Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if so far I've had the worst luck in the history of Pokemon.

Whenever I've used Bone Rush or Arm Thrust, the moves would never hit more than twice, when they are supposed to hit up to three times. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but if someone could confirm this...

You know how when you use Trick Room and the battle arena changes to this magical cube? Well someone use Gravity on me and even after four turns the magic cube arena is still there. It doesn't affect the condition though.

Conkeldurr can't have forseight, mach punch, drain punch, or ice punch. I even bred one yesterday to make sure it could learn them, but for whatever reason, it won't let me give it those moves.

When spectating a battle, if one of the players forfeits (at least, if the player whose "side of the arena" you're watching from forfeits), a "Join Battle" button appears for the spectator (where it'd appear if you disconnected then reconnected again). It doesn't do anything, though. (We were a little disappointed that it didn't let me continue the battle with the disconnected player's team, although obviously that wouldn't work if they came back.) The button disappears after the winner is announced. Expected behaviour is for spectators to not be invited into the game.

EDIT: And here's another bug, shown in this replay: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/randombattle3533839

Relevant excerpts (these weren't on consecutive turns):
The foe's Ampharos used Hidden Power!
It's super effective! Jumpluff's substitute faded!
It's super effective! Marowak lost 49% of its health!
Golduck lost 24% of its health!
There is no type that hits Jumpluff and Marowak super-effectively, but Golduck neutrally. So something's wrong either with the way that Hidden Power's type is calculated, or with the messages (I'm not sure whether it did half or normal damage to Golduck). My opponent said that Ampharos was using HP Ice, by the way, which would imply the problem was with Golduck. (Btw, something that might be relevant: Ampharos may well have selected a different move, it was forced to use Hidden Power by Encore.)

FURTHER EDIT: No, Illusion wasn't involved. (The #1 explanation for all weird type effectiveness issues!)

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
@ the above edit:

the second post of this thread which you are asked to read said:
KNOWN BUGS

- Magic Room appears not to work
- Special immunities like Flash Fire will activate through Protect
- Encore will change Hidden Power's type to Dark
- Cloud Nine and Air Lock do not affect: Dry Skin, Ice Body, Rain Dish, Solar Power, Weather Ball.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RoA Leader
You know how when you use Trick Room and the battle arena changes to this magical cube? Well someone use Gravity on me and even after four turns the magic cube arena is still there. It doesn't affect the condition though.
Thank you, this bug is already known about.

Conkeldurr can't have forseight, mach punch, drain punch, or ice punch. I even bred one yesterday to make sure it could learn them, but for whatever reason, it won't let me give it those moves.
What ability are you trying to pair these moves with?

When spectating a battle, if one of the players forfeits (at least, if the player whose "side of the arena" you're watching from forfeits), a "Join Battle" button appears for the spectator (where it'd appear if you disconnected then reconnected again). It doesn't do anything, though. (We were a little disappointed that it didn't let me continue the battle with the disconnected player's team, although obviously that wouldn't work if they came back.) The button disappears after the winner is announced. Expected behaviour is for spectators to not be invited into the game.
Yeah, there are a bunch of kinks in this system that are trying to be worked out.

EDIT: And here's another bug, shown in this replay: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/randombattle3533839

Relevant excerpts (these weren't on consecutive turns):
It's super effective! Jumpluff's substitute faded!
It's super effective! Marowak lost 49% of its health!
Golduck lost 24% of its health!
There is no type that hits Jumpluff and Marowak super-effectively, but Golduck neutrally. So something's wrong either with the way that Hidden Power's type is calculated, or with the messages (I'm not sure whether it did half or normal damage to Golduck). My opponent said that Ampharos was using HP Ice, by the way, which would imply the problem was with Golduck. (Btw, something that might be relevant: Ampharos may well have selected a different move, it was forced to use Hidden Power by Encore.)

FURTHER EDIT: No, Illusion wasn't involved. (The #1 explanation for all weird type effectiveness issues!)
You are correct, Hidden Power being Encored did effect the situation. The bug here is that when Hidden Power is Encored, it is switched to Hidden Power Dark. So, Hidden Power Ice worked the way it was supposed to on Marowak and Jumpluff, but that's why it hit Golduck neutrally. It's a bug that's already known about, but a very annoying one. Sorry.

Is there a glitch associated with Bounce? If I attack after bounce comes down, I've seen 100% accuracy moves miss (like thunderbolt) despite the lack of evasion-increasing abilities on more than one occasion.

I've checked veekun and the SmogonDex about the mechanics of Illusion and I feel like I've run across a bug. When selecting my team for Team Preview, I put Flygon in Slot 1 and Zoroark in Slot 6. I have my Flygon U-Turn out into Zoroark, which then turns out NOT to be disguised as Flygon. Since Flygon in Slot 1 is switching with Zoroark in Slot 6, shouldn't Zoroark disguise itself as Flygon that now resides in Slot 6?

Here's the replay for it:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou3547553
Turns 1 and 2 shows where it happens.

syrim

1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1
Lock on and Mind reader do not lose their effects like they are supposed to if the opponents pokemon, or the target, switch out.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RoA Leader
if you switch in and imposter a pokemon with intimidate, intimidate won't activate.
That works properly. Intimidate only works on the switch-in. Since you switch in with an Imposter Pokemon, Imposter activates and THEN you gain the Intimidate ability, it doesn't activate.

I've checked veekun and the SmogonDex about the mechanics of Illusion and I feel like I've run across a bug. When selecting my team for Team Preview, I put Flygon in Slot 1 and Zoroark in Slot 6. I have my Flygon U-Turn out into Zoroark, which then turns out NOT to be disguised as Flygon. Since Flygon in Slot 1 is switching with Zoroark in Slot 6, shouldn't Zoroark disguise itself as Flygon that now resides in Slot 6?

Here's the replay for it:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou3547553
Turns 1 and 2 shows where it happens.
Nah its not a bug. It happens in game too which if you switch out a pokemon from slot 1 to the zoroark in slot 6, illusion won't activate.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
That works properly. Intimidate only works on the switch-in. Since you switch in with an Imposter Pokemon, Imposter activates and THEN you gain the Intimidate ability, it doesn't activate.
No, it's bugged. Every Ability that activates "on switch-in" activates whenever a Pokemon receives the Ability by any means, just like Trace or Skill Swap or similar.

When I choose a move for my pokemon, and I click on cancel and another move because it was a bad idea, the pokemon uses firstly the 1st move chosen, and the 2nd move the turn after.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Charizard should get Acrobatics.

It's an event move.

I hope this could get fixed rather quickly. This has been around for at least a month now. TROP isn't exactly a proactive user when it comes to this, so not sure if you guys got this message before. But I've been waiting on this update for at least a month.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
k, I've updated learnsets, Charizard's Acrobatics shows up on the teambuilder now.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
If Imposter Ditto uses Baton Pass, the Ditto sprite appears in addition to whichever Pokemon is selected as the recipient. Presumably this also applies to other transformed Pokemon.

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
It's not, just happened to me:

Sometimes the names and avatars of the battlers change to only one of them. When the battle ends, the winner gets double the number of points and the loser loses double the number of points. I'll provide screenshot evidence/replay evidence later.

All the disconnect reconnect stuff doesn't occur in your own battles.

got this Proud Black used Focus Blast!
The attack of Proud Black missed!
The foe's Empimpion used Ice Beam!
It's super effective! Proud Black lost 89% of its health!
The foe's Empimpion lost some of its HP!
Proud Black fainted!
jacob_ninja: k
jacob_ninja sent out Woman (Meloetta)!
Turn 5
St thomas called Empimpion back!
St thomas sent out Azelf!
Woman used Focus Blast!
It's not very effective... The foe's Azelf lost 20% of its health!
The foe's Azelf fainted!
Error parsing: callback|decision
TypeError: Cannot set property 'slot' of null
at Battle.getPokemon (http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/battle.js?v0.7.17.9:3751:31)
St thomas sent out Zapnigga (Zapdos)!
The foe's Zapnigga is exerting its pressure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)