Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this buggy thing on the Pokemon Showdown Main chat, where anything I type gets put into courier: (As seen here: http://youtu.be/LZxpe1iXQn0 Note, that this is only happening on main chat.) I checked my keyboard settings, and changed keyboards, but nothing is changing. A Moderator (Sandshrewz), told me to post the bug here, so I did. It's only happening to me for some reason, and it's gotten me kicked to the rules page, twice now, I think.

Edit: NVM, It just started working again, either someone fixed it, or it was some small glitch. If it's the case of the former, thank you, whoever fixed it.

Substitute Bug 4/7/13

in random battle set up a sub, and an outraging garchomp did damage to my kyeurum(derp) with a sub up. the sub remained up with my kyurem at 12 health, then a slaking giga impacted kyur with the sub still up but at 12 health to finish it off, all the while the sub was up and i took damage with it up. Basically the sub took 25%hp but was useless for anything but something to look at.

NU Ladder Match on Showdown said:
Turn 19

The foe's Ninjask used Protect!
The foe's Ninjask protected itself!
Miltank used Heal Bell!
But it failed!
The foe's Ninjask restored HP using its Leftovers!
Miltank was hurt by poison!
Bulbapedia's entry says that Heal Bell is not affected by Protect, and as far as I know the move normally activates 100% of the time. I looked around the thread and couldn't find anything on this.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
PS claims that thunder fang and baton pass are illegal together on durant when they are, in fact, legal. Gliscor can learn both moves via level up and egg, respectively, and shares the same egg group with Durant, meaning its perfectly possible to have both moves on Durant at the same time.

and heres a full set to confirm its not another move causing the problem (iron head is a level up move and x-scissor is a TM).

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gliscor_(Pokémon)

gliscor's page for proof that it can, in fact learn both moves and breed with durant

Samurott ohko'ing Ninetails with waterfall in sun.

I just battled on showdown. A Samurott had a water gem waterfall hit my Ninetales in the sun. According to these damage calculators (http://kalashnikov.pokecenter.ru/damage/, and http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/) it is impossible for that to happen unless there is a critical hit...there wasn't. The maximum amount of damage possible is 93%. Here is the battle video for evidence:
http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesvgc2013-14112689

I apologize in advance if I am simply missing something here.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Is it perhaps an issue with displaying percentages on PS? Recently PS has switched to using in-game pixels to calculate percentages (the displayed percentages are not exact), meaning the Samurott could actually be at 33% with Torrent active. If Torrent was active, it would have definitely OHKOed Ninetales.

Only your opponent can know how many HP Samurott had, because you don't have complete information about enemy's current HP, and percentage isn't accurate because the game shows pixel (expressed in multiples of 1/48) instead of percentage

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Ditto always transforms into the opposing Arceus form, but its Judgment will be Normal-typed due to the lack of a plate. That mechanic is correct.

This might not be a bug (and I think it echoes vemane's post), but it's a bit annoying. Why is everything a percentage range now for damage/healing? E.g. "Conkeldurr took 68.2%-76.3%" instead of just "Conkeldurr took 72% damage" like it used to be. Also I can't see my pokemon's remaining HP % (or my opponent's) without hovering over it. I used to be able to see it right on the battle screen.

The foe's Jirachi put in a substitute!
The foe's Jirachi lost 23.0–25.0% of its health!

Self explanatory :P
This might not be a bug (and I think it echoes vemane's post), but it's a bit annoying. Why is everything a percentage range now for damage/healing? E.g. "Conkeldurr took 68.2%-76.3%" instead of just "Conkeldurr took 72% damage" like it used to be. Also I can't see my pokemon's remaining HP % (or my opponent's) without hovering over it. I used to be able to see it right on the battle screen.
Neither of these are "bugs." This is due to the new implementation of a range estimate of damage done rather than an estimate as one %. This was implemented to more clearly convey the uncertainty in estimating your opponent's HP, so that you KNOW they lie within a range (i.e. you don't see that your opponent has 9% health and then wonder why they survive LO recoil).

As for your issue, Vermane, I believe it is because coding in exact percentages along with range estimates for damage would be very, very complex to properly implement. But because you know exactly how much damage they do to begin with, you can just ignore the displayed range and go on what you know; it isn't really an issue.

My last remaining Pokémon fainted to its own life orb when KOing my opponent's last remaining Pokémon, in the "VGC 13" tier. I'm not sure how Smogon classifies this situation, but under VGC rules, it's a win. (It's actually impossible to get a tied game under VGC rules except via running out of time; damage sources have a priority order, and whoever has their last mon knocked out by the lowest-priority damage source wins. Off the top of my head, for ties during a move it's self-ko damage > rough skin/iron barbs/rocky helmet damage > ordinary move damage > recoil damage from move > recoil damage from user's item; I'm not sure where rowap berry and the like go.) PS! counted the game as a tie, though. (Replay's probably irrelevant, but it's at http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesvgc2013-14297419).

A separate bug: I was trying to build a level 1 aron in the teambuilder; PS! suggested an EV spread of -124 Def / -44 SpD / 676 Atk. I don't think this spread is legal.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
My last remaining Pokémon fainted to its own life orb when KOing my opponent's last remaining Pokémon, in the "VGC 13" tier. I'm not sure how Smogon classifies this situation, but under VGC rules, it's a win. (It's actually impossible to get a tied game under VGC rules except via running out of time; damage sources have a priority order, and whoever has their last mon knocked out by the lowest-priority damage source wins. Off the top of my head, for ties during a move it's self-ko damage > rough skin/iron barbs/rocky helmet damage > ordinary move damage > recoil damage from move > recoil damage from user's item; I'm not sure where rowap berry and the like go.) PS! counted the game as a tie, though. (Replay's probably irrelevant, but it's at http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesvgc2013-14297419).
Pokemon Showdown's victory conditions are currently wrong for every generation. This is a known bug that should probably be added to the first few posts of this thread if it hasn't already been.

Another instance of Substitute doing nothing. The attack went straight through. You can see this in turn one.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nuggetbridge-vgc13-49802

Furthermore, on turn 5 of the same match, my Gastrodon (60 speed) outruns his Tyranitar in Tailwind. He doesn't have Iron Ball or a speed reducing item. Maybe there's another legal possibility, but it seems like an error to me.
For the second one, you can clearly see tailwind peters out. As for the first one...... I don't know. But the second one is easily explained.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
It's allowing Magic Guard Clefable to have Softboiled, and Magic Guard at the same time. (which is impossible) Since Softboiled is only gained by Gen 3 Move Tutor, and Magic Guard was introduced in Gen 4. http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru-14313449 Footage of both together is seen on turn 14.
The set is possible by tutoring a Clefairy Softboiled in Gen 3, transferring it to Gen 4 and evolving it there; if it had Cute Charm in Ability Slot 2 it will recalculate the Ability when evolving to Clefable and gain Magic Guard.

The set is possible by tutoring a Clefairy Softboiled in Gen 3, transferring it to Gen 4 and evolving it there; if it had Cute Charm in Ability Slot 2 it will recalculate the Ability when evolving to Clefable and gain Magic Guard.
Really? I never heard of this.... Just looked it up, I feel stupid now. >.< Guess I should check several more pages on Bulbapedia next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)