1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. V4Victini

V4Victini [22:01] <&Stellar> I'm gonna edit ALL the YAML files
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcher

Yea. Krookodile cant learn Sucker Punch :P
  2. TheRyanNeighbor

TheRyanNeighbor

New here so I didn't take screenshots or anything but my salamence's outrage lasted 3 turns and it didn't get confused, then was still locked into outrage. Second turn of outrage a blissey protected so maybe that's something? But the outrage continued for 5 turns total. It stopped after they switched blissey back in because mence killed something, and it protected.
    Maybe it has to do with protect or... ?
  3. Marty D

Marty D Bug Catcher
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Please read the first and second posts before reporting bugs. This goes for everyone; many bugs are either known already or are common misconceptions of actual game mechanics.
  4. galnox

galnox

Sheer force doesnt stop life orb damage
  5. nyttyn

nyttyn

6. Enguarde

Enguarde Such Misfortune
    is a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

Sheer Force only negates Life Orb recoil IF the move being used is entitled to a sheer force boost.

For example, Sheer Force Landorus will not receive Life Orb recoil if using the move Earth Power since it will trigger the ability, due to its chance to lower Special Defence. But the same Sheer Force Landorus using Hidden Power Ice WILL take Life Orb recoil since Hidden Power Ice does not activate Sheer Force.
  7. Ethberek

Ethberek

Effect Spore

Anyone know if this is a bug or working as intended?:

Effect Spore went off as my Breloom got hit and put my opponent's Machamp to sleep.

Later in the match, I forgot about his Machamp, which was still around but out of play, and used hypnosis on his Hitmonchan. It hit, and he had 2 sleeping Pokemon.

Is this okay because of Effect Spore, or just a bug?

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent7904899

It's on turn 19 of this replay.
  8. Edacosis

Edacosis

Effect Spore only activates when an opponent attacks you with a physical contact move. This means that you didn't induce sleep on the Machamp; it was the doing of your opponent. Therefore, sleep clause does not activate with Effect Spore.
  9. MeteorMiss

MeteorMiss

This has happened twice more since I originally posted it, and it was at the end of the page so no one seemed to notice it, so I am quoting it here.
  10. Worldtour

Worldtour left: Hitmonchan right: rest of RU
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

I THINK the problem with the cancel button is that there is just some lag between when you click the move and when it actually does something. I think in these cases both you and the opponent have both selected a move, but it is just loading the commands for the Pokemon. Since loading = waiting for the opponent, you may not actually be waiting for your opponent. This is just theorizing, but it seems likely considering tons of people have reported the same issue.
  11. Baz Anderson

Baz Anderson

Bug for doubles...

Me and my chum became confused after a Pokémon was knocked out by a spread move it had been EVed to survive (we know the attacker was holding a Berry also).

This happened while the partner was using Protect; so our theory is that the simulator thinks there is only one target when the partner Protects and therefore doesn't split the damage for the spread move as it does.

Unless I am greatly mistaken, a spread move against a Pokémon and a Protecting Pokémon should still do the reduced 75% damage to the open one.
  12. Baz Anderson

Baz Anderson

Also, multi-hit moves don't activate Sitrus Berry at the point the Pokémon goes below 50%, and instead activate at the end of the hits.
  13. MeteorMiss

MeteorMiss

The problem here isn't that I can't change the move, it's that the turn after gets changed when I try. I don't think this is only due to lag.

If I am correct about the cause (see my above post), would my solution work?
  14. Shurtugal

Shurtugal The Enterpriser.
    is a Pre-Contributor

Its a new page so I think I need to post this concern yet again:

fix that goddamn cancel button please! :[
  15. pinky8bit

pinky8bit

I am not entirely shure but I believe that stored power should not have done that much at +2spA and -6spD or does debuff not effect stored power in a negativ way?
  16. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

If I remember correctly, no, debuffs have no effect on stored power
  17. Phoenix512

Phoenix512

Debuffs have no effect on the output of Stored Power. So it would have 60 BP with the Calm Mind regardless of the debuffs in Special Defense.
  18. melvni

melvni
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

19. thomals

thomals

Teambuilder is saying all OU deoxys-d moves are illegal.
    Haven't tested in competitive match, but was allowed to use it in a custom with a friend.
    I assume it's just a visual bug but i think it's worth noting.

NCFC (Deoxys-D) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Thunder Wave
    - Night Shade
  20. Baz Anderson

Baz Anderson

The same thing also happens when there is an Earthquake against two Pokémon, where one of them has Levitate. The damage should still be spread on the non-Levitating Pokémon, but it doesn't seem to be on the simulator.
  21. Shatty555

Shatty555

I found a bug with Klutz. As proof, I provided a battle log. This proves that Klutz is broken when holding Choice Scarf (Not tested fully with other scarfs but presumably same problem) In this case we use Lopunny holding Choice Scarf with the Klutz ability. And on the other side, we have a Swellow, both Pokemon have 252+ speed, which means Swellow should outspeed Lopunny easily. We also have an Alomomola on the other team so that Swellow can switch out, Lopunny can give the scarf to Alomomola and then we can switch back in to Swellow and test the speed again.

Visual log: http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou8086518

Text based log:
    Conclusion: Klutz still gains the benefit of Choice Scarf, while negating only the side effect of being limited to a single move. (When it should negate both)

Hope you can fix this bug :)
  22. JacobJinglepocket

JacobJinglepocket

Recently, my selected team resets to whatever my first team on my list is instead of the team I previously selected whenever a battle ends in the OU tier.
  23. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

Your team is likely set to the old "oucurrent" while we have changed back to "OU". in the teambuilder, go into edit your team and change the tier and it should work fine
  24. Fire Whale

Fire Whale

The move "roost" doesn't change the pokemon "Flying" type.
  25. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

I have no idea what this means; please be more specific. A battle log or replay would be much more useful.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. Pandon