1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. The moderators of this forum are the PS! Leaders (&) and Admins (~).
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  4. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Quantum Tesseract

Quantum Tesseract Imasugu
    is a Pre-Contributor

Its not actually true, though. Choice scarf chansey is both viable and common, so thats peobably what it was.

E: Psuedo Ninjad
  2. Sondero

Sondero Giveaway Extraordinaire
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor

Well in this case, it wasn't choice scarf at least, because their Chansey that was transforming as Giratina could switch between moves without being under the effect of Magic Room or such.

What move did you try to use as Chansey on turn 34? Did you make sure it wasn't a move with Negative priority?
    Quantum Tesseract and Merritt like this.
  3. Merritt

Merritt

It switched moves between turn 34 and 35, it cannot be scarf.

Also, for the Boomburst, I assume you meant on turn 30 right?

First, that's the wrong Chansey. Also, Semako's definitely was Eviolite.

0 SpA Life Orb Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0- SpD Base 110 SpDef Eviolite Chansey: 242-286 (34.3 - 40.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
    252 SpA Life Orb Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 255-302 (36.2 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Both are within the range of the calc. Not sure how you ended up with a 23-28% calc though, did you make sure to alter the SpDef stat since that'd be copied straight from Diancie?
  4. avocado

avocado rising high without faking
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I calced diancie vs diancie and changed the hp stat to 250. I didn't account for life orb though, oops.
  5. Quantum Tesseract

is a Pre-Contributor

First off, what move did you use? If it was whirlwind, then the -6 priority would answer that, although based on the HP I would also have assumed recovery.
    The next question is, are you sure those were the sets. I tested, and was unable to recreate the anomoly with the same conditions. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-641402171. Are you sure the spreads are exactly that? The three most obvious failure modes seem to be chansey nature, which showdown will sometimes automatically set to -spa, giratinas nature, if you have only a -spe and no + stat, or giratina’s IVs not being lowered, as that requires an extra step. Unless the bug doesn’t always work for some reason, the only other solution I can think of is that this is a repeat of your aaa Kommo-o incident where the claimed set wasnt actually what was used.
  6. Semako

Semako

I used Softboiled with Chansey, so no negative priority.
    Giratina has a Sassy nature, which is showk correctly in the teambuilder (+ SpD, -Spe), and minimum speed, Chansey has neutral-natured 252 speed (Bold nature).
  7. John4445

John4445

Hi, I'd like to report an Arceus bug, example: Ghost Arceus was immune to ghost attacks, please help fix this bug, thanks.
  8. Kris

Kris
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

What was the metagame? If it was BH, any Arceus forme can hold any item and have any ability and still appear as that forme but be Normal-type. For example

Arceus-Ghost @ Insect Plate
    Ability: Multitype
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Brave Nature
    - Fell Stinger

That set would give the user an Arceus-Bug that appeared as an Arceus-Ghost.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    Quantum Tesseract and Sondero like this.
  9. drampa's grandpa

drampa's grandpa formerly The Ruins of Alpha

That Arceus would be Normal typed because it does not have the ability Multitype, but would appear as an Arceus-Ghost. If it had Multitype then what Kris said would be correct.
    Quantum Tesseract and Kris like this.
  10. Carl Murray

Carl Murray

I don't know if it's fixed or if it needs a server restart but the bug is still a thing https://imgur.com/a/bUZ24
  11. FriendOfMrGolem120

FriendOfMrGolem120

12. HoeenHero

HoeenHero The misspelled Hero!
    is a Battle Server Moderator

Were waiting on a server restart
    Carl Murray likes this.
  13. Magikarp-Mega

Magikarp-Mega

When I faced it, it was displayed with The opposing Porygon2 surrounds itself with psychic terrain!.
  14. Raszamatasz

Raszamatasz

Using firefox as a browser on OSX, only the first Pokémon used in battle that has a Z move is capable of using it. All others aren't given the option, even when the hover-over quick info lists out their Z move item. I don't know if this is a firefox issue, or an OSX issue though.
  15. Lionyx

Lionyx Slå dig fri
    is a Pre-Contributor

This is no bug, Porygon2 has Trace which allows it to copy one of it's opponents' ability. Telling what exactly happened would of course be easier if you provided a replay.
  16. Shock and Awe

Shock and Awe

I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but for a while, I've been having a UI (User Interface) issue where any PMs I get won't show up in chat rooms. I have enabled "Show PMs in chat rooms" option in the settings, both disabled and enabled it to try to reset it, but to no avail. Any tips/advice? Thank you!

PM Bug .jpg
  17. Cosinity

Cosinity

Hey, I'm pretty sure I found a bug in Mix and Mega just now. I'm running Genesect with Glalitite, and upon using Techno Blast it was resisted both by a normal Skarmory and a Steel/Dragon Jirachi. I've used this set and move before with no issues regarding typing. Replay below (bug can be seen in the last three turns of the battle):

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-642791221

Edited to add: It displayed the move correctly as ice-type in the move bar, so it seems something went wrong in the damage calculation.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  18. Sificon

Sificon

I had a bug today when I joined a tournamet in the tournament chatroom and my opponent challenged me. When I clicked the "ready" button nothing happened. There was still the "ready" button and not even the text "wait for your opponent to accept the challenge". I refreshed the page and tried again and after I spammed the button somewhat it said "Due to high load, you are limited to 12 battles and team validations every 3 minutes". My team was valid. And I got disqualified in the end because I failed to challenge my opponent.
    Edit: Everything worked fine again on the next tournament
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  19. ScorrchingTheaph

ScorrchingTheaph

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-642930979

Someone mentioned this bug in the help room. Endless battle clause activated when it should not have. Togekiss used a Leppa Berry that it started with, which somehow activated the endless battle clause, giving the message: "Togekiss is in an endless loop: it used a Leppa Berry it didn't start with." This statement is false because Togekiss had the Leppa Berry to begin with, which was added in teambuilder. Endless battle should have only activated if Togekiss was recycling Leppa Berries.
  20. SJMistery

SJMistery

Not exactly a bug, but if you could allow a full team re-arrange without restrictions (AKA having to have Zoroark) in singles 6vs6 tiers like it is possible on 3vs3, VCG and Doubles tiers it would be really appreciated. I hate it when I have my lineup designed for Chomp's Dragon Tail, but it happens that the opponent had a different Dragon Tail user my second pokemon is weak to. It IS situational, but please. You already have it coded, just remove the restriction that has no reason to be there.

Also,disable the minisprites when Zoroark is involved, or have the copied pokemon's minisprite to come in instead of Zoroark's.

Having Zoroark's minisprite around come in when you send Zoroark and have it visibly change mid-battle completely blows your cover 100% of the time no matter how well you try to hide Zoroark by carefully switching into pokemon with the same HP%, that take the same amount of residual damage, etc.

BTW: I want to thank to whoever fixed Imposter so now it properly shows the copied pokemon Ability. It is really nice to no longer loose to something janky like a nearly dead Lanturn I just double switched, I expect Volt Absorb, go to finish it off with Scald and end up healing him while he gets a free Volt Switch.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  21. Quantum Tesseract

is a Pre-Contributor

Techno blast is unnafected by -ate. Until recently, this wasnt handled correctly, and the client isnt up to date with it. This is not a bug.
    Cosinity likes this.
  22. Marty

Marty Always more to find
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcher

Reading this post, it's clear you have no idea how Illusion works, or how Dragon Tail works.

Dragon Tail and all forced switching effects have no predetermined order in which to bring opposing Pokemon in; it's random. The order you put your team in makes absolutely no difference.

The minisprites don't update after Team Preview or when you switch things in or out, so the idea that Zoroark is "revealed" at any point just because the minisprites are on display is ridiculous. The Pokemon that is actually in your final team slot is only known to you.
  23. Cosinity

Cosinity

Ah, thanks for letting me know. In that case there's still a small bug, in that it is still being displayed as an ice-type move on the selection button.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  24. Semako

Semako

Also, note that one, later two pokemon of the full team where shown as “unrevealed“ (pokeballs), altough it was not a random battle.
  25. SJMistery

SJMistery

Last time I checked, Dragon Tail sent the pokemon in a fixed order. And in the simulator it always sent them in the same order like that every time I fought a Garchomp with Dragon Tail. One would think after 100+ battles seeing Empoleon come in right away and Clefable afterwards it would be enough proof, but seems I was wrong after doing a second test. I find it particularly weird as the spanish translation on BW specified that it sent pokemon in order, I suppose it got changed. My bad I guess. I will do a retest on the cartrige once my 3DS gets fixed for a definitive confirmation.

Second, on Zoroark, I meant to ask for an old glitch that by the time you mentioned got patched long before, but didn't get fixed completely.

Before the patch, the sprites shuffled around and put the sent pokemon first, and Zoroark's minisprite changed to match the imposted pokemon, making trivial to track Zoroark as the sprite change was pretty visible, and even if it was the first time Zoroark came, all you had to do was look if the last pokemon had been revealed, as you would see TWO IDENTICAL SPRITES, immediately blowing away Zoroark's cover.

Sadly it didn't get fully away came with consequences: look at what happens on turn 2:
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-643320534

The sprites still get screwed. Fortunately, they no longer move and properly hide the status and HP%, and it even makes the (active) detal show up on the imposted pokemon instead of Zoroark. This visual glitch is just that, it no longer helps nor screws the Zoroark user. But still it would be nice to get it away for good. It's like the Transform not spoiling the ability error. A tiny thing, not in anybody's priority list, but that should be dealt with if possible.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)