1. Our third apparel sale is live. New design + reprint of the athletic design. Support us and get a shirt!
  2. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  4. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. MichaelXD2

MichaelXD2 Banned deucer.

Burn used to be 1/16 in gen 1 too. Then it was changed to 1/8 from gen 2 moving forward for the remainder until gen 7. So from gen 2 to gen 6, it's basically been all the same.
  2. TigerballGold

TigerballGold

3. SonOfMyths73

SonOfMyths73

I just had my Golisopod's Emergency Exit work from Toxic damage before the Sitrus Berry (berry was still used) and force a switch anyway even though the Sitrus Berry put it above half health.
  4. DaveIsSuperAwesome

DaveIsSuperAwesome

My Pyukumuku was only able to do struggle even though it was the first turn. It knew moves as well. Here is screenshot

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 8.06.56 PM.png
    soviet, Colonel M, Hammy and 5 others like this.
  5. M'joe'ra

M'joe'ra

Assault vest prevents you from using status moves, thus struggle
    4ss and Quantum Tesseract like this.
  6. MichaelXD2

Lol, it won't let you battle if you didn't put moves on all of your Pokemon. Assault Vest was a new gen 6 item that came after the Eviolite in gen 5, which boosted both Def and SpD, but Assault Vest only increases your SpD and was first commonly seen on Goodra, where they can only use attacking moves. No status included.
  7. Trickster

Trickster
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Come on man, at least try to do one second of research before jumping to "I'm guessing hack, no other explanation" and then posting in the bugs thread. I almost thought it was a joke post.
  8. Googly

Googly Arcadia
    is a Tiering Contributor

Used Trick with my itemless Slowbro on Life Orb Breloom and it failed:
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-515675267
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Trick currently fails if the user isn't holding an item. I noticed this has been brought up before so I wasn't sure if this is a bug, but I did a little research and apparently it is.

https://veekun.com/dex/moves/trick <- "Works even if one of the Pokémon isn't holding anything."

http://pokemondb.net/move/trick <- "It does not require both Pokémon to be holding an item, in which case the item is simply given to the target or received from it."

http://pokemondb.net/pokebase/75679/can-you-trick-someone-with-trick <- They cite Smogon as their source, but that was back in Gen 4. Afaik Trick's mechanics haven't changed since then though.
  9. Hira

Hira

Ok I don't wanna sound mean, but this thread is about reporting bugs, every posts should be about reporting one, explaining to someone what happened exactly or an admin telling us it's fixed no one cares about those stuff bub
  10. Quantum Tesseract

Quantum Tesseract Shell Smash Aegislash
    is a Pre-Contributor

To my knowledge, as of gen 7 you need to have an item to use trick. This was not the case in gen 6, so if those sources haven't updated since then that's probably why.

Orday Edit: This is actually a bug, according to Marty. Trick mechanics did not change in gen7.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2017
  11. MichaelXD2

12. willempju

willempju

According to the Battle Mechanics thread, Judgment does not change type when holding a Z-crystal, so it remains a Normal move. Hence you probably did not have any Flying moves to use your Z chrystal with.
  13. Googly

Googly Arcadia
    is a Tiering Contributor

Even if that's true, this bug still occurs in Gen 6 and possibly previous gens too. Here's an example from only a couple of pages back:
    I have no idea whether the mechanics were changed in Gen 7 and I'm not able to test it, but either way this is still a bug in Gen 6 (assuming my sources are correct).
  14. UltiMario

UltiMario Out of Obscurity
    is a Pokemon Researcher

This is just straight incorrect. Trick only fails if neither Pokemon are holding an item, or if one of the items is locked (such as vs Giratina-O). Trick was not changed in Gen 7. What people are describing is a bug.
  15. Igriax

Igriax

this wasnt pokebank
  16. Tangela

Tangela

Hi, I don't know if they are bugs or just errors of data, but I'm reporting them here anyway:

in VGC 2017:

1. Oricorio's Dancer abilitie + Petal Dance: In Showdown Oricorio keeps locked in Petal Dance after the first use, while in 3DS it doesn't.

2. Another error is also related to Dancer: if the Dancer user is sleeping (e.g. Trace Porygon 2 or other Oricorio), the Dancer abilitie keeps working even through the sleep in Showdown, while it don't work that way in 3DS.

English is not my first language, so I apologize in advance for any mistake.
    Thanks!
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  17. werepoke

werepoke

According to the first post in this thread , reflect type should fail if used against a typeless previously fire type pokemon.
    but as shown in this replay reflect type doesn't fail when used against the arcanine that became typeless due to burn up.
  18. PsychoCut42

PsychoCut42

I have a bug to report.

When using a Pokemon with a trapping ability (Dugtrio, Magnezone, Alolan Golem, etc...) The "You Might be trapped, so you won't be able to cancel a switch" warning only pops up when the opponent has the ability. I tested with two accounts simultaneously and found that when I used a Magnezone with Analytic, the "You might be trapped..." message does not come up. Idk why the 'warning' is there, it may as well just say 'you're trapped' from the get-go.
    Efferalgan likes this.
  19. Inserisci_Nome

Inserisci_Nome

Ok so, I have found a presumed bug: I was in a VGC battle and my core was lilligant+oricorio.
    I have used petal dance with lilligant and the ability "dancer" of my oricorio activated in the same turn.
    The strange thing is that the next turn I was locked in petal dance. I have checked on bulbapedia to make sure it was not a bug, but a game's mechanich, but there is written that
    "If a Pokémon copies Petal Dance via Dancer, it will not be locked into the move".

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-517825289

Unfortunately I've lost the original battle replay, but I've tested it again just to be sure, and the result was the same.
    Is this a bug or am I missing something? Thanks for the help.
  20. GnralLao

GnralLao

I don't know if any similar cases have been reported recently, but for some reason, Fire Blast is listed as a legal move on Eelektross, which shouldn't be the case (in Monotype, not BH or something like that).

Proof (open)

upload_2017-1-15_21-9-54.png

Edit: PS!, however, did tell me that Fire Blast was incompatible with Eelektross when I tried to validate my team.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  21. Tangela

Tangela

There is no message of trap in the game series, you only realize it when you try to switch.
  22. Godric Huang

Godric Huang

23. Godric Huang

Godric Huang

24. Merritt

Merritt

SubMindRaikou and Godric Huang like this.
  25. Glitch_Wants_To_Battle

Glitch_Wants_To_Battle

Hello, I was going to watch a battle and I noticed all the gen 6 battle formats are duplicated as seen here. http://prntscr.com/dwbz11 It was originally pointed out about a mod who goes by Eternally in the NU room. I figured I should mention this because I'm not quite sure if someone has already.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. friedonions