Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New here so I didn't take screenshots or anything but my salamence's outrage lasted 3 turns and it didn't get confused, then was still locked into outrage. Second turn of outrage a blissey protected so maybe that's something? But the outrage continued for 5 turns total. It stopped after they switched blissey back in because mence killed something, and it protected.
Maybe it has to do with protect or... ?

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
New here so I didn't take screenshots or anything but my salamence's outrage lasted 3 turns and it didn't get confused, then was still locked into outrage. Second turn of outrage a blissey protected so maybe that's something? But the outrage continued for 5 turns total. It stopped after they switched blissey back in because mence killed something, and it protected.
Maybe it has to do with protect or... ?
Rules
Before reporting a bug,
  • ...check the lists of Not Bugs and Known Bugs.
NOT BUGS

- Outrage/Thrash/Petal Dance can be stopped during effect and not cause confusion if Protect/Detect is used on the second turn of a three-turn duration.
Please read the first and second posts before reporting bugs. This goes for everyone; many bugs are either known already or are common misconceptions of actual game mechanics.

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sheer force doesnt stop life orb damage
Sheer Force only negates Life Orb recoil IF the move being used is entitled to a sheer force boost.

For example, Sheer Force Landorus will not receive Life Orb recoil if using the move Earth Power since it will trigger the ability, due to its chance to lower Special Defence. But the same Sheer Force Landorus using Hidden Power Ice WILL take Life Orb recoil since Hidden Power Ice does not activate Sheer Force.

Effect Spore

Anyone know if this is a bug or working as intended?:

Effect Spore went off as my Breloom got hit and put my opponent's Machamp to sleep.

Later in the match, I forgot about his Machamp, which was still around but out of play, and used hypnosis on his Hitmonchan. It hit, and he had 2 sleeping Pokemon.

Is this okay because of Effect Spore, or just a bug?

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent7904899

It's on turn 19 of this replay.

Anyone know if this is a bug or working as intended?:

Effect Spore went off as my Breloom got hit and put my opponent's Machamp to sleep.

Later in the match, I forgot about his Machamp, which was still around but out of play, and used hypnosis on his Hitmonchan. It hit, and he had 2 sleeping Pokemon.

Is this okay because of Effect Spore, or just a bug?

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent7904899

It's on turn 19 of this replay.
Effect Spore only activates when an opponent attacks you with a physical contact move. This means that you didn't induce sleep on the Machamp; it was the doing of your opponent. Therefore, sleep clause does not activate with Effect Spore.

This is a bug with the "cancel" button in-battle. I unfortunately don't have a log, but I will explain what happened. (As you will see, a log would,'t be very helpful here anyway.)

My ferrothorn was up against the opponent's gengar. I selected leech seed. However, a few moments later, I changed my mind. I clicked the cancel button, and pressed the button to switch into my Jirachi. However, a split-second after I pressed the button to switch, the match proceeded with me using leech seed.

That's fine. It seems like it was a lag issue, which was not my complaint.

After that turn, the buttons reappeared and I used protect. However, several seconds later the game proceeded with a switch into Jirachi.

What I take from this is that my message to use leech seed was sent to the server, but the return message (i.e. the move's execution) had not arrived due to lag during one of the transfers, and therefore I was allowed to cancel my move and select a switch to Jirachi. By the time this message reached the server, however, the turn with Leech Seed had already been executed, and the switch to Jirachi was therefore interpreted as a selection for the next turn. The rest is history.

Now, I'm not all too familiar with the capabilities of JavaScript as compared to other languages, but might it be possible for the messages to the server to contain a turn number? If this was put in place, then upon receiving the late message to switch to Jirachi, the server could simply note that the corresponding turn had already passed, and discard the message. This would allow the user to select another move without being hindered by the glitch.
This has happened twice more since I originally posted it, and it was at the end of the page so no one seemed to notice it, so I am quoting it here.

This has happened twice more since I originally posted it, and it was at the end of the page so no one seemed to notice it, so I am quoting it here.
I THINK the problem with the cancel button is that there is just some lag between when you click the move and when it actually does something. I think in these cases both you and the opponent have both selected a move, but it is just loading the commands for the Pokemon. Since loading = waiting for the opponent, you may not actually be waiting for your opponent. This is just theorizing, but it seems likely considering tons of people have reported the same issue.

Bug for doubles...

Me and my chum became confused after a Pokémon was knocked out by a spread move it had been EVed to survive (we know the attacker was holding a Berry also).

This happened while the partner was using Protect; so our theory is that the simulator thinks there is only one target when the partner Protects and therefore doesn't split the damage for the spread move as it does.

Unless I am greatly mistaken, a spread move against a Pokémon and a Protecting Pokémon should still do the reduced 75% damage to the open one.

I THINK the problem with the cancel button is that there is just some lag between when you click the move and when it actually does something. I think in these cases both you and the opponent have both selected a move, but it is just loading the commands for the Pokemon. Since loading = waiting for the opponent, you may not actually be waiting for your opponent. This is just theorizing, but it seems likely considering tons of people have reported the same issue.
The problem here isn't that I can't change the move, it's that the turn after gets changed when I try. I don't think this is only due to lag.

If I am correct about the cause (see my above post), would my solution work?

Turn 15

dwarf69 called Wurmple back!
dwarf69 sent out Swoobat!
Torkoal used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!

Turn 16

The foe's Swoobat used Stored Power!
Torkoal lost 9% of its health!
Torkoal's Air Balloon popped!
Torkoal used Yawn!
the foe's Swoobat grew drowsy!

Turn 17

pinky8bit called Torkoal back!
pinky8bit sent out Shaymin-Sky!
The foe's Swoobat used Calm Mind!
The foe's Swoobat's Special Attack sharply rose!
The foe's Swoobat's Special Defense sharply rose!
The foe's Swoobat fell asleep!

Turn 18

The foe's Swoobat is fast asleep.
Shaymin-Sky used Seed Flare!
It's not very effective... The foe's Swoobat lost 15% of its health!
The foe's Swoobat's Special Defense severely fell!

Turn 19

The foe's Swoobat woke up!
Shaymin-Sky lost 61% of its health!
Shaymin-Sky used Seed Flare!
It's not very effective... The foe's Swoobat lost 57% of its health!
The foe's Swoobat's Special Defense severely fell!
Shaymin-Sky restored HP using its Leftovers!

Turn 20

Shaymin-Sky lost 45% of its health!
Shaymin-Sky fainted!
I am not entirely shure but I believe that stored power should not have done that much at +2spA and -6spD or does debuff not effect stored power in a negativ way?

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
I am not entirely shure but I believe that stored power should not have done that much at +2spA and -6spD or does debuff not effect stored power in a negativ way?
If I remember correctly, no, debuffs have no effect on stored power

Debuffs have no effect on the output of Stored Power. So it would have 60 BP with the Calm Mind regardless of the debuffs in Special Defense.

Teambuilder is saying all OU deoxys-d moves are illegal.
Haven't tested in competitive match, but was allowed to use it in a custom with a friend.
I assume it's just a visual bug but i think it's worth noting.

NCFC (Deoxys-D) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Night Shade

Bug for doubles...

Me and my chum became confused after a Pokémon was knocked out by a spread move it had been EVed to survive (we know the attacker was holding a Berry also).

This happened while the partner was using Protect; so our theory is that the simulator thinks there is only one target when the partner Protects and therefore doesn't split the damage for the spread move as it does.

Unless I am greatly mistaken, a spread move against a Pokémon and a Protecting Pokémon should still do the reduced 75% damage to the open one.
The same thing also happens when there is an Earthquake against two Pokémon, where one of them has Levitate. The damage should still be spread on the non-Levitating Pokémon, but it doesn't seem to be on the simulator.

I found a bug with Klutz. As proof, I provided a battle log. This proves that Klutz is broken when holding Choice Scarf (Not tested fully with other scarfs but presumably same problem) In this case we use Lopunny holding Choice Scarf with the Klutz ability. And on the other side, we have a Swellow, both Pokemon have 252+ speed, which means Swellow should outspeed Lopunny easily. We also have an Alomomola on the other team so that Swellow can switch out, Lopunny can give the scarf to Alomomola and then we can switch back in to Swellow and test the speed again.

Visual log: http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou8086518

Text based log:
Format:
OU
Evasion Abilities Clause: Evasion abilities are banned
Sleep Clause: Limit one foe put to sleep
Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokemon
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Moody Clause: Moody is banned
Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
Shatty555's team:
Lairon / Alomomola / Swellow / Lopunny / Haunter / Swoobat
pokemonlol's team:
Lopunny
Battle between Shatty555 and pokemonlol started!
Shatty555 sent out OneForSorrow (Swellow)!
pokemonlol sent out Lopunny!
Turn 1
The foe's Lopunny used Splash!
But nothing happened!
OneForSorrow used Growl!
The foe's Lopunny's Attack fell!
OneForSorrow's Flame Orb activated!
OneForSorrow was burned!
Turn 2
pokemonlol: ok switch to something
Shatty555 called OneForSorrow back!
Shatty555 sent out El Presto (Alomomola)!
The foe's Lopunny used Splash!
But nothing happened!
Turn 3
pokemonlol: use wish or something
The foe's Lopunny used Switcheroo!
The foe's Lopunny switched items with El Presto!
El Presto obtained one Choice Scarf!
The foe's Lopunny obtained one Leftovers!
El Presto used Wish!
Turn 4
pokemonlol: go to swellow
Shatty555 called El Presto back!
Shatty555 sent out OneForSorrow (Swellow)!
The foe's Lopunny used Flail!
OneForSorrow lost 7% of its health!
El Presto's wish came true!
OneForSorrow was hurt by its burn!
Turn 5
pokemonlol: now atk with whatever
OneForSorrow used Growl!
The foe's Lopunny's Attack fell!
The foe's Lopunny used Flail!
OneForSorrow lost 7% of its health!
OneForSorrow was hurt by its burn!
Turn 6
Shatty555: :P
pokemonlol: yay bugz
pokemonlol: ok I will report, my alt is voiced
Shatty555: I'll send this log to smogon
Shatty555: Ok
pokemonlol: ok that works
pokemonlol: eh I'll probs report anyway
Shatty555: Yeah ok
Shatty555: Thanks for helping test that
pokemonlol: yup np :)
Conclusion: Klutz still gains the benefit of Choice Scarf, while negating only the side effect of being limited to a single move. (When it should negate both)

Hope you can fix this bug :)

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Recently, my selected team resets to whatever my first team on my list is instead of the team I previously selected whenever a battle ends in the OU tier.
Your team is likely set to the old "oucurrent" while we have changed back to "OU". in the teambuilder, go into edit your team and change the tier and it should work fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)