

When I play the battle my setup is the one with 31 IV and 0 EVs, which should have each stat of 236. But this is what I see in my battle (this happens on all Pokemon btw)

As you can see the system has divided the possible 510 EVs into 6 and given each stat (510/6=85) 85 EVs, also shown here just to prove that "I'm right"

when i connect to showdown w/ internet browser i keep getting the disconnect message instantly but i can connect perfectly fine with the app and i can join other servers with my browser just not the main server. i tried connecting to showdown with multiple browsers but it still doesn't work, as soon as i join the server i get the disconnect message, before i join any channel or log in, help

So, I have this problem...
I'm trying to use Camerupt with Hidden Power [Grass], I'm not really used to use it so I had to ask for help in the chat room. A moderator helped me with dealing it but we couldn't fix it.

Ok, this is the Camerupt I've been trying to use:
Camerupt @ Air Balloon
Ability: Anger Point
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Protect

But everytime I use it on a battle, I don't know why its Hidden Power Type changes to Fire. Every single time. I have the proof here:

Then the moderator told me to change its IV (because I want 0IV speed but it changed itself without any permission) so he/she told me to make:

Camerupt @ Air Balloon
Ability: Anger Point
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 1 Spe
- Hidden Power
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Protect

It's supossed that know Hidden Power had to calculate the type but it always set to fire. So the last thing I did was changing again Hidden Power to Grass with the same IV but it didn't work.

What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)