Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having a battle in an AAA tournament one time, and after I defeated the opponents Infernape, he told me that he had Magnet Pull on his Infernape.

The thing is when he switched in his Infernape on my Cobalion I could just switch out when Magnet Pull clearly states ''Prevents Steel-type Pokemon from switching. ''.

But then later in the battle he switched in his Infernape on my Entei, but the weird thing is that this time I couldn't switch out my Entei.

So this means that in AAA Magnet Pull prevents pokemon of the same type from switching out, but this doesn't make any sense either, since Magnezone can't prevent Electric type pokemon from switching out. This could possibly be a glitch or bug, so I thought I should report it.
do you have a replay? ive used magnet pull raikou and it worked fine for trapping steel types. Are you sure an ability suppressing move or shed bell (or w/e it is that lets you escape traps) wasnt used?

Not sure if this goes here but the damage calc for Kingdra is messed up in DPP. Any ice move seems to be doing .3% less than an electric move with the same bp. (Found this also applied to other moves such as crunch/superpower from ttar where crunch did .3% more)

Also I don't know how to add tags/too lazy to take pics but here, you can calc for yourselves:

Clefable's Moves (select one to show detailed results)
Calm Mind 0 - 0%
Thunderbolt 33.9 - 40%
Ice Beam 33.6 - 39.7%
Softboiled 0 - 0%

Clefable's Moves (select one to show detailed results) - For some reason the max roll in this one is the same, not sure why
Calm Mind 0 - 0%
Thunder 43.1 - 50.7%
Blizzard 42.8 - 50.7%
Softboiled 0 - 0%

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Not sure if this goes here but the damage calc for Kingdra is messed up in DPP. Any ice move seems to be doing .3% less than an electric move with the same bp. (Found this also applied to other moves such as crunch/superpower from ttar where crunch did .3% more)
There's actually a dedicated thread for the damage calc, but to answer your questions it's just due to the Gen 4 damage formula, which rounds down after every step, including between each type effectiveness multiplier. So Ice moves sometimes do less damage to Kingdra than Electric moves of equal power because Water halves the damage and rounds down before Dragon doubles it.

Since you didn't actually say which Pokemon you were attacking with Crunch/Superpower I'm assuming a similar situation. Either way, everything is explained by rounding.

If you use a zoroark and then switch to the pokemon that zoroark's ilusion is appears two of the real pokemon and one zoroark,hiding one pokemon.I tested with lucario in a OU tier,and my leafeon disappeared.(This is a visual bug,when i used leafeon the bug fixed.This also happen when zoroark dies,if the real pokemon have already been used)

There's actually a dedicated thread for the damage calc, but to answer your questions it's just due to the Gen 4 damage formula, which rounds down after every step, including between each type effectiveness multiplier. So Ice moves sometimes do less damage to Kingdra than Electric moves of equal power because Water halves the damage and rounds down before Dragon doubles it.

Since you didn't actually say which Pokemon you were attacking with Crunch/Superpower I'm assuming a similar situation. Either way, everything is explained by rounding.
I was referring to Tyranitar attacking Kingdra (which should be neutral with both moves regardless), and there is still an error in the damage calcs. Anyways I'll post this in the other thread.

Tyranitar's Moves (select one to show detailed results)
Stone Edge 60.1 - 71.1%
Crunch 48.4 - 57%
Pursuit 24 - 28.8%
Superpower 48.1 - 56.7%

Kingdra's Moves (select one to show detailed results)
(No Move) 0 - 0%
Waterfall 70.7 - 84.2%
Hydro Pump 119.2 - 140.9%
Draco Meteor 69.2 - 81.8%

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
I was referring to Tyranitar attacking Kingdra (which should be neutral with both moves regardless), and there is still an error in the damage calcs. Anyways I'll post this in the other thread.
You seem to have ignored the most important part of my post:
everything is explained by rounding
Crunch max damage: (FLOOR(FLOOR(FLOOR(FLOOR(2 * 100 / 5 + 2) * 80 * 367 / 50) / 226) + 2) * 1.5) = 166
Superpower max damage: (FLOOR(FLOOR(FLOOR(2 * 100 / 5 + 2) * 120 * 367 / 50) / 226) + 2) = 165

Please actually read the article I linked you.

This glitch costed me the match! Need to fix ASAP!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-418162881

Pardon my ignorance, but on Turn 26, why did my Bastiodon eat its Chople Berry (halves Fighting type damage) even though it used Protect? He was never hit by Medicham's High Jump Kick, so he shouldn't have eaten the Berry! If Bastiodon hadn't eaten it on Turn 26, he probably wouldn't have fainted on Turn 27 (because he would have eaten it then) and he could have used Protect on Turn 28, causing Medicham to knock itself out from crash damage. I may have been able to knock out Jolteon with Ice Beam or Metal Burst on Turn 29 or 30, but I didn't get an opportunity because of this glitch.

Even though it was highly unlikely that I would have won my match, I still want it to get fixed so it doesn't happen to other people. Please help!

I was in a PU ladder game and my opponent was able to Baton Pass a Shell Smash through Baton Pass Clause.

Replay Here

I'm not sure how it happened but was suggested to post it here.
can confirm, it worked on ladder in ou, so im assuming it works in all tiers. oddly enough, i tried to use geomancy>shell smash and teambuilder wouldn't allow it, suggesting the glitch is shell smash alone.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-420132318

edit: works for dragon dance, swords dance/nasty plot/tail glow+speed boosting move, quiver dance. looks like geomancy is the only one where baton pass clause kicks in. i tested having multiple baton passers, and bp clause kicked in there as well.

edit 2: and now it's fixed. I don't know showdown was being dumb or a bit there or if someone fixed it, so i'll say thank you just in case.

Last edited:
So every time i try and manually change nature from the nature tab, showdown closes. Not sure what to do about that. Plus and minus on a stat still works but i don't always use that.

In this replay a guy outspeeds my Choice scarf Gengar with a Manaphy wich run Tail Glow set. Not Trick room.
Could be that magic room effects are bugged so remain after it ends?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-421145442

Costed me this ladder match :/
The Manaphy was Scarfed too, it used Tail Glow under Magic Room meaning the Scarf was not in effect until it ended hence letting it switch moves.

I found a bug in the move wonder room and was directed to post it here:

On bulbapedia, the move wonder room move says "Wonder Room swaps the Defense and Special Defense of all Pokémon, but stat changes remain on their respective stat.". However, here is a replay where wonder room factors in Cotton Guard +6 defense boost in SpDef, which directly contradicts what bulbapedia said. Here is a replay of a friend and I testing it out for evidence of the issue.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/competitiveshowdownleague-ou-731

Thank you!

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I found a bug in the move wonder room and was directed to post it here:

On bulbapedia, the move wonder room move says "Wonder Room swaps the Defense and Special Defense of all Pokémon, but stat changes remain on their respective stat.". However, here is a replay where wonder room factors in Cotton Guard +6 defense boost in SpDef, which directly contradicts what bulbapedia said. Here is a replay of a friend and I testing it out for evidence of the issue.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/competitiveshowdownleague-ou-731

Thank you!
While it is correct that the Magic Room mechanics regarding Wonder Room on PS! are incorrect (as seen in this battle replay: CA4G-WWWW-WW4N-D3QV), you shouldn't base your assumptions of how game mechanics are supposed to work just by other websites like Bulbapedia. They can be faulty as well. It's best to test it out in-game and see for yourself (and save the in-game battle replay and show it here, if that's necessary).

(Also, it's best to test how the mechanics work on PS on the main server, rather than a side-server. Because the main is the most up to date)

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-421759699

On Turn 3, I swapped into a Mawile that had Illusion with Shedinja in the 6th slot. I mega evolved the Mawile into Mawile-Mega, and it still showed up as Shedinja as if it was an actual Huge Power Shedinja with Mawile-Mega's attack and HP. Even when I got hit by attacks, the Illusion didn't wear off.

On Turn 12, I used Aromatheraphy and this message appeared:

The opposing Chansey used Aromatherapy!
A soothing aroma wafted through the area!
Error parsing: |-curestatus|p2: Mawile|brn|[msg] (TypeError: poke.side is undefined)
Battle.prototype.runMinor@http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/battle.js?v0.10.2b108:4168:1

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-421759699

On Turn 3, I swapped into a Mawile that had Illusion with Shedinja in the 6th slot. I mega evolved the Mawile into Mawile-Mega, and it still showed up as Shedinja as if it was an actual Huge Power Shedinja with Mawile-Mega's attack and HP. Even when I got hit by attacks, the Illusion didn't wear off.
This is how it works in game. Since you do not have illusion anymore, it cannot be "broken" until you switch out (same goes for primals).

I've recently fixed the behaviour to match the actual in-game behaviour, so you may have been used to broken behaviour.

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey I found a bug with Knock Off and Rocky Helmet. When a Pokemon faints too rocky helmet recoil by hitting with Knock Off, the Rocky Helmet is not knocked off, heres the replay link, look at turn 18 and turn 20

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-422906152
- If the user faints from Iron Barbs/Rough Skin/Rocky Helmet damage, Rapid Spin does not remove hazards, and Knock Off does not remove the target's item.

Cam

The Colby Covington Of Smogon
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
I found this when a poll was created. When the poll was active there was only one option that was clickable and that each time it displayed on my screen it spewed HTML at the bottom. I couldn't get a picture of when the poll was active but it spewed the html like in this screenshot http://prnt.sc/c9ler2 and http://prnt.sc/c9lami I tried refreshing and nothing changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)