Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The different Wormadam forms have the main ones moves in the team builder. Like it says Wormadam-Sandy/Trash can have Synthesis/Grass Knot when they cant learn those moves. The search for battle button does reject them (and they are irrelevant mons) but i have been asked by more than one person in the PU room about why they cant use synthesis wormadam-trash.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-245075081

I used Lv 1 Aron and my opponent used Transform. According to calcs, Aerial Ace on Lv 1 Aron vs Lv 1 aron should deal 1 point of damage and yet I get OHKOed. It seems that on PS Transform doesn't copy the stat but base stat and then adjusts it to the level of the Pokemon which used Transform. Googling didn't bring any results as to whether or not this is how it should work.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-245075081

I used Lv 1 Aron and my opponent used Transform. According to calcs, Aerial Ace on Lv 1 Aron vs Lv 1 aron should deal 1 point of damage and yet I get OHKOed. It seems that on PS Transform doesn't copy the stat but base stat and then adjusts it to the level of the Pokemon which used Transform. Googling didn't bring any results as to whether or not this is how it should work.
Zinnia explained why in the battle's chat.

The attacker's level is part of the damage calculation. Despite copying other stats, Transform does not copy level.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublescustomgame-245109367
I was wondering if Blissey could get Transform via Mimic, but it failed. I can't find any info that says that transform cannot be mimicked in new gens, but I can't find any footage of anyone doing it either.

Also, I've realized that if I'm in the teambuilder looking at a mons stats/moveset and push the simulator window to the edge of my screen to enlarge the window, my ev spread gets messed up. I can't show footage of this now, but I'll edit this post later so you can see what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
When you change a pokemon's type through the move Soak and said pokemon changes form, the type changes, but not the display. It occurred to me when fighting a Cherrim that changed forms after getting soaked, while it successfully changed types, the display one sees hovering over the pokemon still displayed "Water". Me and my opponent both noticed in our battle.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotdoublesvgc2015-245213546
The conversation with me and my opponent occurs between turns 3 and 4.

My friend here is playing Random Battle at the moment and he's playing against a Suicune with Water Absorb. Shouldn't this be impossible?

My friend here is playing Random Battle at the moment and he's playing against a Suicune with Water Absorb. Shouldn't this be impossible?
Impossible in standard play. Random Battle is hardly standard, though, many things in there are illegal but allowed in that tier, such as items that aren't normally obtainable and unreleased Pokemon.

If a Pokemon has an unreleased ability, it's possible. It can also have event only moves mixed with egg moves, for example.

My azelf's (with leftovers) speed fall due to sticky web when it was selected with dragon tail. I don't think that's correct.
It was a random battle, here's the replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-245703699 (turn 22)

Ah ok, so mold breaker negates the ability when the opponent is forced to switch but not when my pokemon is sent out normally... doesn't make sense imo but hey it's pokemon

Last edited:
My azelf's (with leftovers) speed fall due to sticky web when it was selected with dragon tail. I don't think that's correct.
It was a random battle, here's the replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-245703699 (turn 22)
Druddigon has Mold Breaker, which if I'm not mistaken does cause a Pokemon with Levitate to be affected by Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Sticky Web in addition to negating Levitate while using moves like Earthquake.

Ah ok, so mold breaker negates the ability when the opponent is forced to switch but not when my pokemon is sent out normally... doesn't make sense imo but hey it's pokemon
Mold Breaker negates abilities when attacking, and a forced switch is still part of an attack, so the ability doesn't activate.

Amusingly, we recently fixed a bug that was preventing this behavior from happening.

yo, small bug but when I name my team I follow a format like "#01 | nameoftheteam"

problem is after a refresh / dc, when I put "|" i dont see it and the following text (it only shows "#01"). I changed it to ":" (so the name is "#01 : nameoftheteam" and it works so i believe it's a bug.

some screens :

it's really minor tho.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It seems to be that Sky Drop is incorrectly implemented. Currently it seems to fail against heavier targets (see this battle), but if Bulbapedia is correct it should only fail against Pokemon that weigh more than 200 kg, while Yanmega is 50.1 kg. This means that Yanmega can't be 200 kg even if it has Heavy Armor. Unless I don't know about some mechanic, this should probably be fixed as I think Sky Drop is fairly relevant to metagames like VGC.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
It seems to be that Sky Drop is incorrectly implemented. Currently it seems to fail against heavier targets (see this battle), but if Bulbapedia is correct it should only fail against Pokemon that weigh more than 200 kg, while Yanmega is 50.1 kg. This means that Yanmega can't be 200 kg even if it has Heavy Armor. Unless I don't know about some mechanic, this should probably be fixed as I think Sky Drop is fairly relevant to metagames like VGC.
Flying types are immune to the damaging turn of Sky Drop (the page you linked also mentions this mechanic).

Introduction
[00:25] <woodchuck> and if people are mad tell them to be angry at me​
This thread is dedicated to reporting all kind of bugs in Pokemon Showdown.
Note that issues with sprites go in another thread.
Also, if you don't want to report a bug, but rather to ask a question use the SQSA threads about Pokémon or about the simulator.
This is not the place to post if you're having trouble connecting or if you have a feature request. It is ALSO not the place to post about problems with the ladder.

Rules
Before reporting a bug,
  • ...check the lists of Not Bugs and Known Bugs in the post below.
  • ...look up the relevant moves/abilities/items on Veekun and the first post of the Smogon Research thread. Don't look on Serebii, Bulbapedia, or Smogon's own dex, they are too unreliable.
  • ...if your problem involves incorrect damage, include your damage calculation. This is my damage calculator of choice, but there are plenty of others.
  • ...make sure your opponent's pokemon isn't Zorua/Zoroark
  • ...save a replay (the "Share" button, or alternately the "/savereplay" command), generate a screenshot or copy the FULL log of the battle to include in your post
  • ...make sure no one has reported this bug on, say, the last page or two of the thread. No one expects you to go through the whole thread, but it's kind of ridiculous when three posts in a row report the same problem.
  • ...make sure this bug exists on the official server, and with no custom styles enabled.

If you are posting a screenshot, PLEASE put HIDE tags around it. No one likes having their browser stretched by an enormous image.
I was playing Gen 1 random battle and i used explosion on my opponent that had a substitute out and my Pokemon survived

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gen1randombattle-245980650

it happened on turn 56

I have proof Snow Warning is glitched from this log:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotdoublesvgc2015-246019392

and many of my battles people suddenly were using min speed toeds and tars it seemed like. My theory that Snow Warning went first as the only explanation turned out to be correct in my test with JackOras. Excuse the language by me in the chat lol, I was mad. I was so tired of being outweathered every single battle, thought it was just a coincidence until that battle then I knew something very fishy was up. Anyways this is DeagleBeagle I will get my Smogon account hopefully fixed soon as I don't have to post on my brother's account. Please spread this to any programmers because I am not sure the right place to post this so I do not want to get in trouble!

My chandelure was 101 speed and Aurorus 58 speed, and you can tell toed has Sitrus and outspeeds Aurorus and it cannot be a speed tie since it outsped Chandelure. I double checked all my stats and everything. There is no explanation for this. This was on the vgc server, someone posted something on the OU server and not sure if it would be any different there or they tested it right.

tehy

Banned deucer.
did some testing on VGC tier

so far as I can tell it's a glitch native to VGC; additionally it seems to apply to other weathers

There is a problem in the teambuilder system were it says I have more than one genesect-burn when I don't. Not to mention genesect burn has glitched and displayed as sniny.
Here's my team data:

Commander (Genesect) @ Razor Claw
Ability: Download
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Brave Nature
- Techno Blast
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- Giga Impact

Genesect @ Burn Drive
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Techno Blast
- Flamethrower
- Blaze Kick
- Psychic

Genesect @ Chill Drive
EVs: 88 HP / 68 Atk / 252 Def / 100 Spe
Lax Nature
- Techno Blast
- Blizzard
- Ice Beam
- Zen Headbutt

Genesect @ Douse Drive
EVs: 80 HP / 216 Atk / 212 Spe
Careful Nature
- Techno Blast
- Last Resort
- Aerial Ace
- Fell Stinger

Genesect @ Shock Drive
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 52 SpA / 68 SpD / 48 Spe
undefined Nature
- Techno Blast
- Thunder
- Electroweb
- Charge Beam

Porygon-Z
Ability: Analytic
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Brave Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- Discharge
- Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)