1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. koolaidman594

koolaidman594

ok, i keep getting a timer countdown when i have selected my moves, i just lost a battle because i was waiting for my opponent to select his moves and i had my moves selected within 10 seconds, but then 30 seconds later, still waiting for my opponent, my 120 second timer hit 0
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesvgc2013dev13653456
  2. aquason

aquason

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
  3. Garchomp for president

Garchomp for president

There is a glitch but I don't know how to execute(on showdown) but it will let you chose an attack but it doesn't allow you to attack even after your opponent chides his attack. I believe it happens when an opponents poke faints but I don't know anything else.
  4. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

This isn't a replay.

Why isn't this a replay?

The title of this thread literally says "READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!" and the OP literally says "save a replay".

I can't fix this if it's not a replay. :|

(Well, I can, but it's so much harder for me to. Why didn't you make this a replay?)
  5. Engdrew

Engdrew

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou13754930

Bug in question regards Infernape damage calculation for Flare Blitz on turns 4 and 5 of this replay.

Turn 4
    Scizor, come back!
    Go! Rotom-W (Rotom-Wash)!
    The foe's Infernape used Flare Blitz!
    It's not very effective... Rotom-W lost 46% of its health!
    The foe's Infernape is damaged by recoil!
    Rotom-W restored HP using its Leftovers!

Turn 5
    The foe's Infernape used Flare Blitz!
    It's not very effective... Rotom-W lost 60% of its health!
    The foe's Infernape is damaged by recoil!
    Rotom-W fainted!

Running damage calcs:

Infernape was Jolly Choice Banded 252 Atk EV
    Rotom-W was Neutral Leftovers 104 HP EV

252Atk Choice Band Iron Fist Infernape (Neutral) Flare Blitz vs 104HP/0Def Leftovers Levitate Rotom (Neutral): 44% - 52% (118 - 140 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.

Turn 5 it did 60% damage. Please correct this.
  6. Sturdynips

Sturdynips
    is a Contributor to Smogon

The infernape had the ability blaze, which boosts fire type attacks when below 1/3 hp. The recoil from the first flare blitz brought it low enough to be in blaze range for the second, therefore increasing damage
  7. tommo999

tommo999

so I made a team, with one pokemon with this information:
    Golden-Eye (Sableye) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 120 Def / 132 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Sucker Punch
    - Recover
    - Taunt
    - Will-O-Wisp

so i made sure that i could have this movepool and i could. BUT this message pops up:
    "Your team was rejected for the following reasons:
    - Golden-Eye (Sableye) has moves incompatible with its DW ability."

ANYONE EXPLAIN?
  8. The Leprechaun

The Leprechaun Shoobz darg
    is a Tiering Contributor

Pokes taking weird damage from things like substitute, and burn. i've seen this a couple of times but i've only just had the presence of mind to save a replay of it happening. http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru13771851 skip to turn 13. Sceptile sets up a sub and only takes 23% damage. Sorry if this isn't a bug or if someone's already reported it. Cheers
  9. The Leprechaun

The Leprechaun Shoobz darg
    is a Tiering Contributor

10. Dr Ciel

Dr Ciel

Sableyes can learn these moves through Gen 3 Egg and Event, as well as Gen 4 Egg. Since Sableyes Dream World ability (Prankster) did not exist in either of these gens, these moves are incompatible with Prankster.
  11. tommo999

tommo999

Then Snogon needs to change the VGC '12 then: http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/sableye/vgc2012
    it has Sucker Punch, Recover and Will-O-Wisp, only move im not copying is Fake Out and replacing that for a TM?
  12. Samzor123

Samzor123

13. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

What?

Breed a male Recover Sableye in 4th gen
    Tutor it Sucker Punch
    Pokétransfer
    Breed with female DW Sableye
    ???
    Profit

Sucker Punch and Recover are egg moves, meaning that tommo999 found a valid bug.
  14. StarmanXL

StarmanXL

15. tommo999

tommo999

thank you i thought i have not use a hack for my real Sableye i have on my DS game
  16. Manitary

Manitary

About Sableye: there should be a bug, because (in gen V) you can just breed Recover from Alakazam/Medicham/Beheeyem and Sucker Punch from Spinda/Cacturne/Toxicroak, then breed with a female Prankster Sableye and teach TM12 Taunt and TM61 Will-o-Wisp.

I think the pokemon actually took 25% damage but you see 23% because you can see only pixel of the enemy pokemon health and they've different accuracy

It actually happens when you U-Turn/BPass/VSwitch/anythingelse and the pokemon is sent out at the same turn, in your replay you BPass while the mate faints and in the same turn Vaporeon returns to the game field (idk if you can do it in cartridge game or not).
  17. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

Wait, can you be more specific? How do you get both Recover and Sucker Punch on the same pokemon? Which pokemon is the dad and which pokemon is the mom, and what are their movesets?
  18. Arcticblast

Arcticblast It hasn't been as nice at night these last few days
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

Breed Recover onto a Sableye in DPP and get a male baby, and teach that Sucker Punch through a move tutor. Transfer that into BW and breed it with a female Prankster Sableye. You get a Prankster Sableye with both Sucker Punch and Recover.

It's legal, but probably a pain in the ass to get...
  19. Manitary

Manitary

Yeah I failed with the chain breed but as shown by Arcticblast the moveset is still legal.

Anyway Quick Claw is probably not working correctly with locked move: http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogondoubles13911270
    Turn 8: Quick Claw activates and Shuckle goes first with Rollout
    Turn 9 and 10: Quick Claw activates but Shuckle doesn't go first
  20. Lulzington

Lulzington

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou13912116
    The bug is between turns 7 and 12 on this replay

Mew uses Block against an opposing Scizor and then Baton Passes to Lucario.
    Once Lucario is out, Scizor switches successfully anyway, meaning that the effects of Block aren't Baton Passed properly.
  21. Kaphotics

Kaphotics Remodeling Kitchens
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

22. Mari

Mari

Sometimes (but very rarely) the following message appears:

[​IMG]
  23. Plusle

Plusle

24. Furai

Furai a Ωdefender // a αguardian
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

oops :x

Basically what happened is bibarel dived, got para'd, and remained "underwater". It got hit next turn though, so it's just a graphical bug

sry :>
  25. TheMantyke

TheMantyke Larvitard
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)