1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. meteor64

meteor64

Just tried to use Persistent Fidgit in CAP but Persistent does not extend the turns of Trick Room like it should. Not sure about Gravity and Tailwind yet. Will get logs next time.
  2. shroomhead

shroomhead

I wanted to try out Conkeldurr with Foresight / Drain Punch / Mach Punch / Ice Punch. PS tells me that one of the moves is illegal with Mach Punch. I think this is wrong because Drain Punch and Ice Punch are move tutored moves, and Foresight + Mach Punch are egg moves from Hitmonlee (Mach Punch is also an egg move for Hitmonlee).
  3. drakon136

drakon136

I've started getting back into playing PS recently, despite my terrible connection on my desktop. Unfortunately, I've been prevented from playing much due to an unfortunate bug. It seems that if you disconnect while you have your move chosen OR if a move is already being made, the match gets stuck on "Waiting for players..." and you are unable to do anything other than talk. When this happens, it doesn't even say you disconnected/reconnected.

screenshot (open)
    [​IMG]
  4. gamerno1

gamerno1

Final gambit still KO's the user when the opponent uses protect (when it should fail). Not sure if ghost switching in does the same thing.
  5. idr

idr

Gravity display bug

When you set up any weather, it shows how many turns left it has in the upper left corner, then disappears when it runs out. However, when gravity is up, the message never disappears even when gravity turns expire. This happens everytime. Proof:
    (Sandstorm was summoned by sand stream, btw)

[​IMG]

Also, if you use entrainment, and then the foe switches out, when the entrained pokemon comes back in has its original ability as expected, but if you hover your mouse over it, it will say it has the ability you gave it with entrainment. I'm not sure if this also happens with skill swap, but it happens every time when "entrainmenting" truant.
    Thanks for your time.
  6. Tendie

Tendie

Bright Powder is not banned in OU!
  7. Relados

Relados
    is a Battle Server Moderator

That's intentional.
  8. HBxRedI

HBxRedI

I was playing in CAP, Mollux used Will-o-Wisp on my Mew, which has Synchronize, but Mollux didn't get burned.
  9. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

Fire types cannot be burned.

Mollux is fire / poison
  10. The Last Tensiga

The Last Tensiga

I want to report a bug. This needs to be fixed. Chansey should be able to have sesmic toss and counter on the same set. It won't let you in showdown. Please fix this.
  11. akela

akela

12. speedlot

speedlot

Gyarados used Bounce!
    Gyarados sprang up!
    The foe's Ferrothorn used Power Whip!
    The attack of the foe's Ferrothorn missed!
    Gyarados restored HP using its Leftovers!
    The foe's Ferrothorn restored HP using its Leftovers!
    Turn 15

Gyarados used Substitute!
    The attack of Gyarados missed!
    The foe's Ferrothorn used Power Whip!
    The attack of the foe's Ferrothorn missed!
    Gyarados restored HP using its Leftovers!
    The foe's Ferrothorn restored HP using its Leftovers!

This occurred when I BOUNCE, and then I try to cancel and use SUBSTITUTE instead.
    I then bounce into sub, then yeah.. It got all confusing.

This is the game. http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ou2988669
  13. Ada

Ada
    is a Tiering Contributor

14. Relados

Relados

When battling, the avatar on the left is shown reversed on PS. It's intentional (it can be pretty weird looking at avatars 166-168 in reverse though).
  15. Yukiteru

Yukiteru

White Herb doesn't reverse stat loss from draco meteor

bug in title
  16. phoopes

phoopes The Boss

It helps if you post a log or screenshot of this happening, since it seems highly unlikely to me that something involving a move used as often as Draco Meteor went overlooked.
  17. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps

I believe i've seen this working properly before, care to post a log of the battle?
  18. FastFlygon

FastFlygon

I've definitely seen White Herb + Draco Meteor working before.

Also, this maybe ought to be in the OP, but the fix to any problem involving a disconnect allowing only talking/showing the wrong perspective etc. is to use the /leavebattle and /joinbattle commands. I believe Zarel mentioned it is caused by a ghost of you before you disconnected.
  19. MrBlenis

MrBlenis

Scald's secondary effect of burning targets hits almost 100% of the time whereas it should only hit 30% so I think that is bugged. I say this because my 90% hit rate aqua tail misses a lot more than scald doesn't burn.
  20. Ghostbone

Ghostbone

Mold breaker (and presumably turboblaze/teravolt) isn't ignoring unaware like it should be.
  21. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps

This is due to how you perceive it, the human mind is more inclined to remember bad things such as misses then hits. The code is open source so you can check the percentages yourself if you like but they are correct.
  22. MrBlenis

MrBlenis

23. Qegixar

Qegixar

When my Kingdra was put to sleep in the middle of an outrage, I had to stay in for one turn and use Outrage again, even though I was asleep. After that, I was able to switch.
    replay: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu3065083
  24. Yeezy D

Yeezy D

All of my moves are shown with their names, but their typing is 'undefined'. For example, on my NU Regice:

Thunder Wave Ice Beam Thunderbolt Rest
    undefined undefined undefined undefined

And when I hovered over my Pokemon, it showed it like this, (when they're in the party and alive).

Regice
    ClearBody
    -ChestoBerry
    100% HP (404/404)
    -thunderwave
    -icebeam
    -thunderbolt
    -rest
  25. bendy001

bendy001

White Kyruem's Fusion Flare Bypasses my Forretress's Sturdy (It has item red card if it helps) and K0s it .... Fix this or ubers will be unfair :(

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)