Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-675804293

As showcased in this video

the recoil Blace is taking with parental bond is wrong.
This was actually implemented properly for a month until it suddenly disappeared in a refactor; fixed next update.
I was watching a Showdown! match wherein a Salazzle with Corrosion was holding a Toxic Orb, and the user was baffled that his Salazzle didn't get TOX'd after Turn 1. I did some science in Ultra Moon and sure enough, a Pokemon with Corrosion will TOX itself with the Toxic Orb even if its typing would normally prevent it. Why you'd want to do this I don't know, but it is indeed a thing and it should probably be fixed in Showdown! proper.

Another thing I didn't see tested in Showdown! that happens in the main series is that Fling + Toxic Orb with Corrosion can TOX targets that are normally immune to it, so if that also hasn't been looked into then it probably should be.
Good catch! Toxic Orb with Corrosion will be fixed next update, and the Fling thing is already working as intended.

When using the "weak" command with the gen argument, it accepts the argument but also includes the gen as part of the Pokémon/type(s). For example, when I type "/weak Togekiss, Gen 4" I get:

IMG-0593.JPG

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7partnersincrime-676903551
Kyurem used Imprison while Gastrodon as its ally was on the field. Then, in turn 5, I predicted a Draco Meteor coming from the opposing Kingdra and switched in Salamence in place of Gastrodon, which has Draco Meteor in its moveset, and because Kyurem was still out with Imprison active, the opponent should have been unable to use Draco Meteor. But instead of a "The opposing Kingdra can't use its sealed Draco Meteor" showing up, the Kingdra successfully used Draco Meteor and nearly killed Kyurem.
I believe that this is not the intended behaviour, as Imprison usually seals both the user's and its ally's moves in PIC.

Edit: Another bug in PIC occured, but I forgot to save the replay. In this case, I had Salamence and Gastrodon on the field, Gastrodon got encored into Tailwind and Salamence got killed. Afterwards, with a new ally on the field which didn't know Tailwind, Gastrodon's Encore remained active and whenever it tried to use Tailwind, I got the message "Bug there's no PP left for the move" - which is wrong, because Encore ends as soon as the encored move runs out of PP.

Last edited:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-676847423

Simple + Z-Celebrate doesn't double the stat boosts.
Z status moves are unnafected by simple and contrary.
To be more precise, stat boosts obtained directly from the Z effect of the status move ignore Simple and Contrary. Stat changes triggered by the move itself behave normally. A Simple Bidoof using Z Defense Curl will only get one accuracy boost from the Z effect, but will get two defense boosts as usual. Similarly, using Extreme Evoboost or Clangorous Soulblaze with Contrary will result in all your stats dropping.

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Kinda urgent with SPL around the corner:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/past-gens-research-thread.3506992/page-2#post-5951400
this mechanic does currently not work on PS.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-677118979 (Turn 54)
The hyper beam recharge should actually cause the status to glitch out and be overwritten by sleep. Timing in this situation should be correct, since it only applies when it is not recharged yet. All factors apply: Hbeam user paralyzed. Sleep user currently faster. Hbeam used last turn.

Kyurem used Imprison while Gastrodon as its ally was on the field. Then, in turn 5, I predicted a Draco Meteor coming from the opposing Kingdra and switched in Salamence in place of Gastrodon, which has Draco Meteor in its moveset, and because Kyurem was still out with Imprison active, the opponent should have been unable to use Draco Meteor. But instead of a "The opposing Kingdra can't use its sealed Draco Meteor" showing up, the Kingdra successfully used Draco Meteor and nearly killed Kyurem.
PiC only refreshes movesets at the beginning of the turn, just as you make your choices. As such, it doesn't really play nicely with Imprison. Sorry about that.

In this case, I had Salamence and Gastrodon on the field, Gastrodon got encored into Tailwind and Salamence got killed. Afterwards, with a new ally on the field which didn't know Tailwind, Gastrodon's Encore remained active and whenever it tried to use Tailwind, I got the message "Bug there's no PP left for the move" - which is wrong, because Encore ends as soon as the encored move runs out of PP.
Even though the ally is no longer on the field, the move itself hasn't actually run out of PP, so the Encore doesn't end. I don't know what happens on the cartridge if a move is replaced though level up while under the effect of Encore; if the encore ends in this case, then I would agree that this is a bug.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Timing in this situation should be correct, since it only applies when it is not recharged yet. All factors apply: Hbeam user paralyzed. Sleep user currently faster. Hbeam used last turn.
Turn 54
The opposing COOM DADDY must recharge!
Exeggutor used Sleep Powder!
But it failed!

Looks right to me; it's been implemented correctly for almost 3 years. They were both paralyzed so obviously Tauros was faster.

Introduction
[00:25] <woodchuck> and if people are mad tell them to be angry at me​
This thread is dedicated to reporting all kind of bugs in Pokemon Showdown.
Note that issues with sprites go in another thread.
Also, if you don't want to report a bug, but rather to ask a question use the SQSA threads about Pokémonor about the simulator.
This is not the place to post if you're having trouble connecting or if you have a feature request. It is ALSO not the place to post about problems with the ladder.

Rules
Before reporting a bug,
  • ...check the lists of Not Bugs and Known Bugs in the post below.
  • ...look up the relevant moves/abilities/items on Veekun and the first post of the Smogon Research thread. Don't look on Serebii, Bulbapedia, or Smogon's own dex, they are too unreliable.
  • ...if your problem involves incorrect damage, include your damage calculation. This is my damage calculator of choice, but there are plenty of others.
  • ...make sure your opponent's pokemon isn't Zorua/Zoroark
  • ...save a replay (the "Share" button, or alternately the "/savereplay" command), generate a screenshot or copy the FULL log of the battle to include in your post
  • ...make sure no one has reported this bug on, say, the last page or two of the thread. No one expects you to go through the whole thread, but it's kind of ridiculous when three posts in a row report the same problem.
  • ...make sure this bug exists on the official server, and with no custom styles enabled.

If you are posting a screenshot, PLEASE put HIDE tags around it. No one likes having their browser stretched by an enormous image.
On the Damage Calculator it doesnt seem like Surge Surfer works, I used Electro Ball to show this because I know that it works, and for reference 466*1.5 is 699

Attachments

some small bugs:
*if you use /ds[gen here] (/ds3 for example) with a move that wasnt released in that gen, smeargle will show, even though it obviously doesnt learn the move in that gen. the same applies for colours not existing until gen 5
*some really things seem to be occuring with tyrogue. if you /ds[genhere] steadfast tyrogue will appear, even though it only gets it as a HA in gen 5. i dont know if this occurs with other mons.
*/ds2 [abilityhere] shows mons that get said abilities in gen 3+

It does allow that, as long as you make sure Articuno's ability is Snow Cloak instead of Pressure (since all VC imports are guaranteed to have their HA). Some doubles formats won't allow it because Snow Cloak is an evasion ability in the appropriate weather, and setting up a weather-setting ability plus an ability that takes advantage of that weather is a lot easier in doubles, but shiny Articuno with Snow Cloak and Bide is definitely legal in singles Ubers, OU, and all the way down to PU, and the teambuilder will not disagree with any of that.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesubers-677728881
Level 1 Pikachu should be flagged as illegal unless it's wearing the original hat, for the same reason you can't have stuff like L1 Espeon.

After investigating further, Clefairy and Jigglypuff are likewise (wrongly) allowed at level 1, but Electabuzz, Magmar, and Jynx slide to the other direction and the teambuilder rejects any of them at a level below 30, even though they're all obtainable earlier by means other than evolution: Electabuzz/Electivire should legally be able to have level as low as 15, Magmar/Magmortar 14, and Jynx 15 if it has Dry Skin or 20 otherwise (as long as their movesets don't include egg moves in any case). Not that anyone's likely to use Pokemon at those levels, but if you're going to be thorough about checking level...

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
not very high priority, but if a mon knocks out a pursuit user with u-turn or volt switch while the opponent clicks pursuit, then it displays the text "[pokemon] is being withdrawn!" even though pursuit wasn't actually used.

Code:
Genesect used U-turn!
It's super effective! 
The opposing Gyarados lost 25% of its health!
The opposing Gyarados fainted!
(Genesect is being withdrawn!)
Genesect went back to free my man tele!
Go! Giratina!
replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-678208975 (turn 34)

some more small bugs:
*if you get metronome from /randmove, it will show both the move and the item. this wouldnt be a problem if it was /dt, but since its randMOVE, you get the idea.
*rock climb is shown in /ms meganium even though meganium does not learn rock climb

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I recently played a match where I had sticky web on the ground, and the opponent used Choice scarf ditto, and Sticky Web didn't drop Ditto's speed at all when it switched in or when it transformed into a grounded Pokemon.

I doubt Ditto is immune to sticky web, but it most certainly is on here. I thought it was just because it's choice scarfed, and beat me in a speed tie, but there was no stat drop from Stick Web, and when it transformed into Heracross, my max speed Scolipede was still slower than it.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I recently played a match where I had sticky web on the ground, and the opponent used Choice scarf ditto, and Sticky Web didn't drop Ditto's speed at all when it switched in or when it transformed into a grounded Pokemon.

I doubt Ditto is immune to sticky web, but it most certainly is on here. I thought it was just because it's choice scarfed, and beat me in a speed tie, but there was no stat drop from Stick Web, and when it transformed into Heracross, my max speed Scolipede was still slower than it.
So sticky web does drop ditto's speed on switch in, but when imposter activates it copies your stat stages - this includes your +0 speed stage. So essentially Ditto doesn't really get affected by the Stick Web drop, but it will still activate briefly before imposter activates.

in short it goes like this:

ditto switches in, goes to -1 speed due to webs
imposter activates, ditto transforms and copies opponent stat stages
as a transformed mon ditto copied the +0 speed stage instead of staying at -1

If you have an Illusion user and a Pokemon in the back who differ in level, the illusion isn't supposed to be very thorough: the Illusion user retains their true level, and that level is shown to the opponent. USUM provide a helpful test case for this when you have a title defense against Gladion: he may appear to send out a L68 Silvally, which is readily identifiable as Zoroark from the get-go because his actual Silvally sits at L70.

Showdown currently presents the fake level until the illusion is broken, which is patently incorrect behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)