Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a new bug, which is like one that occured in Gen 1 cartridge:

After Outrage my Giratina became confused, then it successfully disappeared with Shadow Force, but at the turn to hit the foe's Reuniclus with Shadow Force, it got hurt by the confusion and didn't re-appear on the ground. My foe then tried to use Psychic, but Giratina avoided the Attack as it wasn't there.
REPLAY OF THE MATCH this happened turns 21-23 (this was a Anything Goes Ladder match, I played as 95C)

Sorry just read notes on gen 6, you're correct.
I thought my explanation was pretty straightforward :s, but will provide replays for issues in future.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-192989230

turn 7 + 8, gothitelle tricks himself my assault best and assault vest works for him the next turn causing him to take less damage, even thought he doesnt have 4 attacking moves
That's not how Assault Vest works. It always raises the holder's Special Defence, but prevents the holder's use of non-attacking moves. The SpD raise takes effect no matter how many attacks it has. Not a bug, a game mechanic.

Illusio

Bold and Brash
After reading the Silly things in Other Metagames thread, I came across this replay:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-192683337
I don't know if this is a glitch or something present in the simulator, but it features a Lucario missing an aura sphere and various other moves. Is this something that is hard-wired to happen everytime something with Truant uses a 2-Turn move? Because after testing I discovered that with diving Slaking this doesn't happen, at all. It dives turn 1, resurfaces and then takes the hit turn 2. If this is a bug, please fix. If it isn't, please explain. Thanks!
Just reposting this on the bug page for Xmas.

A repost of a bug that I have reported which seems to not have been addressed in the slightest (though correct me if I'm wrong) - the Earthquake Glitch, as I'm now calling it.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randomtriplesbattle-193443420 - watch Lapras. If a Pokemon that would have been targeted by Earthquake is knocked out on the same turn as but before Earthquake is used, its sprite will reappear. In some cases this can cause the affected player to be unable to complete the match. Confirmed in triple battles and observed in double battles; not observed in single battles yet but should occur under the right circumstances (faster target knocks itself out by hitting itself in confusion).

A repost of a bug that I have reported which seems to not have been addressed in the slightest (though correct me if I'm wrong) - the Earthquake Glitch, as I'm now calling it.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randomtriplesbattle-193443420 - watch Lapras. If a Pokemon that would have been targeted by Earthquake is knocked out on the same turn as but before Earthquake is used, its sprite will reappear. In some cases this can cause the affected player to be unable to complete the match. Confirmed in triple battles and observed in double battles; not observed in single battles yet but should occur under the right circumstances (faster target knocks itself out by hitting itself in confusion).
See it in the list of known bugs. If it's there, there is no need to repost it unless you have additional information.

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Tyranitar's Quick Claw let it move first!
The opposing Amoonguss is frozen solid!
Tyranitar used Avalanche!

I didn't save this replay, but it was a Smogon Doubles match in which Amoonguss @ Black Sludge and Tyranitar @ Quick Claw were the last two participants, and Amoonguss was frozen while Tyranitar was paralyzed. The previous turn, Amoonguss and Tyranitar both were unable to move, and the following turn, this happened. This is due to Avalanche having negative priority, I believe, but should Quick Claw still be activating in this case?

Tyranitar's Quick Claw let it move first!
The opposing Amoonguss is frozen solid!
Tyranitar used Avalanche!

I didn't save this replay, but it was a Smogon Doubles match in which Amoonguss @ Black Sludge and Tyranitar @ Quick Claw were the last two participants, and Amoonguss was frozen while Tyranitar was paralyzed. The previous turn, Amoonguss and Tyranitar both were unable to move, and the following turn, this happened. This is due to Avalanche having negative priority, I believe, but should Quick Claw still be activating in this case?
quick claw is first in it's priority bracket, so it would outspeed counter, mirror coat, etc (i hope that helped)

graphical glitch: it shows 2 of the same pokemon when there is only one on the team, and when i've watched over replays it shows only one (where it shows the 6 pokemon under your avatar/name) more of a annoyance, not really a problem, doesn't change the game at all

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is minor, and not so much a bug but rather an inconsistency with the actual cartridge mechanics:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotsingles-193661702

In this battle, I had my Mega Lopunny use Fake Out on the 2nd turn it was out against an Aegislash that used King's Shield. Even though Fake Out's supposed to fail after the 1st turn, King's Shield is activated anyway, thus causing the Attack drop. Me and Angeela tested this ingame with the exact same scenario, and to do it's shown that Fake Out simply fails, meaning King's Shield isn't triggered.

Ingame replay code (ORAS):
DJWG-WWWW-WWWJ-QLP8

I'm pretty sure the only reason this happens on PS is because Mega Lopunny's got Scrappy and King's Shield most likely checks to see if the opponent's using a move that can actually hit Aegislash (which Fake Out can do, due to Scrappy) before checking if the move should fail for whatever reason not including immunities, but I'm not a programmer. I figure it's still pretty noteworthy to report however.

Ever since a few days ago I haven't been able to join tours. Can someone tell me what is going on? My ignore tournament box isn't checked, but I still can't join tours. I've also tried refreshing my page and restarting my PC. Any ideas whats wrong?

upload_2014-12-17_14-34-39.png

upload_2014-12-17_14-37-13.png

upload_2014-12-17_14-38-49.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)