Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this might be a glitch because no description of Diamond Storm mentions this effect:
When used against multiple opponents it has a chance to raise defense with every enemy hit, meaning it can potentially raise its defense three stages in one turn in a triple battle.

Did some testing, you can see its defense raising twice many times here:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogontriples-184513176
I've had its defense raise three times in one turn in a triple battle before but don't have the replay for that.

And it also happens in doubles:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-184520378 (Turn 5 only)

It seems that nobody's mentioned this before which is odd, but if it isn't a glitch then the fact that it's not detailed in any reliable sources is also weird.

Last edited:

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
I think this might be a glitch because no description of Diamond Storm mentions this effect:
When used against multiple opponents it has a chance to raise defense with every enemy hit, meaning it can potentially raise its defense three stages in one turn in a triple battle.

Did some testing, you can see its defense raising twice many times here:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogontriples-184513176
I've had its defense raise three times in one turn in a triple battle before but don't have the replay for that.

And it also happens in doubles:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-184520378 (Turn 5 only)

It seems that nobody's mentioned this before which is odd, but if it isn't a glitch then the fact that it's not detailed in any reliable sources is also weird.
That's not a bug, all secondary effects roll their % chance of doing something once for each target hit. It's like Discharge or Muddy Water rolling paralysis or an accuracy drop multiple times; Diamond Storm just happens to be the first move with secondary self-boosting to have multiple targets.

Don't think I've seen this bug on here yet, but I was playing a Challenge Cup triples match and after both teams were down to 1 Pokemon, the automatic center kicked in as expected, but one of the Pokemon was afflicted with leech seed, and for some reason that did not transfer (neither the graphic nor the health reduction) and my opponent was unable to use leech seed on it again.
ShowdownBug.png

Turn 18 of this: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/tripleschallengecup-184600719

Don't know if someone has posted this before, but I believe I have found a moveset that has been glitched. I have a Sylveon set in OU with Wish, Heal Bell, Hyper Voice, and Baton Pass. However, when I try to enter a battle with it, I get the following message:

- Sylveon has the combination of sylveon + hypervoice + healbell + wish + batonpass, which is banned by OU.

I've researched this set, and it seems to be perfectly legal, so I'm not sure if there's something wrong with the set, or what the program thinks is banned, or what. Before you ask, yes, this is the only Pokemon on my team with Baton Pass, so it's not an issue with that.

I'm not able to log on to a registered account ;-;. SunnyR is the account btw. RIP my main laddering nick. Also Trublaze...how did you get that awesome skin?

Hi all! I would like to report a bug on Pokémon Showdown that must happen to many people, an error message that appears, the error message is the following: The login server is under a heavy load, please try logging in again later. To prevent people to whom it happens as me, don't worry, Smogon will repair this bug more quickly.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
- Sylveon has the combination of sylveon + hypervoice + healbell + wish + batonpass, which is banned by OU.
This Sylveon set is illegal because there is currently no way to get a Sylveon knowing all four moves at the same time.

Hyper Voice is a tutor move
Heal Bell is a tutor move
Wish is an egg move
Baton Pass is a level up move for Eevee only

So an Eevee has to be transferred from Gen 5 to know the tutor moves and Wish together. Baton Pass can be learned either before or after, but Eevee must know a Fairy move to evolve into Sylveon, forcing you to delete one of the four moves. Because it was transferred from Gen 5, it has no information stored about its egg moves so it can't relearn Wish.

The set will become legal once ORAS comes out since the tutor moves are returning.

It didn't go unnoticed, but the official site also had a picture of Diancie using Power Gem and it doesn't learn that by any method.

If Blaziken learns Ice Punch it would be by level since all Pokemon that appear in the demo have altered level up movepools, and it's not part of its egg moves or tutor moves. It's not really out of the question for it to get a move by level and not by tutor since Tornadus learns Air Cutter by level and not by tutor if we assume the demo has the final tutor lists. Either way, better to wait and see.
The screenshot of Diancie using Power Gem showed a battle that took place in a cave. In caves, the move Nature Power turns into Power Gem, and Diancie learns Nature Power by TM. So the screenshot showing Diancie with Power Gem, while admittedly trolling, is entirely legitimate as she can use it through Nature Power.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I believe first battle in any metagame always takes you from 0 to 1000, even if you lose
It actually does not. You usually start on 1000 if your account is newly registered. The 0 > 1000 is probably due to the server and ladder being down all the time. As far as I am aware, the ranking did not update and you're still at the score you were before this all started. It was in all metas like this. And I am 99% sure it was the ladder messing up. Which would explain why the ladder was down the last couple of days. I think they are currently trying to fix this issue. I assume they'd let us know when this is fixed.

Its great to see PS! back up and running. However when I open the Replays page I am unable to watch any recent replay (only the featured replays are available). Instead of getting recent replays I get error messages such as this:

• Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'replaysweb'@'192.99.46.35' (using password: YES) in/var/www/html/replay.pokemonshowdown.com/replays.lib.phpon line 9

Warning: mysqli::set_charset(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in/var/www/html/replay.pokemonshowdown.com/replays.lib.phpon line 10

Warning: mysqli::query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in/var/www/html/replay.pokemonshowdown.com/replays.lib.phpon line 33

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_assoc() on a non-object in/var/www/html/replay.pokemonshowdown.com/replays.lib.phpon line 35

Its quite likely the programmers already know about this problem, but as I can't see any post about it I want to raise the issue in case it was missed.

I don't have the log for it, but my Mega Gyarados Taunted an Oblivious Mamoswine and the following things happened:

-Message about Mamoswine falling for the taunt, immediately followed by...
-Message about Mamoswine's taunt wearing off (same turn)

Is this supposed to happen? I thought Mold Breaker bypassed Oblivious.

Mold Breaker allows you to taunt oblivious pokes, as per mold breakers description, but then Oblivous's second effect (gaining this ability cures it) undoes the taunt because it is only checking for the condition on mamowsine, similiar to how mold breaker will not cause gliscor to hurt itself with toxic heal.

Altarite (Altaria's mega stone) that was working yesterday in ORAS OU metagame is now shown as an "invalid item".

Here is a pic of an OU game, in which a new mega from ORAS works just fine

And here is what is shown when I try to use Mega Altaria in the exactly same metagame (OU).

Amaluna

The issues with the mega stones are known already. And I am 90% sure that they are working on that. It should be fixed soon

When Mega Salamence is confused by outrage he can hurt himself as is to be excepted, but after he has hurt himself he can then proceed to use outrage anyway. In this battle it happens a couple of times, and even lets Salamence attack once its HP hits 0.

Amaluna

Draining Kiss is marked as being illegal on Gallade, even though Kirlia learns it by level-up.
They are currently working on that. High Jump Kick also appears as Illegal on Lopunny even though it's confirmed to get it. I think it should be updated this week.

Marty

Always more to find
Research Leader
Draining Kiss is marked as being illegal on Gallade, even though Kirlia learns it by level-up.
They are currently working on that. High Jump Kick also appears as Illegal on Lopunny even though it's confirmed to get it. I think it should be updated this week.
If things show up as illegal in the teambuilder, try using them in your sets anyway because the server is actually updated - it's the client that isn't yet.
Altarite (Altaria's mega stone) that was working yesterday in ORAS OU metagame is now shown as an "invalid item".
The issues with the mega stones are known already. And I am 90% sure that they are working on that. It should be fixed soon
As for the "invalid item" Mega Stones, most of the item names were guesses until the PokeBank datamine happened, so you have to use the real Mega Stone name since they were updated. There are only three that were wrong: Sableite -> Sablenite, Sharpedite -> Sharpedonite, and Altarite -> Altarianite

Well, I was just pointing it out because /learn acknowledges that Kirlia learns Draining Kiss, but says Gallade cannot.

Okay, so putting a character at the end of your name in a certain way causes that character to appear at the end of every message you say (in this case I used the player rank star):

Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 10.08.21 PM.png

I tried doing it with a *, and this happened:

Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 10.08.56 PM.png

Yes, that's right. Every message I said was automatically put backwards, before the colon.

The same thing happened when I used %.

More test results will come in soon o.o

Attachments

Okay, so putting a character at the end of your name in a certain way causes that character to appear at the end of every message you say (in this case I used the player rank star):

View attachment 30392

I tried doing it with a *, and this happened:

View attachment 30394

Yes, that's right. Every message I said was automatically put backwards, before the colon.

The same thing happened when I used %.

More test results will come in soon o.o
That'll be disallowed in usernames soon if it hasn't been already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)