Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a horrible match against a player that lasted 69 turns (hue), the game timed me out, even though I made my selection. The turns get shorter as the match goes, down to 40 seconds on the turn that it ended. I was informed that I timed out, but I then used Substitute as I had selected. So now I've wasted about a half an hour and am down the ladder 27 points.

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-223358907

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
After a horrible match against a player that lasted 69 turns (hue), the game timed me out, even though I made my selection. The turns get shorter as the match goes, down to 40 seconds on the turn that it ended. I was informed that I timed out, but I then used Substitute as I had selected. So now I've wasted about a half an hour and am down the ladder 27 points.

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-223358907
sounds like lag to me, the server was lagging a lot today before the restart. I've had it happen to me in the past too where the timer kept counting down even after i had made a move and eventually timing me out.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Air Lock and the likes are being frustrating again:
[replay]gen5ubers-223382895[/replay]

Note that this only happens when the opponent switches as the Air Lock / Cloud Nine user switches in.
[replay]gen5ubers-223385905[/replay]
This demonstrates where the other mon doesn't switch and it works properly. It would be cool to get this fixed for UPL soon.

This depends on your Flygon's nature. If you were Hasty, then Jolly Rapid Spin would do enough (252 Atk Excadrill Rapid Spin vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Flygon: 31-37 (10.2 - 12.2%)); if you are not Hasty or any other Def dropping nature, Excadrill was Adamant. (252+ Atk Excadrill Rapid Spin vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flygon: 30-36 (9.9 - 11.9%) vs 252 Atk Excadrill Rapid Spin vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flygon: 28-33 (9.3 - 10.9%), the latter of which is just shy of 11%).
Thank you so much!

Knuckstrike

Hi I'm FIREEEE
is a Tiering Contributor
If you log out the moment you press 'look for a battle', you will start a rated battle under the name of a guest with a rating of 1000. This can be used on 'high' ladder alts to troll ratings of other users way down as the rating gain from such a battle is minimal for the opponent, while a loss results in the other person's ladder rating dropping like a brick.

This was tested on a relatively low ladder alt (~1550 OU) but you can imagine this being a way to test teams on the higher ladder without fear of your ladder rating dropping.
This is the replay of the battle, though it's probably not helpful.

kevinrocks

^ I can confirm, as I have done it numerous times, but changing names just in general and not specifically to a guest account. I think that changing names should just automatically stop sending the request to the server or the battles should just not count. However, it could be difficult to detect a name change when the search button has already been pressed though so I'm not sure.

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
When I (and a few other people) do /userauth, it shows our public room auth where the private room auth should be.

If you log out the moment you press 'look for a battle', you will start a rated battle under the name of a guest with a rating of 1000. This can be used on 'high' ladder alts to troll ratings of other users way down as the rating gain from such a battle is minimal for the opponent, while a loss results in the other person's ladder rating dropping like a brick.

This was tested on a relatively low ladder alt (~1550 OU) but you can imagine this being a way to test teams on the higher ladder without fear of your ladder rating dropping.
These have been fixed.

KNOWN BUGS

- Mold Breaker doesn't always interact correctly.
- Unburden is not activated by Natural Gift or Fling.

Known Visual Bugs:
- If a move with a recharging turn fails, it will still display the "Must Recharge" message in the battle log.
- Graphics for Terrains stack when the effects are replaced.
- If the same move causes more than one pokémon to faint, the next attack with multiple targets may cause their sprites to reappear on the field.

Known Bugs in Doubles/Triples:
- Curse requests a target even if the user is non-Ghost.
- Nature Power doesn't allow target selection in Gen 6.
- Poison Gas doesn't allow target selection in Gen 3 or Gen 4.

Known Bugs in Past Generations
- Gen 3: Wish happens after hazards.
- Gens 3 and 4: Mirror Move is not 100% correct due to its complicated mechanics.

NOT BUGS

- Sheer Force prevents Life Orb recoil only when using moves that have a secondary effect removed by Sheer Force.
-
Sheer Force also prevents activation of foe's Red Card if the move has a secondary effect removed by the ability.
- Speed Boost does not activate on the turn you switch in: yes, this is different from most other abilities/items that activate at the end of a turn.
- If Fake Out didn't cause a flinch, your opponent probably had Shield Dust or Inner Focus.
- Wish doesn't take effect if the pokemon in its place faints the turn it would've healed it.
- Wonder Guard is not an immunity: Shedinja is not immune to Ground: it takes damage from Spikes. Shedinja is not immune to Poison: it is still affected by Toxic
- That Pokemon taking incorrect hazard damage is probably a Zoroark (which is a Dark, not a Bug, lolololol)
- Payback boosts damage for moving second, whether or not damage was taken. Also, in Gen V, its power is not doubled if the opponent switches.
- Pursuit will deal double damage immediately before any switch-out, as long as Pursuit has not been used at regular priority yet. This includes U-turn and Volt Switch, but not Baton Pass.
- Sucker Punch fails if the target uses a faster priority move
- Illusion, Balloon, Destiny Bond, Wonder Guard, etc only take effect if the damage was from a move, not an indirect effect such as entry hazards, Poison damage, etc.
- Destiny Bond lasts until the move user makes another move (or would've made another move, if not for confusion or Truant or a similar effect).
- Focus Sash and Sturdy affect all move damage (including static damage moves like Final Gambit, Seismic Toss, SonicBoom, and Counter).
- Outrage/Thrash/Petal Dance can be stopped during effect and not cause confusion if Protect/Detect is used on the second turn of a three-turn duration.
- Rapid Spin does not remove hazards if the user faints from Iron Barbs/Rough Skin/Rocky Helmet damage.
- Iron Ball, when equipped by a Flying pokemon, causes it to receive always neutral damage from Ground moves since BW.
- Roost removes the Flying typing for the rest of the turn only if the user was successfully healed.

ALSO NOT BUGS (XY Mechanics)
- Arceus is affected by Trick or Treat and Forest's Curse.
- The turn a pokemon mega evolves, its turn order will be decided before megaevolution. Thus, Mega Banette's Prankster will only be effective after the first turn, while a Chlorophyll Venusaur will still be likely to move first under sun the turn it mega evolves. This pattern also applies to previous gens: e.g. in Doubles, if a pokemon is paralyzed by a foe, its turn order won't be affected that turn.
- Ghosts cannot be trapped by any means.
- Toxic, when used by a Poison type mon, bypasses Fly, Dive, Dig, Shadow Force, etc
- Powder moves don't affect pokemon with the Grass type, the Overcoat ability, or the Safety Googles effect. These moves include any having a name that includes "Spore" or "Powder", except Powder Snow.
- Sound based moves, as well as the Infiltrator ability, bypass Substitute. Sound Moves include, but are not limited to: Boomburst, Bug Buzz, Hyper Voice and Metal Sound. See if a move is sound based.

AN OVERVIEW OF HOW DAMAGE WORKS

There are three types of damage: Move damage, residual damage, and direct damage.

Most abilities, moves, and items that affect damage will only affect one type of damage: either move damage or residual damage. There are zero effects that apply to direct damage. The only effect that applies to both move and residual damage is Heatproof.

Examples of move damage:
- damage dealt, during a move that hits, to the target(s) of a Physical or Special move
- includes static damage: Final Gambit, Seismic Toss, SonicBoom, and Counter
- does not include the secondary target of Flame Burst (which would be residual damage)

Examples of direct damage:
- hurting yourself in confusion
- damaging yourself during Substitute, Curse, Belly Drum, or Struggle (but not the damage to your opponent, if applicable)
- does NOT include other forms of recoil (which would be residual damage)

Examples of residual damage:
- all other damage
- includes recoil, poison/burn, Leech Seed, weather, hazards, damage from abilities, damage from items...

Things that affect move damage only:
- Wonder Guard
- Sturdy, Focus Sash, Focus Band, Endeavor
- Illusion, Balloon, Destiny Bond

Things that affect residual damage only:
- Magic Guard
- most other effects only affect specific types of residual damage, such as: Poison Heal (poison damage), Rock Head (recoil damage)

Check this bug (?)
Everytime I try to build a team, it says none of the Pokemon and moves are legal. Most times it just says "Loading" and doesn't even work. And when I do manage to get to a battle, the Pokemon are unknown and the moves are the same way.

Attachments

In this gen 1 random battle, turn 7, Primeape Paralysis is overwritten by Sleep. Unless that's an obscure gen 1 mecanic I have never heard about, that does seem like a bug to me.

In this gen 1 random battle, turn 7, Primeape Paralysis is overwritten by Sleep. Unless that's an obscure gen 1 mecanic I have never heard about, that does seem like a bug to me.
It is indeed an obscure gen 1 mechanic.
You could say that Primeape was so tired after the Hyper Beam that it went to sleep easily :P

There seems to be something wrong with Mega Lopunny. I am being consistently outsped by several mon who should not be able to. Examples being Ferrothorn, Charizard and Sylveon neither having choice scarf.
I am max speed invested (checked twice) and it seems to be happening consistantly. Has anyone else seen this?

There seems to be something wrong with Mega Lopunny. I am being consistently outsped by several mon who should not be able to. Examples being Ferrothorn, Charizard and Sylveon neither having choice scarf.
I am max speed invested (checked twice) and it seems to be happening consistantly. Has anyone else seen this?
You're most likely just overlooking some mechanic. What move were you trying to use? Do you have a replay?

Infernape used Close Combat
Suicide lead lost 33.1% of its health!
The opposing Infernape is hurt by Suicide lead's Rough Skin!
The opposing Infernape fainted!
But it failed!

Minor, minor bug but mods in OU room said it was worth posting here.

Not sure if to post this here or under sprite glitches, but when i put diancie on my team, all that shows up is a blank on the team roster.
I figured it wasnt a problem with the sprite per-say but my apologies if i am wrong.

Attachments

kevinrocks

I don't believe it has a small sprite yet for the side bar in a battle or the team roster , someone earlier did post a good one of it.

Illusio

Bold and Brash

These have been fixed.
I'd just like to report that this bug hasn't been fixed yet, as you can still ladder under a guest and win high-ladder games.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-225090636

Just played a match in RU tier (sorry, don't have replay) and my Unburden Hitmonlee got outspeed by a Scarfed Emboar. My Hitmonlee is 273 speed (546 with Unburden) and the max a Jolly Emboar can reach with Choice Scarf is 376.
Both pokémon were +0 in speed and Trick Room was not active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)