Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
opponent had 5 moves

we were playing standard ag on the ladder on main

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-472282463

i have a screenshot but i dont want to post it bc of private room and not wanting to leak said rooms, i can provide a screenshot in pms tho
That's just the client lying to you. Since you don't know which normalceus had which move, it lists all of them from both (also you linked the screenshot in the battle so).

If both players disconnect without the timer on, neither of them can log back in to end the battle. The battle window will always display waiting for players.

Yo, not sure if this is a bug or what, but everytime I use Sleep powder on an opponent they have 1 turn wake ups. This has occurred over the span of 10+ battles with no change. I've been put to sleep (Darkrai and Sleep powder) and I never get 1 turn wake ups, so it's seriously killing my setup (Which is practically the only thing keeping me alive against legends). I know sleep's already been Nerfed with the clause, so what gives? I can't seriously be that unlucky
(On Showdown, Run Venomoth with Baton, Tox Spks, Quiver, and Sleep Powder)

In Gen 1 some of the type effectiveness is wrong on the server.

Earthquake is super effective on vileplume because it is part poison and grass doesn't compensate for it. On the same token charizard takes super effective damage from ice beam.

Not 100% sure but I think the rule is that if a pokemon takes super effective damage on one type, the other will not compensate for it. I would test that though on more than just the two pokemon I've listed

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
In Gen 1 some of the type effectiveness is wrong on the server.

Earthquake is super effective on vileplume because it is part poison and grass doesn't compensate for it. On the same token charizard takes super effective damage from ice beam.

Not 100% sure but I think the rule is that if a pokemon takes super effective damage on one type, the other will not compensate for it. I would test that though on more than just the two pokemon I've listed
Likely not a bug, iirc this is how it's actually displayed in the generation I games. Damage should be calculated like normal, however. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w..._Generation_I#Dual-type_damage_misinformation

In rooms where regular users are not allowed to link public rooms using <<>>, they also can't link things like <<bugs>> or <<adminrequests>>, even though these aren't private rooms at all, but links to public threads. Is this intentional?

Power Trick should be able to be power tricked; however, it doesn't work on play.pokemonshowdown.com .
This needs to be fixed please!!!

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Okay I will be reporting this on behalf of everyone having this issue.

Lately I have noticed a lot of people reporting an issue in the Help room, as well as other rooms occasionally, with the teambuilder which did not load up the Pokémon. I have suggested to them to refresh, but that didn't fix it. I have suggested to them to backing up the teams and potential chat highlights and clearing cookies afterwards, but this did not fix it. I asked them to see if they had this issue on a different browser as well, and quite a few of them did. I told the people to report it here, but no one seemed to have done that.

And seeing as nobody tried to report it, I will do it instead because I was kind of getting tired of answering the same question over and over again.

So for a lot of people the teambuilder does not show up any Pokémon if you want to see the tier list. This screenshot, made by UncleSpoods shows them having this issue.

They reported this in the help room and I asked them to take a screenshot of this, since I do not have this issue. Now it happens to be that they are using the Desktop client so it's not a browser exclusive issue either.

If this could be looked at and hopefully fixed, that would be wonderful! Thanks in advance!

- Amaluna

Hello,

In the replay below, Turn 26 shows Talonflame (26% HP) using Brave Bird on Garchomp (8% HP), reducing Garchomp to 0% HP. Afterword, Talonflame took recoil damage from Rough Skin, Rocky Helmet, and Brave Bird Recoil, reducing his self to 0% HP. All other Pokémon have fainted.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-476179066

In the replay,
Talonflame fainted first, however, it clearly shows that Garchomp reached 0% first. The admins explained that because Talonflame fainted first, I recieved a loss, although were not able to explain why (hence the bug-report).

Was this an intended effect? (Recoil damage takes precedence over move damage?)
Was it a case of bad RNG? (When two Pokemon reach 0% at the same time, is the one who faints first decided by a coin flip?)

Please let me know the specifics of how this works or if this is a true bug. Thank you.

-Hoeffner

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Hello,

In the replay below, Turn 26 shows Talonflame (26% HP) using Brave Bird on Garchomp (8% HP), reducing Garchomp to 0% HP. Afterword, Talonflame took recoil damage from Rough Skin, Rocky Helmet, and Brave Bird Recoil, reducing his self to 0% HP. All other Pokémon have fainted.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-476179066

In the replay,
Talonflame fainted first, however, it clearly shows that Garchomp reached 0% first. The admins explained that because Talonflame fainted first, I recieved a loss, although were not able to explain why (hence the bug-report).

Was this an intended effect? (Recoil damage takes precedence over move damage?)
Was it a case of bad RNG? (When two Pokemon reach 0% at the same time, is the one who faints first decided by a coin flip?)

Please let me know the specifics of how this works or if this is a true bug. Thank you.

-Hoeffner
In the games, if a Pokémon’s Ability (such as Rough Skin, Aftermath, Liquid Ooze, or Iron Barbs) or held item (such as Rocky Helmet) results in each player’s final Pokémon fainting, the player whose Pokémon had the Ability or held item wins the game.

Here's an official source for judging, section 6 is the relevant part.

http://assets22.pokemon.com/assets/...14/Play_Pokemon_VG_Rules_and_Formats_2014.pdf

In the games, if a Pokémon’s Ability (such as Rough Skin, Aftermath, Liquid Ooze, or Iron Barbs) or held item (such as Rocky Helmet) results in each player’s final Pokémon fainting, the player whose Pokémon had the Ability or held item wins the game.

Here's an official source for judging, section 6 is the relevant part.

http://assets22.pokemon.com/assets/...14/Play_Pokemon_VG_Rules_and_Formats_2014.pdf
That was a quick reply, thank you for clearing that up for me.

Bug found:
If you pick a *Type-Arceus, then remove the plate item that changes its type, it gives you a normal type arceus, and keeps the name of *Type-Arceus, which is fine, except the Arceus's colour stays the same as the *Type-Arceus you originally chose, which is unfairly misleading.

When I tried to sort by stats in teambuilder, a second click doesn't sort them from lowest to highest. Instead, it sorts them by tier. When a tier filter is active, the same issue occurs.

Every turn this message pops up. I only run 1 battle at a time and it keeps asking me if I want to quit the game. It also asks if I want to forfeit. Very annoying. Is anybody else having this problem?

Attachments

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Every turn this message pops up. I only run 1 battle at a time and it keeps asking me if I want to quit the game. It also asks if I want to forfeit. Very annoying. Is anybody else having this problem?
A lot of people have reported this issue in the Help room. Refreshing seems to fix that issue.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Posting this on behalf of a PS user.

[13:11:03] ‽seasonalsuperstaff: I just like to report a bug ingame, when you make moves very quickly it may say, "you have sent too many messages" not letting you attack
[13:11:05] ‽seasonalsuperstaff: not about the lock
[13:11:10] %Tiksi: o
[13:11:21] %Tiksi: hmm
[13:11:33] ‽seasonalsuperstaff:https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-randomtriplesbattle-477122879
[13:11:37] ‽seasonalsuperstaff: I lost because of it
[13:11:40] ‽seasonalsuperstaff: and I would of won
[13:14:25] %Tiksi: I'll report it as a bug

note: they're only proxy locked, not some intentionally locked user giving fake bugs so far as I know

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bug found:
If you pick a *Type-Arceus, then remove the plate item that changes its type, it gives you a normal type arceus, and keeps the name of *Type-Arceus, which is fine, except the Arceus's colour stays the same as the *Type-Arceus you originally chose, which is unfairly misleading.
(This part mainly applies to Balanced Hackmons and other such formats)
[I think that's an in-game mechanic if you were to hack a non-normal type arceus that lacks a plate (such an arceus is impossible to obtain legally), due to how Multitype/the differently typed forms are hard-coded in game data.
In case this clarifies, any non-Multitype Arceus or any Arceus that lacks the required Plate will automatically and always be Normal type.]

EDIT2: If you try to use a non-Normal-type Arceus in any non-hackmons format and don't give it the needed plate/Multitype, upon trying to start a match you'll get this message:

Your team was rejected for the following reasons: - Arceus-Dragon needs to hold Draco Plate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)