Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timer error...
so this happened a couple times in the past. During the game, I got messages like you have this much time left to make your move. That's only natural cuz I started the timer. The issue is the timer goes too fast! last game I played, my timer would tick down in 10 increments without 10 seconds actually passing. For example I would make my move almost instantly and the timer would still tick down. I lost a couple of matches because time ran out even though I wasn't actually taking time! this would happen even if I make moves within 10 seconds or even instantly. What is going on??????? This was very annoying and stressful because I would be forced to make moves in less than 10 seconds if I don't want to lose! I wouldn't post this if it happened only once. I want to know why this is happening and if this happens to other people as well. I also wonder if it's because my opponent was using some sort of cheating device? Is such a device even possible?

Timer error...
so this happened a couple times in the past. During the game, I got messages like you have this much time left to make your move. That's only natural cuz I started the timer. The issue is the timer goes too fast! last game I played, my timer would tick down in 10 increments without 10 seconds actually passing. For example I would make my move almost instantly and the timer would still tick down. I lost a couple of matches because time ran out even though I wasn't actually taking time! this would happen even if I make moves within 10 seconds or even instantly. What is going on??????? This was very annoying and stressful because I would be forced to make moves in less than 10 seconds if I don't want to lose! I wouldn't post this if it happened only once. I want to know why this is happening and if this happens to other people as well. I also wonder if it's because my opponent was using some sort of cheating device? Is such a device even possible?
First of all, it's impossible to hack the simulator. So no, your opponent wasn't using a cheating device. In all likelihood, you were just suffering from server lag, which caused a delay every time you tried to move. It happens to all of us.

Hey i have a problem I keep on getting disconnected to showdown and just now I got this error
Error 520 Ray ID: 1a29aaaa961f13ad
Web server is returning an unknown error
can an admin help me on this please?

Hey i have a problem I keep on getting disconnected to showdown and just now I got this error
Error 520 Ray ID: 1a29aaaa961f13ad
Web server is returning an unknown error
can an admin help me on this please?
metroid@90 this should go in technical difficuties, 100% not a bug.

Had some issues with the combination of Follow Me, Trickroom and multiple Pokemon carrying the same Nickname. Right after Malamar used Trickroom, it was moved to the left position. As Hariyama was sent in, bost sprites disappeared an later on, Malamars Sprite appeared again, this time on the left. However it was lacking the +1 Atk from the Intimidate in Turn 1. A similair effect seemed to happen on my opponent's side of the screen. Surprisingly the replay itself is completely normal.

Greenway joined.
Gaus joined.
Format:
VGC 2015
Rated battle

Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
Item Clause: Limit one of each item
Gaus's team: Mawile / Heatran / Malamar / Trevenant / Togekiss / Hariyama
Greenway's team: Rotom-Wash / Bisharp / Kangaskhan / Thundurus / Sylveon / Landorus-Therian
Battle timer is now ON: inactive players will automatically lose when time's up. (requested by Gaus)
SpacemanSp1ff joined.
Greenway has 120 seconds left.
Battle between Greenway and Gaus started!
Greenway sent out Kangaskhan!
Greenway sent out Bisharp!
Go! Adrian (Malamar)!
Go! Adrian (Togekiss)!
Turn 1
You have 150 seconds to make your decision.
Gaus has 120 seconds left.
Gaus has 90 seconds left.
The opposing Kangaskhan's Kangaskhan is reacting to Greenway's Mega Bracelet!
The opposing Kangaskhan has Mega Evolved into Mega Kangaskhan!
Adrian used Protect!
Adrian protected itself!
The opposing Kangaskhan used Fake Out!
Adrian protected itself!
The opposing Bisharp used Iron Head!
It's super effective! Adrian lost 86.9% of its health!
The opposing Bisharp lost some of its HP!
Adrian used Aura Sphere!
It's super effective! The opposing Bisharp lost 89.6–91.6% of its health!
The opposing Bisharp fainted!
Adrian restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Greenway sent out Landorus-Therian!
The opposing Landorus-Therian intimidates Adrian!
Adrian's Attack rose!
Adrian's Attack fell!
Turn 2
Adrian used Follow Me!
The opposing Landorus-Therian used U-turn!
It's not very effective... Adrian lost 5.8% of its health!
The opposing Landorus-Therian went back to Greenway!
Greenway sent out Rotom-Wash!
The opposing Kangaskhan used Double-Edge!
Adrian lost 13.1% of its health!
Hit 1 time!
The opposing Kangaskhan is damaged by recoil!
Adrian fainted!
Adrian used Trick Room!
Adrian twisted the dimensions!
Adrian, come back!
Adrian, come back!
Error parsing: switch|p2b: Adrian|Hariyama, L50, F|224/224
Side</Side.prototype.switchOut@http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/battle.js?e8f802f7:1756:3 Battle</Battle.prototype.runMajor@http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/battle.js?e8f802f7:5373:6
Turn 3
★Gaus: well
★Greenway: i played terribly
★Gaus: is showdon bugging around on your end too?
★Greenway: yeah ^^u
Greenway withdrew Kangaskhan (Kangaskhan-Mega)!
Greenway sent out Landorus-Therian!
Adrian's Attack rose!
Adrian's Attack fell!
Adrian used Fake Out!
A critical hit! The opposing Rotom-Wash lost 23.0–25.0% of its health!
Adrian used Superpower!
It's not very effective... The opposing Landorus-Therian lost 39.7–41.7% of its health!
Adrian's Attack rose!
Adrian's Defense rose!
The opposing Rotom-Wash flinched and couldn't move!
Turn 4
You have 140 seconds to make your decision.
★Gaus: lol
The opposing Rotom-Wash used Protect!
The opposing Rotom-Wash protected itself!
Adrian used Knock Off!
Adrian used Psycho Cut!
The opposing Landorus-Therian lost 58.3–60.3% of its health!
The opposing Landorus-Therian fainted!
Greenway sent out Kangaskhan (Kangaskhan-Mega)!
Turn 5
You have 130 seconds to make your decision.
The opposing Kangaskhan used Fake Out!
Adrian lost 19.2% of its health!
Adrian lost 9.8% of its health!
Hit 2 times!
Adrian flinched and couldn't move!
Adrian used Superpower!
It's super effective! The opposing Kangaskhan lost 93.8–95.8% of its health!
Adrian's Attack rose!
Adrian's Defense rose!
The opposing Kangaskhan fainted!
The opposing Rotom-Wash used Thunderbolt!
Adrian lost 24.6% of its health!
Turn 6
You have 140 seconds to make your decision.
★Greenway: gg
SpacemanSp1ff left.
★Gaus: gg
★Gaus: maybe the nicknames fucked up PS
Greenway has 90 seconds left.
★Greenway: hahaha
★Greenway: it could be
Greenway has 60 seconds left.
★Gaus: I'm going to report that bug later on
Greenway has 40 seconds left.
Greenway has 30 seconds left.
Greenway has 20 seconds left.
The opposing Rotom-Wash used Protect!
Adrian used Feint!
The opposing Rotom-Wash lost 6.3–10.3% of its health!
Adrian used Psycho Cut!
The opposing Rotom-Wash lost 66.7–68.7% of its health!
The opposing Rotom-Wash fainted!
Gaus won the battle!
Ladder updating...
Greenway's rating: 1640 → 1610
(-30 for losing)
Gaus's rating: 1453 → 1482
(+29 for winning)
Greenway left.

screen2.PNG

On another note: If you use stat lowering Moves (such as Charm) on your own Partner, it seems that Competitive (and probably also Defiant) don't trigger. I'm not sure if this ist how it sould be, but if not, then this also needs to be fixed.

In gen 3 when a pokemon is sacrificed via spikes, the opposing pokemon cannot move that turn however on showdown whatever attack it went for hits the incoming poke.
Turn 20
Gengar, come back!
Go! Swampert!
Swampert is hurt by the spikes!
Swampert fainted!
Go! Dugtrio!
Dugtrio is hurt by the spikes!
The opposing Heracross usedRock Slide!
It's not very effective...Dugtrio lost61.8%of its health!
The sandstorm is raging.
The opposing Heracross is buffeted by the sandstorm!
How it should work is that dugtrio comes in, and the next turn begins with heracross never having used rock slide.

Hello.
I just noticed that Psych Up gets blocked by Spiky Shield (used on my own Chesnaught in Doubles, while having x4 atk after using Belly Drum), but, well, it shouldn't. At least according to Bulbapedia:
"Psych Up is not affected by Protect, Detect, or Spiky Shield, but will fail if the target is protected by Crafty Shield."

Hello.
I just noticed that Psych Up gets blocked by Spiky Shield (used on my own Chesnaught in Doubles, while having x4 atk after using Belly Drum), but, well, it shouldn't. At least according to Bulbapedia:
"Psych Up is not affected by Protect, Detect, or Spiky Shield, but will fail if the target is protected by Crafty Shield."
It may be correct or incorrect, only a researcher such as Marty can tell us, but either way, Bulbapedia is not an accurate source of mechanics and if you had read the rules in the first post of this thread you would have known that.

It may be correct or incorrect, only a researcher such as Marty can tell us, but either way, Bulbapedia is not an accurate source of mechanics and if you had read the rules in the first post of this thread you would have known that.
Yes, my bad. However, the first post also states that Veekun is an accurate source, and as you can see here:
http://veekun.com/dex/moves/psych up
It also states that Psych Up is not blocked by Protect/Detect, so I suppose Spiky Shield is included too?
Also I've used Psych Up through Protect many times back in Gen IV, so unless they've changed it (or Spiky Shield works differently), I think it's a bug...

Hello everyone. I don't know if this bug has been reported yet. Sorry in that case.

I was watching FU battles from the Replay section when I saw this one: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/fu-199941382 And this is the bug:

Turn 8

The opposing Wormadam-Trash used Protect!
The opposing Wormadam-Trash protected itself!

Mistletoe used Aromatherapy!
Mistletoe's Sap Sipper raised its Attack!
A soothing aroma wafted through the area!

The opposing Wormadam-Trash restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The opposing Wormadam-Trash was hurt by its burn!

Sawsbuck healed its status ailment and also boosted its Attack through Sap Sipper. I know that this can happen in a Double Battle if a partner use Aromatherapy. But you can¡t do this in Single Battle. I made a video to confirm this (Sorry for the Spanish Language):

Sawsbuck has a Flame Orb. That's why she always get burned but never take damage.

There is something I'd like to make note off: autoconfirmed is not working properly. It doesn't let people talk immediately after registering anymore, that was fixed, but, if you win a rated battle, then register, you can talk without waiting a week. I've noticed this because most spammers have regdates from the same day; they just win a CC1VS1 match or something(takes about one minute), then register, and they can talk. You might want to test this because people have been abusing it lately.

I assume this is the correct place to post this.

So,checked the last 5 pages,no sign of this. Only 4 megas, Audino, Camerupt, Gallade and Lopunny have their little icons but the rest of them don't. It's also like this for few friends,but some of them can see them,which is weird.

There's also regular Diancie which has no icon.

Last edited:

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
http://puu.sh/e9YMT/7e83308910.jpg

I'm lacking sprites on the side and have done so for a while. The sprites in question in this screenshot (there's others as well I cannot see) are Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon and Mega Salamence. Prior to their evolving/field entry, I can still see them, but when they're evolving/revealed the sprites break.

How do I fix this?
Crossposting due to recommendation. Probably related to the above post!

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
HEY Zarel V4Victini Marty D REMEMBER HOW WE ALL HATED MOLD BREAKER BACK IN BW BALANCED HACKMONS

WELL IT'S BACK

I don't believe this is a game mechanic. In this battle, Mold Breaker prevented Unburden from taking effect when Mega Gyarados caused Slurpuff to use up its Red Card. A prior test was done with the same item and a different Pokemon attacking Slurpuff, and it's not the Red Card - when Zapdos activated Red Card, Unaware activated just fine.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was just doing some of the ladder achievement challenges when I stumbled across this guy, who was using Zoroark on his team. It took damage and had its Illusion (of an Infernape) broken turn 1 and switched out, but when it came back in the Illusion was back up and it appeared as a 53% Infernape again. I'm not quite sure if the mechanics for Illusion changed with Gen 6, but I don't think Zoroark's Illusion is supposed to re-appear in a given game after taking any sort of direct damage.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-200699536

I tested this again with a friend of mine (couldn't save the replay, Server was unregistered), but this time after taking damage and switching out, when Zoroark came back in the Illusion was gone, so I'm not sure what caused that Zoroark in particular to keep its Illusion.

Anyway, just thought I'd leave this here, I checked Bulbapedia n' stuff about the mechanics but it was pretty ambiguous, so yeah I mean I could be wrong but I don't think it's supposed to keep its Illusion after taking damage.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I was just doing some of the ladder achievement challenges when I stumbled across this guy, who was using Zoroark on his team. It took damage and had its Illusion (of an Infernape) broken turn 1 and switched out, but when it came back in the Illusion was back up and it appeared as a 53% Infernape again. I'm not quite sure if the mechanics for Illusion changed with Gen 6, but I don't think Zoroark's Illusion is supposed to re-appear in a given game after taking any sort of direct damage.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-200699536

I tested this again with a friend of mine (couldn't save the replay, Server was unregistered), but this time after taking damage and switching out, when Zoroark came back in the Illusion was gone, so I'm not sure what caused that Zoroark in particular to keep its Illusion.

Anyway, just thought I'd leave this here, I checked Bulbapedia n' stuff about the mechanics but it was pretty ambiguous, so yeah I mean I could be wrong but I don't think it's supposed to keep its Illusion after taking damage.
Illusion disguises you as the last Pokemon as your party (slot-wise) when its sent in. When it takes damage while it's on the field from an opponent's attack (HP lost earlier or due to effects such as recoil and stealth rocks don't count), the Illusion is broken. In the linked replay, Infernape was the last Pokemon both times (Forretress was switched with Zoroark so Infernape's slot was unaffected), but in your replication Zoroark most likely was directly switched out with the last Pokemon, causing it to become the last Pokemon itself (Illusion doesn't activate as it switches in).

Hopefully this is a good enough explanation. Test this out in-game and you'll find these mechanics to be true.

sniperr

Pineapples don't belong on pizza
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Also in a replay i failed to save.. i used blizzard on a moltres and it was super effective. im pretty sure moltres is still fire/flying in gen 1 iirc lol (Gen1 randbats)

Edit (check out turn 10) used blizzard on a fire type, it was neutral.

Also in a replay i failed to save.. i used blizzard on a moltres and it was super effective. im pretty sure moltres is still fire/flying in gen 1 iirc lol (Gen1 randbats)

Edit (check out turn 10) used blizzard on a fire type, it was neutral.
I'm fairly certain fire did not resist ice in gen 1.

xJoelituh

Banned deucer.
I don't know why and how, now there's a problem using the command "/me" in private messages it says: "The room '' does not exist." Usually with the text that you "me'd"..

It's strange to explain, so here's a screenshot (I was on the mobile phone sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)