1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. PungentFruit

PungentFruit

2. Lulzington

Lulzington

Well crap, I do apologize. I looked the Baton Pass/ Block combo up on a few different websites and none of them must have been updated for this generation. Even Bulbapedia had contradictory information on a different page. My bad.
  3. Laikue

Laikue

I have this buggy thing on the Pokemon Showdown Main chat, where anything I type gets put into courier: (As seen here: http://youtu.be/LZxpe1iXQn0 Note, that this is only happening on main chat.) I checked my keyboard settings, and changed keyboards, but nothing is changing. A Moderator (Sandshrewz), told me to post the bug here, so I did. It's only happening to me for some reason, and it's gotten me kicked to the rules page, twice now, I think.

Edit: NVM, It just started working again, either someone fixed it, or it was some small glitch. If it's the case of the former, thank you, whoever fixed it.
  4. Malkoir

Malkoir

5. AccidentalGreed

AccidentalGreed HOMERUN, CABRONES
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

6. Sora24

Sora24

Substitute Bug 4/7/13

in random battle set up a sub, and an outraging garchomp did damage to my kyeurum(derp) with a sub up. the sub remained up with my kyurem at 12 health, then a slaking giga impacted kyur with the sub still up but at 12 health to finish it off, all the while the sub was up and i took damage with it up. Basically the sub took 25%hp but was useless for anything but something to look at.
  7. mayosigs

mayosigs

8. Infernis

Infernis

Bulbapedia's entry says that Heal Bell is not affected by Protect, and as far as I know the move normally activates 100% of the time. I looked around the thread and couldn't find anything on this.
  9. Manitary

Manitary

Heal Bell/Aromatherapy/damage through sub should be fixed with the next restart (soon)
  10. Molk

Molk Crustle knocked off the opposing Rhydon's Assault Vest!
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    RU Co-Leader

PS claims that thunder fang and baton pass are illegal together on durant when they are, in fact, legal. Gliscor can learn both moves via level up and egg, respectively, and shares the same egg group with Durant, meaning its perfectly possible to have both moves on Durant at the same time.

[​IMG]

and heres a full set to confirm its not another move causing the problem (iron head is a level up move and x-scissor is a TM).
    [​IMG]

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gliscor_(Pokémon)

gliscor's page for proof that it can, in fact learn both moves and breed with durant
  11. Itsasecret

Itsasecret

Samurott ohko'ing Ninetails with waterfall in sun.

I just battled on showdown. A Samurott had a water gem waterfall hit my Ninetales in the sun. According to these damage calculators (http://kalashnikov.pokecenter.ru/damage/, and http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/) it is impossible for that to happen unless there is a critical hit...there wasn't. The maximum amount of damage possible is 93%. Here is the battle video for evidence:
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesvgc2013-14112689

I apologize in advance if I am simply missing something here.
  12. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

Is it perhaps an issue with displaying percentages on PS? Recently PS has switched to using in-game pixels to calculate percentages (the displayed percentages are not exact), meaning the Samurott could actually be at 33% with Torrent active. If Torrent was active, it would have definitely OHKOed Ninetales.
  13. Itsasecret

Itsasecret

Well, it did say it had 35% health. So guess there is still a bug to report then? lol. Thanks for your time!
  14. Manitary

Manitary

Only your opponent can know how many HP Samurott had, because you don't have complete information about enemy's current HP, and percentage isn't accurate because the game shows pixel (expressed in multiples of 1/48) instead of percentage
  15. Vemane

Vemane

The foe's Jirachi put in a substitute!
    The foe's Jirachi lost 23.0–25.0% of its health!

Self explanatory :P
  16. Double01

Double01 Hate it or love it the under dog's on top

17. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

Ditto always transforms into the opposing Arceus form, but its Judgment will be Normal-typed due to the lack of a plate. That mechanic is correct.
  18. SoulRed12

SoulRed12

This might not be a bug (and I think it echoes vemane's post), but it's a bit annoying. Why is everything a percentage range now for damage/healing? E.g. "Conkeldurr took 68.2%-76.3%" instead of just "Conkeldurr took 72% damage" like it used to be. Also I can't see my pokemon's remaining HP % (or my opponent's) without hovering over it. I used to be able to see it right on the battle screen.
  19. jdarden

jdarden mfw you ask about your server
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Forum Moderator

Neither of these are "bugs." This is due to the new implementation of a range estimate of damage done rather than an estimate as one %. This was implemented to more clearly convey the uncertainty in estimating your opponent's HP, so that you KNOW they lie within a range (i.e. you don't see that your opponent has 9% health and then wonder why they survive LO recoil).

As for your issue, Vermane, I believe it is because coding in exact percentages along with range estimates for damage would be very, very complex to properly implement. But because you know exactly how much damage they do to begin with, you can just ignore the displayed range and go on what you know; it isn't really an issue.
  20. TheMantyke

TheMantyke DISRESPECT YOUR SUPERIORS
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pokemon Showdown is saying that my Gothitelle is illegal (presumably) for having both Imprison and Shadow Tag. However, it gets both from this event (and in fact, only gets Imprison from this event).
  21. callforjudgement

callforjudgement

My last remaining Pokémon fainted to its own life orb when KOing my opponent's last remaining Pokémon, in the "VGC 13" tier. I'm not sure how Smogon classifies this situation, but under VGC rules, it's a win. (It's actually impossible to get a tied game under VGC rules except via running out of time; damage sources have a priority order, and whoever has their last mon knocked out by the lowest-priority damage source wins. Off the top of my head, for ties during a move it's self-ko damage > rough skin/iron barbs/rocky helmet damage > ordinary move damage > recoil damage from move > recoil damage from user's item; I'm not sure where rowap berry and the like go.) PS! counted the game as a tie, though. (Replay's probably irrelevant, but it's at http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesvgc2013-14297419).

A separate bug: I was trying to build a level 1 aron in the teambuilder; PS! suggested an EV spread of -124 Def / -44 SpD / 676 Atk. I don't think this spread is legal.
  22. Laikue

Laikue

It's allowing Magic Guard Clefable to have Softboiled, and Magic Guard at the same time. (which is impossible) Since Softboiled is only gained by Gen 3 Move Tutor, and Magic Guard was introduced in Gen 4. http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru-14313449 Footage of both together is seen on turn 14.
  23. bearsfan092

bearsfan092

Another instance of Substitute doing nothing. The attack went straight through. You can see this in turn one.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nuggetbridge-vgc13-49802

Furthermore, on turn 5 of the same match, my Gastrodon (60 speed) outruns his Tyranitar in Tailwind. He doesn't have Iron Ball or a speed reducing item. Maybe there's another legal possibility, but it seems like an error to me.
  24. Cathy

Cathy

Pokemon Showdown's victory conditions are currently wrong for every generation. This is a known bug that should probably be added to the first few posts of this thread if it hasn't already been.
  25. Laikue

Laikue

For the second one, you can clearly see tailwind peters out. As for the first one...... I don't know. But the second one is easily explained.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)