Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying out a Z-Weather Ball team today (because memes), but when I used Z-Weather Ball in Hail, it was just a regular Breakneck Blitz - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7rualpha-539833960

I've tested it in-game, and when you select the Z-Move it shows as Breakneck Blitz, and then turns into the relevant elemental Z-Move for the particular weather. Similar to Z-Nature Power on different terrains (which does work on PS).

EDIT: Showdown actually shows the Z-Weather Ball as Ice (in this case) when you select it, but it doesn't apply the type.

Last edited:

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Golisopod's Emergency Exit bug:

When Golisopod's health goes below 50%, then back above 50% thanks to a Sitrus Berry, its ability won't force it to switch out on cartridge, while on PS it will

3DS Replay showing this: GCUG-WWWW-WWW5-PG3K (turn 6)
PS Replay with the bug: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-541673571 (turn 17)

I'm pretty sure it behaves the same way with Leech Life and the Leftovers, but these situations could be more hard to re-create to have a replay.

Operating system : Windows 10
Web Browser : Chrome / Edge
Problem : When I try to play showdown, I have an error message saying that PS is under heavy load and cannot accomodate my connection.
Same problem on my phone. I don't get why because when I disconnect from the Wi-Fi, everything works just fine and I can play.

Please help me :/

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-542597666

In this battle, RevivalMaya has an Arceus-Normal disguised as an Arceus-Steel. This is something that happens and is perfectly acceptable in Balanced Hackmons and Custom Game, but not in Anything Goes. Below are the pieces of evidence. Turns 44, 97 and 98 show the Judgment of hyw's Arceus-Steel dealing neutral damage to RevivalMaya's Arceus-Steel-disguised Arceus-Normal, RevivalMaya's Arceus-Steel-diguised Arceus-Normal recovering health with Leftovers, and the Dragon Tail of hyw's Giratina dealing neutral damage to RevivalMaya's Arceus-Steel-disguised Arceus-Normal, respectively.

Turn 44
the duce: why didn't you forfeit against me
the duce: hyw
the duce: I woulda 6-0 him
☆hyw: cuz imma 6 0 him too
☆hyw: ;)

Arceus used Recover!
Arceus restored its HP.

The opposing Magunasu used Judgment!
Arceus lost 32.7% of its health!

Arceus was hurt by its burn!

Turn 97
☆hyw: and cc for chansey and stuff ye

hyw withdrew Dr.Clef (Clefable)!

hyw sent out Yaya (Giratina)!
[Opposing Yaya's Pressure!]
The opposing Yaya is exerting its pressure!

Arceus used Iron Head!
The opposing Yaya lost 9.7% of its health!

Arceus restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The opposing Yaya restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Turn 98
fardinag: i mean people run Close combot scarf xerns these days
fardinag: it doesnt sound too bad
NightLantern: END THIS DAM GAME
☆hyw: not in ubers
NightLantern: its taking so long man
@HunterStorm: naah it isn't bad since rai is gone
☆hyw: ubers the standard scarf is mblast thunder toxic aroma
fardinag: yh
@HunterStorm: Even when rai was here
NightLantern: somebody pls kill something
@HunterStorm: CC was fine
@1337 Legend ワタル: Wait,
@1337 Legend ワタル: why is Arceus-Steel
@1337 Legend ワタル: recovering from Leftovers?
☆hyw: and if u were to switch out a move it would be for stalk or gravity
NightLantern: xD
NightLantern: good point
@HunterStorm: wait what's going on lol

Arceus used Toxic!
The opposing Yaya was badly poisoned!

The opposing Yaya used Dragon Tail!
Arceus lost 13.1% of its health!

Lugia was dragged out!
Pointed stones dug into Lugia!
[Lugia's Pressure!]
Lugia is exerting its pressure!

Lugia restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The opposing Yaya was hurt by poison!

Last edited:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-542597666

In this battle, RevivalMaya has an Arceus-Normal disguised as an Arceus-Steel. This is something that happens and is perfectly acceptable in Balanced Hackmons and Custom Game, but not in Anything Goes. Below are the pieces of evidence. Turns 44, 97 and 98 show the Judgment of hyw's Arceus-Steel dealing neutral damage to RevivalMaya's Arceus-Steel-disguised Arceus-Normal, RevivalMaya's Arceus-Steel-diguised Arceus-Normal recovering health with Leftovers, and the Dragon Tail of hyw's Giratina dealing neutral damage to RevivalMaya's Arceus-Steel-disguised Arceus-Normal, respectively.

Turn 44
the duce: why didn't you forfeit against me
the duce: hyw
the duce: I woulda 6-0 him
☆hyw: cuz imma 6 0 him too
☆hyw: ;)

Arceus used Recover!
Arceus restored its HP.

The opposing Magunasu used Judgment!
Arceus lost 32.7% of its health!

Arceus was hurt by its burn!

Turn 97
☆hyw: and cc for chansey and stuff ye

hyw withdrew Dr.Clef (Clefable)!

hyw sent out Yaya (Giratina)!
[Opposing Yaya's Pressure!]
The opposing Yaya is exerting its pressure!

Arceus used Iron Head!
The opposing Yaya lost 9.7% of its health!

Arceus restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Turn 98
fardinag: i mean people run Close combot scarf xerns these days
fardinag: it doesnt sound too bad
NightLantern: END THIS DAM GAME
☆hyw: not in ubers
NightLantern: its taking so long man
@HunterStorm: naah it isn't bad since rai is gone
☆hyw: ubers the standard scarf is mblast thunder toxic aroma
fardinag: yh
@HunterStorm: Even when rai was here
NightLantern: somebody pls kill something
@HunterStorm: CC was fine
@1337 Legend ワタル: Wait,
@1337 Legend ワタル: why is Arceus-Steel
@1337 Legend ワタル: recovering from Leftovers?
☆hyw: and if u were to switch out a move it would be for stalk or gravity
NightLantern: xD
NightLantern: good point
@HunterStorm: wait what's going on lol

Arceus used Toxic!
The opposing Yaya was badly poisoned!

The opposing Yaya used Dragon Tail!
Arceus lost 13.1% of its health!

Lugia was dragged out!
Pointed stones dug into Lugia!
[Lugia's Pressure!]
Lugia is exerting its pressure!

Lugia restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The opposing Yaya was hurt by poison!
This isn't a bug, it's what happens when a certain moderator accidentally makes a tour with the "Pokemon" ruleset removed, which normally checks for that sort of thing.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-542693526
The opponent lead with an Illusion Kangaskan which was disguised as a Wailord. He mega-evolved the Kangaskan and killed my Registeel. Then, I defeated it with Kyogre. He then switched to the "real" Wailord, which I defeated too - but after defeating the Wailord, the team overwiev at the right side below his avatar showed two Wailords defeated and the Kangaskan (which was in fact the first Wailord) still alive . This also caused his sixth pokemon, a Rayquaza, to completely disappear from the overview so that I couldn'T see what his last mon is until he switched it in.
After his last pokemon was deated and I won, the Kangaskan was still shown as alive.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7arceusmetronomebattle-74167
And yet another bug. In Turn 3, the opposing Arceus-Fire used Burn up, which usually causes the pokemon to lose the fire typing afterwards. As fire is an Arceus-Fire's only type, it would become typeless (or ??? type) afterwards. However here the Arceus didn't become typeless/??? type, it "gained" the fire type (which it already had before the Burn up, since it is an Arceus-Fire with a fire plate). That the Arceus-Fire wasn't typeless after the burn-up (and that the "fire" tag appearing after the burn up wasn't simply a display error) can be seen in the next turns, when it was hit super-effectively by an earthquake and resisted a moonblast.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7arceusmetronomebattle-74167
And yet another bug. In Turn 3, the opposing Arceus-Fire used Burn up, which usually causes the pokemon to lose the fire typing afterwards. As fire is an Arceus-Fire's only type, it would become typeless (or ??? type) afterwards. However here the Arceus didn't become typeless/??? type, it "gained" the fire type (which it already had before the Burn up, since it is an Arceus-Fire with a fire plate). That the Arceus-Fire wasn't typeless after the burn-up (and that the "fire" tag appearing after the burn up wasn't simply a display error) can be seen in the next turns, when it was hit super-effectively by an earthquake and resisted a moonblast.
Arceus and Silvally do not change type when using burn up.

I sometimes visit Pokemon Showdown on my Android 6.0 phone while on the go when I can't use my computer.
I don't use the app, I prefer to use the Google Chrome mobile browser.

And the teambuilder can be a VERY royal pain to use, sometimes to the point of frustration.
It will occasionally change the EVs (and natures) I set on my Pokemon while I'm either editing the movesets (or even while I'm editing the EV values) to other spreads that I do not want. [Often to incomplete EV spreads like 252 HP / 8 Def with a wrong nature sometimes]

I didn't press the recommended spread button by the way.

It sometimes happens mere seconds after I finish making a small change to a move or shifting the EVs a bit.
And if I don't tap that back button quickly, it'll change again.

Note: I have different teams on both devices.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2ou-543087622

Present is improperly implemented in gen 2 ou, the way it works is based on the type of the attacker and the type of the defender. ChickasaurusGL made a video on it relatively recently:

(yes i know this is super niche since the only things it really hits with it are umbreon and the electrics... but i spose its being true to cart. also crystal patched this ingame but maintains the glitch for link battles to prevent desyncs)

Hi,

I was challenged by a friend to do a gen 3 uber battle and I believe I found some bugs/mistakes involving Pikachu:

- both volt tackle and thunderpunch is marked as a special attack and is calculated with your special attack, i've looked it up and they are never supposed to be special attacks.
- light ball is supposed to double pikachu's attack and special attack but it only boosts pikachu's special attack for some reason.

both bugs only occure in gen 3 as far as I know (I have checked it in gen 7 and it worked fine there).

I hope I helped,

Thejauke

Hi,

I was challenged by a friend to do a gen 3 uber battle and I believe I found some bugs/mistakes involving Pikachu:

- both volt tackle and thunderpunch is marked as a special attack and is calculated with your special attack, i've looked it up and they are never supposed to be special attacks.
- light ball is supposed to double pikachu's attack and special attack but it only boosts pikachu's special attack for some reason.

both bugs only occure in gen 3 as far as I know (I have checked it in gen 7 and it worked fine there).

I hope I helped,

Thejauke
In gen 3 electric type damaging moves are all special and light ball only boosts SpA

I am unable to give my pokemon hidden power fire with the IV spread 31-0-31-31-31-31 despite it being possible in the game through hyper training. When I change my hidden power it automatically changes my IVs, and when I change my IVs it automatically changes my hidden power.

Hi,

I hope I helped,

Thejauke
Is this a joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)