1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Astrid

Astrid

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that crit hit way harder than it should have.
  2. khaosschlumpf

khaosschlumpf

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Was playing a random battle, when my HP Grass changed it's type after getting encored.
    I forfeited that turn, so I have no further info.
  3. Relados

Relados
    is a Battle Server Moderator

Critical hits ignore any boosts to defense or special-defense, as well as drops to attack or special attack (I think). Not a bug.
  4. Astrid

Astrid

Oh, that explains it. Thanks.
  5. scaapduap

scaapduap

stealth rock infernape

when infernape came into stealth rock it only did neutral damage instead of 25%
  6. Sardiini777

Sardiini777

Infernape is fire/fighting
  7. Mari

Mari

Some Pokémon Nicknames crip team list

I have used a Ninjask with the name "<script type="text/javascript">alert("XSS")</script>" to test, if there is a cross side scripting vulnerability. Because no alert was thrown, I first thought that the program is safe, but then I started a battle. This caused two of my Pokémon missing in the lead selection dialogue, as seen in the screenshot.

Used browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
    OS: Salix OS 13.37 (based on Slackware 13.37, which is the most "original" Linux distribution)

Screenshot (open)

[​IMG]

Use this team to reproduce the bug (open)

Politoed @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Belly Drum
    - Earthquake
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Punch

Volcarona @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Quiver Dance
    - Hurricane
    - Bug Buzz
    - Hidden Power [Water]

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
    Trait: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Magic Coat
    - Rapid Spin
    - Surf
    - Sludge Wave

<script type="text/javascript">alert("XSS")</script> (Ninjask) @ Starf Berry
    Trait: Speed Boost
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Substitute
    - Protect
    - Baton Pass
    - X-Scissor

Thundurus-Therian @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature
    - Thunder
    - Grass Knot
    - Superpower
    - Nasty Plot

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Thunder
    - Water Pulse
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
  8. FlyMoto

FlyMoto

Bounce uses two PP per use (not caused by pressure). Uses 1 PP to 'Spring up' and 1 PP to do damage.
  9. Rackham

Rackham

This keeps happening whenever a battle starts for me. Could just be lag/server overload or whatever, but I thought I may as well post it here:

screenie (open)
    [​IMG]
  10. Relados

Relados

During the last round of a tournament Shining Latios and Saku ran into this problem as well. It was really frustrating.
  11. TheWarpstar

TheWarpstar

Echoed Voice does not gain extra 40 power when used consecutively.
  12. FLCL

FLCL
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

So you can basically leave the battle and receive no consequences at all and the if the opponent is stupid enough to forfeit the battle like me, you'll even get a win.
  13. YodaDaCoda

YodaDaCoda

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

As seen in the screenshot above, I've had players disconnect and forefit, but the ratings are not updated and should I try to exit the room, it'll prompt me to forefit, even though the other player has already left.
  14. Hellknight10

Hellknight10

I don't know if this is a bug or if I'm missing something but here goes

Custap Berry

it is to my knowledge that the berry is NOT obtainable in BW, but however it is acquirable in Gen IV from 2 event Pokemons; a Toys R Us Regigigas in 2009 and the shiny Entei that turns into a Zoroark if transferred to BW

when transferring the Entei I believe it loses the berry, but can't you transfer the berry from Entei to another Pokemon and then transfer the Pokemon with the berry to BW? you can do the same with Regigigas (or just transfer Regi to BW with the Berry directly)

In PokemonShowdown the berry is unusable. So is it a bug or am I just missing something?

--

Since I'm here, why is Agility considered illegal for Deoxys-D? sure there is no way to change Deoxys forms in BW but you can do it in HGSS and then transfer to BW
  15. Relados

Relados

Try transferring pokemon holding items into B/W. It removes their items in the 4th gen game and puts it in the bag, so it can't be obtained in B/W.

You can change Deoxys forms with the meteor in the museum in...Nacrene, I believe it was? The Deoxys-D agility thing is known not to work in Showdown.
  16. cmabr002

cmabr002

Hidden Power Changing Type in Battle

I was playing a Random Battle and my Honchkrow used Hidden Power Grass versus Colossoil (Turn 3). The following turn, I used it again due to being encored but on Turn 3 the move was super effective (like it should be) but on Turn 4 the move was not very effective. On turn 5 my opponent switched in his Piplup and my Honchkrow used Hidden Power "Grass" again, however it was neutral versus the Piplup.

I am still somewhat new to Pokemon, so perhaps there is something I am not taking into account and maybe this isn't a bug.

Here is the replay: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-randombattle42286
  17. Namikaze

Namikaze

Yea, its not you, there is definitely a bug with hidden power that changes its type to dark under certain conditions.

Also I have also experienced the problems with the ladder not being updated if my opponent disconnects and decides to not reconnect. Fixing this should definitely be a priority.
  18. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

I'm woooorking on it -_-
  19. Hawntah

Hawntah

I got a Gigalith with Sturdy and Focus Sash in a Random Battle. I don't know if this is intentional or not (like Air Balloon Rotom-S and its triple immunity to Ground lololol), but it seems rather superfluous.
  20. Relados

Relados

I think items are randomly decided for sets, because I had an Entei with a choice scarf that knew Flame Charge.
  21. Hawntah

Hawntah

No, items are not completely random. I believe they are mostly based on your moves (like if you have 4 special moves it might give you Choice Specs etc.).

EDIT: Just got a Hypno with Belly Drum and no physical moves. I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen :/
  22. SoulWind

SoulWind
    is a Tiering Contributoris a SPL Winner

I was battling with a friend today, and we both got disconnected, when we reconnected, we had the other's team instead of our own ones.
  23. Relados

Relados

That's a known bug, and it's being worked on.
  24. LucaroarkZ

LucaroarkZ

I was playing around with my Dragons and Zoroark team against a friend, and this happened:

Show Hide
    Turn 18
    The foe's Ichigo used Mach Punch!
    Zoroark lost 88% of its health!
    The foe's Ichigo lost some of its HP!

I saw this in other battles too; Bug-type moves are also apparently not showing the "It's super effective!" message against Zoroark.
  25. kajowwojak

kajowwojak

I could quite easily be in the wrong place, however, I have just recently gotten on Showdown, and I picked my name, no big deal. But then I DC'd, for half a second, and when I try to get on, it asks for a password, but I never put a password in to begin with... did I do something wrong?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)