1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Imanalt

Imanalt WHY BUNNELBY DO HAVE FUR?
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

a choiced pokemon with magic bounce will be locked into a move it bounces upon switching in if it also knows that move:
    screenie (open)
    [​IMG]
  2. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Lead

Counter is bugged in Doubles. Counter is supposed to target the last Pokemon (from the opponent's side) that attacked with a physical move. However, on Showdown! the Counter auto-selects the opponent to my left as its target.

Here's an example replay (turn 4)
  3. Mari

Mari

4. redundant

redundant

If I click the lobby/teambuilder tabs while in a battle and my opponent moves, when I click back to the battle tab it will show animations for that turn despite the Disable Animations option being turned off.
  5. Manitary

Manitary

It also happens when playing multiple matches and switching battle room when you see that the opponent moved (orange tab instead of blue)
  6. alexwolf

alexwolf King of Conquerors
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

As seen in this replay:

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-15387618

even after i kill Zoroark, which was leading and disguised as Hitmontop, the team preview shows Hitmontop dead instead of Zoroark. Not only this, but when the real Hitmontop comes into play, Hitmontop's icon in Team Preview shows him alive again, making it seem as all of the opponent's Pokemon are alive, when one has already been KOed.
  7. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Sorry for the NB bugs guys. I've been out of the country on vacation since April 7th. Got back today and the server was just updated so everything should be fine. If you have an issue on the server, just send me a message on IRC to see if I have already updated. I'm always on #nuggetbridge and #showdown along with various other unrelated channels.
  8. Firer4

Firer4

Wrong Perpective after DC

Today I dc'ed in the middle of a bh battle and when I clicked reconnect I saw the battle like a guest would see. So I saw the log like my opp would see it, the pokes and I could not make a move. When I clicked reconnect I first logged in as a guest, before it changed to my username (idk why). I guess thats the reason. Sry if I explained it unclear. I hope the screenshot explains it:

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  9. TheMantyke

TheMantyke slow
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

[​IMG]

The Attract marker was left on my Infernape even after the Ninetales that infatuated me had died.

Here is the replay.
  10. amzfishman

amzfishman

I have not yet captured a screenshot of this, but let me explain the problem.

This happens about 80% of the time.

I have crappy internet. Every so often, my internet will cut for about 30 seconds. Shouldn't be any problem right? Just wait for the internet to make it up, and keep battling.. right? Wrong.

When I reconnect, I am unable to do anything. It's like I'm in the battle, but I'm a spectator at the same time, and I'm unable to do anything. What's even weirder is sometimes I show up on my OPPONENT'S SIDE OF THE BATTLE, unable to do anything. I believe this is just because of who technically "hosts" the battle. Either way, it's incredibly frustrating, because I know whenever my internet cuts I'm going to lose my match, whether I was winning or losing.

This is a problem that needs to be fixed. I have tried everything I can think of to combat this problem with no results. If there is something I can do to stop this in the future, please tell me because I have lost at least a dozen matches because of this dumb glitch.
  11. CountXero

CountXero

Arceus-Ghost immune to Ghost-type move

Turn 22 of this replay, a Ghost-Arceus is immune to the opposing Arceus's Shadow Claw:

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uberssuspecttest-15559472

I looked through the research thread and the relevant poke/item/move pages on Smogon and Veekun, and I didn't see anything that would suggest this event was intended, but it's possible that I'm dumb and this isn't a bug.
  12. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

Hah, what a coincidence, Cathy literally just fixed this.

You'll never have to worry about it again. :)
  13. MeteorMiss

MeteorMiss

That was actually a normal arceus nicknamed "arceus-ghost".
  14. Joim

Joim All promises become a lie, all that's bening corrups in time
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

A user just gave me this replay, turn 17:
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu-15601295
  15. Slooowpoooke

Slooowpoooke

This is a minor glitch, but when changing whether Thundurus-T is shiny or not, his sprite shifts up a bit.

[​IMG]

Notice how the horn on the shiny Thundurus-T is cut off by the nickname box, because it shifted upward
  16. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere And the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Interesting glitch when I lagged out of PS during a battle:

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  17. relaunched

relaunched

18. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

Baton Pass failed because Mechan only had one pokemon, so she had no pokemon to Baton Pass to. You can tell because you won after defeating the Ninjask.
  19. Shrew

Shrew

So does no one have an explanation for this bug from 1 week ago?
  20. mikel

mikel frizy will carry ocn
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

dpp move mechanics bugs

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gen4oubeta-15809432

the user, when his/her/its/their pokemon is KOed by pursuit on the switch, is allowed to choose a new pokemon upon being koed. this is an incorrect mechanic (unclearly mentioned on upc and implemented correctly on pokelab). the user is not meant to be permitted to change choice in pokemon at that point.

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gen4oubeta-15808948

in PtHGSS, a pokemon holding a choice item using trick onto another pokemon with a choice item is then locked into trick. currently, the pokemon is allowed to choose a new move a la BW.

21. Cathy

Cathy

Alleged bugs like this are difficult or sometimes impossible to investigate without a replay. You were not able to post a replay, so there isn't much to be done. In the future, you can rejoin the battle and use /savereplay.
  22. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    Creator of PS

It's not a bug. Empoleon was in Torrent range on turn 13, then it healed from Leftovers, so it was no longer in Torrent range on turn 14.

The replay would've proven that, too...
  23. redundant

redundant

In Gen IV, hovering over Rotom-F shows it as Electric/Ice instead of Electric/Ghost.
  24. TheMantyke

TheMantyke slow
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

[​IMG]
    Upon switching out with an Eject Button, the team display below my opponent's trainer sprite displayed two Togekisses.

Here is the replay.
  25. Gavin313

Gavin313

On the Gen 4 ladder, my opponent took Life Orb recoil when he broke my Substitute. I'm pretty sure Life Orb didn't cause recoil on subs in 4th gen, so that would be something to fix as the Gen 4 ladder reaches fully-supported status.

Thanks for adding that, though! It's loads of fun.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)