1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. The moderators of this forum are the PS! Leaders (&) and Admins (~).
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  4. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Sondero

Sondero Giveaway Extraordinaire
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor

If outrage is interrupted (through the likes of Protect or in this case: type immunity) while it still has another turn of outrage, the user will not be confused and will not be locked into Outrage. So in this case, Outrage Number 2 was interrupted, while it would have used a third outrage, if Mimikyu hadn't swapped in to interrupt. If the outrage would've been a 2-turn outrage, the Zygarde would've been confused after trying to attack the Mimikyu.
    Hope you found this explanation helpful. For future reference, have a look at the second post of this thread, as it contains a list and explanation of not-bugs that are commonly thought of as bugs. It even includes an answer to your initial question.
    ih8ih8sn0w likes this.
  2. playerW17

playerW17 英雄,志逐傳奇
    is a Tiering Contributor

3. Rose_Warrior

Rose_Warrior

Thank you and i did read though it i might have missed it and it is an immunity not detect or protect so i was not sure sorry for miss understanding
  4. Oibaf

Oibaf

5. ObsidianHex

ObsidianHex

Whenever a pokemon uses petal dance and oricorio copies it with dancer, oricorio gets locked into the move petal dance. After testing, the same thing does not seem to happen in-game. I would include replay evidence, but since the locked into move thing isn't shown in the text, it would not really be evidence.
  6. EnemyJurist

EnemyJurist

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-513830822

turn 34, i clicked trick with my itemless mr. mime against a metang holding an item. the move failed. earlier in the game, i had tricked my choice scarf onto a clefairy, also holding an eviolite, which proceeded to knock off the eviolite my mr. mime stole. in-game, trick only fails if neither pokemon is holding an item, and it doesn't matter if the items are the same.

ive noticed this happen several times recently, but this is the first time it happened during one of my games. it seems to be a recent bug, ive been able to trick items purely away before.

this game is gen 6 pu. i don't know if something in sun and moon changed trick's mechanics, but if it did, its affecting gen 6. according to bulbapedia, trick's mechanics were not changed, but its bulbapedia.
  7. Oibaf

Oibaf

I don't know if that machanic (trick actives if you don't have an item) is new or not... I'm sure that in gen5, I tried to do the same thing but without success.
    In gen6 you can steal opponent's item with trick althought you have not an item
  8. Liuberty

Liuberty

Screenshot_2017-01-09-15-20-53.png Screenshot_2017-01-09-15-16-26.png

No this is not only a visual bug. I was playing showdown on the mobile.
    What you can see in the first image are 2 garchomp, in vgc 2017, well the garchomp on the left is a *beatiful and fantastic* GASTRODON, but in the second image you can see that there isnt a GASTRODON. Now if it was only a visual bug i would not wrote this here, but, over wat i already Said there is more: you cant hit it. It's not like the attacks miss or things like that, it's like the game doesn't know that the pokemon is there. So if you kill all the 3 enemy's pokemon over that gastrodon you have only the possibility to hit your ally cause its like none is on the other Side!

Now, is not the first time i see this, it's like the 25th so please PLEASE, it's becoming frustrating as hell forfeit for that onlyy pokemon!
  9. Naarly117

Naarly117

If you're right then it should have given me the option to attack again instead of switch, which it didn't. I was still forced to switch.
  10. Igriax

Igriax

It was ubers. nothing removed the heavy rain at all. It was completely in effect.
  11. haxel59

haxel59

Pokémon can't learn moves they could learn in the 1st gen in Pokebank OU (Pokémon from 1st gen can be transferred to 7th gen http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-bank/)
    For example, Alakazam can't have Tri-Attack but it can learn it in Red/Blue/Yellow (Source: your team builder).
  12. gorex

gorex

emergency exit is apparently being blocked by sheer force, which shouldn't be this way, because according to the description of sheer force on bulbapedia (assuming it's correct because it has been proven to be as such with items such as eject button), "if (and only if) a move is boosted by the effect of Sheer Force, it will no longer trigger item or Ability effects that activate after attacking."

sheer force has been proven to block items such as eject button, because the description of eject button is as follows: "If holder survives a hit, it immediately switches out to a chosen ally. Single use." according to that on ps, which means that it only works after attacking.

however, the description of emergency exit is as follows: "This Pokemon switches out when it reaches 1/2 or less of its maximum HP.", which suggests that it does not only activate after attacking, which means that it ideally should not be blocked by sheer force

i've tested emergency exit to work regardless of golisopod being attacked, which can be seen in this replay:
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-514351607
    it shows that emergency exit works even when it is being brought down to under 50% via a status.

however, emergency exit is then shown to fail against a sheer force mon (in this example, nidoking), which can be referenced here:
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-514353156
    emergency exit did not work after being brought down to under 50% via a sheer force life orb earth power.
    MrAldo likes this.
  13. Quantum Tesseract

Quantum Tesseract Imasugu
    is a Pre-Contributor

Sheer force prevents emergency exit and eject button from activating. This is not a glitch, this is how it works ingame.
    MrAldo and ih8ih8sn0w like this.
  14. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo
    is a Pokemon Researcher

We do not know how transferring from gen 1 to gen 7 will work, what restrictions they will have, or even if they keep their moves. PS will continue to say that Pokemon cannot learn gen 1 exclusive moves until gf/nintendo makes it clear as to what will happen, or release and people start testing.
  15. BARABOY

BARABOY

Flower gift is supposed to boost your ally's attack and special defense in sunlight, but it only boosts Cherrim's.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  16. AlimKyuugastai

AlimKyuugastai

Okay, so this is the bug. Apparently Ribombee is immune to Paralysis and Flinching right now. I just played a match ( http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankdoublesou-514391529 ) where I start with a Togedemaru and a Tapu Koko against their Ribombee and Oricorio. First turn I use Fake Out and Ribombee doesn't flinch from it. Both the other player and I notice it and say something about it in the chat log. Then the next turn, my Togedemaru uses Nuzzle on the Ribombee. Nuzzle has a 100% chance to Paralyze, however the Ribombee stays unparalyzed.
  17. BARABOY

BARABOY

The ribombee must have had the ability shield dust. If you don't know what that does, it negates the secondary effect of any attack used on it, such as flinching or paralysis.
    Merritt likes this.
  18. AlimKyuugastai

AlimKyuugastai

That might be it, actually. I didn't take that into mind. Thanks for the info. I was just playing and noticed it and I was like "Hm... this is not right"
  19. Liuberty

Liuberty

Another bug, at least on the mobile version (damn), if you try to use skill swap on your ally (i used tapu lele and the ally was arcanine) then the simulator understand, but after have choose the move of arcanine i had to wait and wait and wait until i saw that it wasnt my oppenent's but MY time that was running out. In fact every time i try to use skill swap on the ally time pass like and you have choose the moves but the simulator is still wait in them like you havent choose
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  20. average fella

average fella

Magic Guard is erroneously reported as being existent in gen 3 as a possible ability on clef.

[​IMG]
  21. pkmntails

pkmntails

im not able to use alolan or normal raichu with encore and endeavor in poke bank OU
    even thought it was released via a 2015 event in ORAS: http://www.serebii.net/events/dex/025.shtml

don't know if i should be reporting it here or elsewhere... if someone can point me in the right direction
  22. akboyce

akboyce

Bug: Berserk does trigger for Drampa if after eating a Sitrus Berry he has above 50% health.

Expected: Drampa with Berserk holding Sitrus Berry is hit to 26-49% health. Drampa's Berserk triggers and he gains 1 stage of Sp Attack. Drampa then eats the berry and recovers 25% health. (Tested in game and confirmed it will eat Berry after getting the buff allowing it to gain 2 Berserk triggers. Works with both Sitrus and oran berry)

Actual: Drampa with Berserk holding Sitrus Berry is hit to 26-49% health. Drampa eats the berry and recovers 25% health. No Sp. Attack raise until hit below 50% again.

Example Battle:
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-514936465

T3:
    The opposing Tapu Fini used Dazzling Gleam!
    It's super effective on Drampa! Drampa lost 62.0% of its health!
    Drampa ate its Sitrus Berry!
    Drampa restored HP using its Sitrus Berry!
    Vikavolt lost 27.7% of its health!

T4:
    The opposing Whimsicott used Energy Ball!
    It's not very effective... Drampa lost 16.3% of its health!
    [Drampa's Berserk!]
    Drampa's Special Attack rose!

Drampa wants its double Berserks
  23. MichaelXD2

MichaelXD2 Banned deucer.

Burn used to be 1/16 in gen 1 too. Then it was changed to 1/8 from gen 2 moving forward for the remainder until gen 7. So from gen 2 to gen 6, it's basically been all the same.
  24. TigerballGold

TigerballGold

25. SonOfMyths73

SonOfMyths73

I just had my Golisopod's Emergency Exit work from Toxic damage before the Sitrus Berry (berry was still used) and force a switch anyway even though the Sitrus Berry put it above half health.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)