1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. The moderators of this forum are the PS! Leaders (&) and Admins (~).
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  4. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Kaylie97

Kaylie97

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  2. Kaylie97

Kaylie97

Shiny Minior appears shiny to your opponent, but not to yourself. It remains pink to the user.
  3. Sondero

Sondero Giveaway Extraordinaire
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor

urkerab and Lionyx like this.
  4. cabforpitt

cabforpitt

5. Team Pokepals

Team Pokepals
    is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

For some reason, if you don't bring a full team and you face an opposing team that has 6 mons, one mon will be shown as a pokeball and the mon can even come out and switch out and a different mon will appear as that pokeball, meaning you only see 5 mons at a time with 1 mystery mon. In the picture below, the 1st mon that was shown as a pokeball was Lando-T and eventually it changed to Hoopa and Scizor and it's just weird. If you damage the mon and it ends up in the 5th slot (which we've now confirmed as the one you can't see) then you'll see all 6. Alternatively if you KO a mon or damage a mon that ends up going into that 5th slot, then you'll see all 6. If you try hovering it before you see all 6 mons, it'll just say "Not Revealed."

Image (open)

[​IMG]

Huge thanks to Webcamparrot for helping out with this!
    Webcamparrot likes this.
  6. Semako

Semako

Small visual bug: when having the ability Normalize and attempting to use a non-normal typed z-move, the z-move's type shows up as "normal", altough z-moves are unaffected by Normalize.
    4ss and Phat Albert like this.
  7. dragicmagic

dragicmagic

I was using my marshadow and I noticed it showed force palm's power as 90(boosted by STAB). Shouldn't it be 135, because of technician?
    It showed the power of acrobatics as 82(boosted by technician)
    https://imagebin.ca/v/3aP4kLER7aIV
  8. GnralLao

GnralLao

Force Palm's BP is 60. With Technician taken into account, it indeed becomes a 90 BP move, so nothing's wrong here.

Edit: Also, Technician boosts moves of 60 BP or lower, so a 90 BP move wouldn't even get a Technician boost. As for Acrobatics, it'd be better if you could get us a screenshot (with proof of item or lack thereof), since there were no problems with Force Palm.
  9. Semako

Semako

It should bee 135, as since the update it shows the move's power including the STAB bonus. It should show somethinglike 135(boosted by STAB and Technician).
    4ss likes this.
  10. GnralLao

GnralLao

Really? Oh, my bad then.
  11. FGFR

FGFR

I was using recover with Alakazam in gen1 OU and suddenly stopped working, I mean, it missed as if I had full hp, but the turn I used it I wasn't at full hp.
    This is the battle replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-631696047
    Also I figured out that when building a gen1 ou team I can put 252 EVs on all stats and ''have'' a nature using + and - in EVs, and it's not ''available'' the option to pick a nature.
  12. Yoshizilla315

Yoshizilla315

This is no bug, in RBY, there are certain values of HP at which Recover and other hp-healing moves will fail. This is an in-game mechanic.
  13. djanxo unchained

djanxo unchained Junichi Masuda likes this!!
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Yeah, if your HP is 255 below the maximum it doesn't work. So watch out for that. It also won't work if you're 510 below the max for Chansey. Gotta love RBY
  14. FGFR

FGFR

15. EyedMoon

EyedMoon

Yep, big issues in MnM where you can now have already Megaed Pokemon, of form changes (Ash-Greninja for example).

Movesets are broken too, so, yeah i guess there's a mixup with Hackmons
  16. Popplios

Popplios

Shiny Solgaleo/Lunala is legal, but not shiny Tapus, is this a bug?
  17. Semako

Semako

Just encountered a bug with Doom Desire in turn 82: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmonssuspecttest-632079557
    I used Entrainment with my Normalize Giratina against the opposing Dialga to give it Normalize, making it unable to hit me - but Doom Desire could hit and OHKO my Giratina. According to Bulbapedia, this should not happen:
    [QUOTE = Bulbapedia]If the user has Normalize or was affected by Electrify when Doom Desire hits, it hits as a Normal- or Electric-type move respectively[/QUOTE]
    Source: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Doom_Desire_(move)

What can happen and works as intended is that Doom Desire does damage against a ghost type if the user gets hit by Entrainment, acquiring Normalize, but switches out before Doom Desire hits to reset its ability. However, in this case, Dialga was unable to switch out due to Anchor Shot, so that Giratina should be immune to it.

PS: Thanks to my opponent for playing fair and forfeiting after I lost Giratina to the "normal-typed" Doom Desire - without Tina, I might have lost, otherwise it was a clear win for me, as both Tina and Aegislash had Goggles, preventing Gengar from using Spore to get free setup turns.
  18. tomatocarrot

tomatocarrot

I think this is a bug. (I'm Peanosphere here.) My opponent used entrainement to give my landorus truant, and then I u-turned out. But somehow I was just stuck for a turn so he got a free move. There's also an eject button involved here so it's not clear to me exactly what the bug is, but I'm pretty confident something is wrong.

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7oususpecttest-632141339
  19. Yoshizilla315

Yoshizilla315

We're not going to be able to tell since you provided a replay, but what I assume happened is Eject Button canceled the U-Turn which is what normally happens.
    4ss likes this.
  20. PQD

PQD

I already asked for this bug but I had no answers:

When we put a lowered happiness (e.g. Lopunny with Frustration), the Pokemon below the Pokemon in fact will have the same happiness than the Pokemon we lowered happiness.

For instance, I have my team order: "Drilbur-Frillish-Doduo-Rowlet-Vullaby-Rufflet", I want to put Frustration over Return on Doduo (ok there is no ditto in lc but this is an example), I put 0 Happiness points, then quit the teambuilder. When I come again to work on my team, Rowlet, Vullaby and Rufflet will have 0 Happiness points. This is a really minor bug but I always think my Pokémons hate me ;_;
  21. PQD

PQD

This is normal, Eject Button cancels switchs from U-Turn and Volt Switch.
    4ss likes this.
  22. ElMustacho

ElMustacho

Changing types using Conversion 2 doesn't update the moves tooltip regarding having STAB or not. Not sure if it only depends on Conversion 2 or changing types in general.
    (In one of the screenshot and in the replay you can ignore the part were we discuss the damage calculations, I'm aware now that the damage is correct).
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-632437812

Attached Files:

• BUG2.png
      BUG2.png
      File size:
      427.4 KB
      Views:
    • BUG.png
      BUG.png
      File size:
      563.4 KB
      Views:
  23. Yoshizilla315

Yoshizilla315

No need to worry, the tooltip is being removed.
  24. urkerab

urkerab
    is a Battle Server Moderator

This appears to be a bug in the team unpack function (which takes a saved team and edits it), so for now you have to check every time you edit a team I'm afraid.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)