Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The /help command for "scavengers" doesn't do anything, but an error message does not show up either.

Exploiting the fact that typing /ignore in someone's PMs will ignore that user, it is possible to ignore yourself (once again). This will be fixed along with the /ignore command, but attempting to PM yourself any command that produces something in chat (except for /ignore and /unignore AFAIK) will ignore the output of said command.

When attempting to broadcast a command in PMs that cannot be used in PMs, the error message tells you to use two !'s to send it normally. This is not the case, as sending it with two !'s actually puts two !'s, unlike sending it with two /'s.

Normally when using a "PS system command" it does not go through and does not appear in console. However, if you use these in PMs (using /pm or directly) it will go through and appear in console.

Using !ignore (and consequently !unignore) will display the error message: You're using a custom client that doesn't support the ignore command.
This also happens when using more than one line for /ignore (there doesn't have to be anything on the second line, just that there is more than one line used and nothing in front of the /ignore on the first line).

Last edited:
Reactions: dom

Glitchwood High

formerly Err0r Mobutt
Freeze bug?

In Full Potential, I was facing down a Regice with an Araquanid and it attacked first with Iron Head. I shrug...and then Araquanid is frozen? I checked both our abilities for each Pokemon, yet they all seemed to not cause the sudden freeze. A link toi the battle is http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7fullpotential-546122690 . After seeing the replay, it doesn't add up with the actual battle-I received no freeze icon or notification until the iron head, and neither did my opponent.

Freeze bug?

In Full Potential, I was facing down a Regice with an Araquanid and it attacked first with Iron Head. I shrug...and then Araquanid is frozen? I checked both our abilities for each Pokemon, yet they all seemed to not cause the sudden freeze. A link toi the battle is http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7fullpotential-546122690 . After seeing the replay, it doesn't add up with the actual battle-I received no freeze icon or notification until the iron head, and neither did my opponent.
You were frozen before, on the blizzard. Look at the replay more closely; you even had a frozen solid pop up the turn before the iron head.

Hi , i suspect a wrong damage calculation output from a ferrothorn gyro ball against buzzwole . according to damage calc gyro ball should do less than 25% without allow buzzwole to stay with an unbroken substitute
(0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (80 BP) vs. 204 HP / 0 Def Buzzwole: 61-73 (15 - 17.9%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery )
and i although did the calculus using the formula (it shouldnt do more than 75 HP which doesnt break a 101 HP substitute) yet in match it always break it and they are always common defensive ferrothorn set. But strangely when i do a battle with two account of mine using buzzwole and ferrothorn common set , showdown physics is correct it doesnt break the sub but when i do an online battle ferrothorn breaks it no matter the opponent i face . So i need some clarification ,Thanks you in advance. for instance during an online battle http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-546181617 and using my account http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-546188896

Hi , i suspect a wrong damage calculation output from a ferrothorn gyro ball against buzzwole . according to damage calc gyro ball should do less than 25% without allow buzzwole to stay with an unbroken substitute
(0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (80 BP) vs. 204 HP / 0 Def Buzzwole: 61-73 (15 - 17.9%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery )
and i although did the calculus using the formula (it shouldnt do more than 75 HP which doesnt break a 101 HP substitute) yet in match it always break it and they are always common defensive ferrothorn set. But strangely when i do a battle with two account of mine using buzzwole and ferrothorn common set , showdown physics is correct it doesnt break the sub but when i do an online battle ferrothorn breaks it no matter the opponent i face . So i need some clarification ,Thanks you in advance. for instance during an online battle http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-546181617 and using my account http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-546188896
Your issue is that you calced using the wrong set, which is in the calculator. Standard ferrothorn runs 0 ivs and a speed reducing nature, which increases the BP of Gyro Ball and leads to this calc: 0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (121 BP) vs. 204 HP / 0 Def Buzzwole: 93-111 (22.9 - 27.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Your issue is that you calced using the wrong set, which is in the calculator. Standard ferrothorn runs 0 ivs and a speed reducing nature, which increases the BP of Gyro Ball and leads to this calc: 0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (121 BP) vs. 204 HP / 0 Def Buzzwole: 93-111 (22.9 - 27.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
thanks

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
upload_2017-3-12_16-47-12.png

when i chall someone to fight it's like im spectating. i can still forfeit though, just cant use commands in battle

I don't know if it is intended, but for me it looks like a bug: When having a transformed Imposter in the battle against an opposing Magnet Pull mon, it always says "you might be trapped", even when you haven't transformed into a steel type (in my case my Blissey had transformed into a Chansey (lol) and later into a Primal Groudon).

About trapping, I was playing a Hackmons Cup battle yesterday and I ended up facing a Noctowl.

For no reason whatsoever, the "you might be trapped" message pops up even though Noctowl cannot naturally have a trapping ability... and turns out, that Noctowl had a trapping ability.

Technically the message shouldn't show up until you try to switch out, or its ability is revealed, as it would in cartridge.

About Pokémon Showdown UI, having too many teams listed can break the site syntax like this:

I preferred to hide part of my teams' names for reasons.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
On Showdown: When another pokemon uses Petal Dance, while Oricorio is on the field it copies the move. On the next turn, Oricorio is locked into Petal Dance.

In game: When another pokemon uses Petal Dance, while Oricorio is on the field it copies the move. On the next turn, Oricorio is NOT locked into Petal Dance.

Replay showing that it's wrong: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-536979920
Source: Just saw it on a VGC stream
In a similar vein, it seems that two-turn (or more) moves are broken with Choice items in some circumstances. This was found in gen 7 custom game; I think the game assumes only Metronome can be picked and fails the second turn. (Turn 2 Rollout -> Turn 3 Failure) http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublescustomgame-547506031

In a similar vein, it seems that two-turn (or more) moves are broken with Choice items in some circumstances. This was found in gen 7 custom game; I think the game assumes only Metronome can be picked and fails the second turn. (Turn 2 Rollout -> Turn 3 Failure) http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublescustomgame-547506031
This is not a Showdown bug. The bug lies within the cartridge games, and, as it is intended to, Showdown trustfully implements the same behaviour as the games.

With the help of DragonWhale, we've found that the mechanic that prevents an already Choice-locked Dancer Pokemon from successfully using moves that aren't its locked move is not actually limited to Dancer.
In general, a Choice user attempting to use any move that isn't the one it locked itself into will "use" it and have it fail immediately. Interestingly, no PP is deducted even though the move is announced. This is new as of Gen 7, since previously having your Choice item ignored by Embargo, Magic Room, or similar allowed you to use other moves successfully until that effect ended.

I sometimes visit Pokemon Showdown on my Android 6.0 phone while on the go when I can't use my computer.
I don't use the app, I prefer to use the Google Chrome mobile browser.

And the teambuilder can be a VERY royal pain to use, sometimes to the point of frustration.
It will occasionally change the EVs (and natures) I set on my Pokemon while I'm either editing the movesets (or even while I'm editing the EV values) to other spreads that I do not want. [Often to incomplete EV spreads like 252 HP / 8 Def with a wrong nature sometimes]

I didn't press the recommended spread button by the way.

It sometimes happens mere seconds after I finish making a small change to a move or shifting the EVs a bit.
And if I don't tap that back button quickly, it'll change again.

Note: I have different teams on both devices.
It's been a while, and no one has mentioned anything to me as of yet...

I noticed a tiny interface bug in replays.

If you pause the replay and click on Switch Sides, the replay is unpaused... but the "Play" button does not turn into a "Pause" button, and if you click it, it does nothing and turns into the "Pause" button. Afterwards it behaves correctly.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Posting this here because I can't fix it atm, anyone else is free to fix this.

Endless battle clause activated when it shouldn't of.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-548842287 (Start turn 35)

Celeestela didnt lose hp from struggle because smeargle used protect (possibly part of the bug).

Smeargle did start with that leppa berry, which shouldn't of triggered the clause.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7hackmonscup-548092500 (turn 9)

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but my opponent used Sucker Punch the same turn I used Me First, and Sucker Punch didn't fail, even though Me First did and thus probably shouldn't have counted as an attack.
This is intended game mechanic. Interestingly, Me First is the only status (aka not physical or special) move that, when used, will allow Sucker Punch to succeed. This is probably because it can only "steal" damaging moves. Me First failed because the opponent moved (via Sucker Punch) before Me First was used, which will always cause it to fail. Also, Me First never has boosted priority.

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
There's a glitch with Clamp/Wrap's behavior in gen 1 when it reaches 0 PP. Instead of displaying the [Pokémon] can't move! message until the effect ends, it will force to use Struggle and skip Clamp/Wrap's effect.

Replay showing this → http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-549199934 (turn 58): Cloyster uses Struggle instead of going on with Clamp for a few turns. It still had PPs left for Blizzard so Struggle shouldn't be an option anyway.
Video of how it should happen, from the official Virtual Console game Pokémon Blue Version
(Ligotage is French for "Wrap"): goes on with the trapping effect until it finishes, never calls Struggle

On android the team builder continuously resets my Pokémons evs to 508 even though balanced hackmons allows for 252 in every stat

also Z weather ball always turns into breakneck blitz regardless of the weather. In game its type changes based on the weather

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)