Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
[I do not have the replay because I'm stupid, but it's not hard to recreate]

So I was playing a random battle, Diggersby vs Rotom-H. His Diggersby Knocks off my Choice Specs (might be scarf, dont remember) as I Will-o-Wisp him, then as he switches to an Air Baloon Heatran I Trick him; I got Air Baloon, however Heatran's "Air Baloon" modifier (the one near stat changes, confusion, leech seed, etc) stood there. I Thunderbolted it and the Air Baloon didn't break; he Lava Plumed and broke my baloon.

What I think this is is just a visual bug, Heatran's air balloon got traded away but the trigger for the "air baloon" condition to go away is programmed as only activating the Air Baloon through attacking it, so I did steal it correctly with Trick, the game did not remove the air baloon status because it did not break through attacks, and then when I attacked it there was no actual Air Baloon item to break with my Thunderbolt so the Air Baloon condition didn't go away either.

If what I believe is correct, to fix this all you need is just programming the Air Baloon status to go away as soon as the pokémon doesn't hold Air Baloon anymore - that should fix it for any move that can remove it without dealing damage that I can think of (Trick, Switcheroo, the Air Baloon user using Fling, all come to mind)

tested flinging air baloon in a battle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-266865286

I don't even know what happened here, but it looks like when I flinged with an Air Baloon the Baloon status stayed, but when I flinged a second time it went away. I have no clue about what's up with that.

anyway do your programmer stuff and fix those visual thingies n_n

Hi, I am reporting a visual bug involving Zorua/Zoruark. As you can see, it makes it seem like this terrakion has 6 moves (what a great way to overcome 4 move syndrome).
There's no way to be sure which Pokémon was actually using the move and therefore accounting for it; all you know is which Pokémon appeared to use the move. (What should happen if Zorua/Zoruark uses a move that the illusory Pokémon does actually know, or maybe even actually has in its moveset?)

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
I've found a bug with the new Batin Pass Clause, as when I run this set:
Drifblim @ Starf Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Endure
- Destiny Bond
- Baton Pass
- Defog

It says that it can baton pass speed and a different stat, whereas iirc starf berry only increases 1 stat, not 2 different ones

Hey I'm trying to play STABmons and it is rejecting my Pokemon Diancie for using the moves "Moonlight" and "Play Rough"

Last edited:
That is because Naviathan is a CAP Pokemon. I'm not too sure on this, but it looks like this sheet only displays actual Pokemon's minisprite (notice how no other CAP is there?).
Incorrect, CAP Pokemon are featured at the bottom of the list, and Naviathan had a functioning mini sprite provided by Quanyails.

Keldeo (not -Resolute) should not have Secret Sword, right?
because if it did, it would be Keldeo-resolute, so when you see a normal Keldeo, it should tell you it doesnt have Secret Sword, but on showdown normal Keldeo can have it.

Keldeo (not -Resolute) should not have Secret Sword, right?
because if it did, it would be Keldeo-resolute, so when you see a normal Keldeo, it should tell you it doesnt have Secret Sword, but on showdown normal Keldeo can have it.
Keldeo won't go Resolute if it's taught in Black and White since the form didn't exist then. I might be wrong but I think you can transfer one that way into the new games.

I was playing Monotype and I got an "unknown" move
Thanks for reporting the issue. It will be fixed on next server restart.

For future reference, the problem is that the team validator didn't check if a move existed at all, and while copying the sets, you most likely did copy the set with a slash (Dark Void / Spore).

Just a small visual bug. I noticed that after my Zoroark appeared as Regigigas and used some moves, whenever I hovered over Zoroark or Regigigas' sprites, It gave me both of their moves.

http://i.imgur.com/G9GIJTV.png?1

I don't know if this is intentional or not as it would obviously be unfair for opponents to see different moves for each one.

LC ladder bug, I won 2 games and it showed me my score was updated to 1345, then i checked my rank by typing the command "/rank", it gave me 1316 elo which was my score two battles before, also the ladder still shows im at 1316.

1.png 2.png 3.png

EDIT: Ladder updated, SOLVED

Last edited:
The UI regularly lags and crashes for me (about once every twenty minutes). This is running the latest version of chrome on a laptop with 8GB of memory, a i7 processor and no other applications running.

I'm sure there are a number of possible issues (I haven't spent much time looking at the codebase yet), but I did notice that:

1. The number of requests to third party domains for ad serving is a little ridiculous (by which I mean completely ridiculous). The app makes over a hundred HTTP requests to serve adds within 45 seconds of hitting play.pokemonshowdown.com/, with the total request count breaking a thousand in a few minutes. This is about an order of magnitude more than what I've seen on any other site. I don't know what add provider you're using, but I can't imagine that they really need to ping their servers that often. XmlHttpRequest objects aren't cheap to initialize, and pinging a request over the wire isn't exactly free.

2. All your ad serving requests are being made of http, even if the original user hits your site using https. Chrome will auto log to console every time this happens. That's a lot of log calls.

3. Your ad providers are returning 403 and 404s like crazy.

I don't know how much of that ad-serving code is in your hands. I'm going to assume that it's probably a script they gave you to drop on the site (since the rest of PS is crazy performant). If so, you might want to consider trying to find someone else to source your ads, because this is non-sense

Thanks for reporting the issue. It will be fixed on next server restart.

For future reference, the problem is that the team validator didn't check if a move existed at all, and while copying the sets, you most likely did copy the set with a slash (Dark Void / Spore).
yeah thats what happened we were making teams in pireatepad and some1 put the /

I might have found a glitch with multiple of the same move in custom battles. I was on my alternate account testingSteel testing a metronome team in a custom game. My set for every single pokemon was:

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Metronome
- Metronome
- Metronome
- Metronome

The problem occurred once the main metronome ran out of pp. The other metronomes appeared as clickable moves but when clicked gave the error:
"Pokemon used Metronome! But there was no PP left for the move!"
When I saw this I assumed it was a glitch since no pp should force me to struggle until I die. Here is the link to the battle:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-268282696
Turns 25 - 27

I might have found a glitch with multiple of the same move in custom battles. I was on my alternate account testingSteel testing a metronome team in a custom game. My set for every single pokemon was:

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Metronome
- Metronome
- Metronome
- Metronome

The problem occurred once the main metronome ran out of pp. The other metronomes appeared as clickable moves but when clicked gave the error:
"Pokemon used Metronome! But there was no PP left for the move!"
When I saw this I assumed it was a glitch since no pp should force me to struggle until I die. Here is the link to the battle:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-268282696
Turns 25 - 27
Strangely enough, this is how it works when you have the same move in more than one slot; you can just keep using it over and over again without having to Struggle.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
in gen 4 custom game [since farceus ubers is not yet a legal format] when arceus is switched in for the second time it comes out as normal arceus irrespective of whatever form of arceus it actually is x_x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)