1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

That wasn't a Shadow Tag Chandelure.

Shadow Tag Chandelure is unreleased and so isn't even legal in OU.
  2. Malkyrian

Malkyrian

3. Sturdynips

Sturdynips

I've had this bug once before, a few months ago. In a random battle I was given a venusaur with only 3 moves. Here's the screenshot:
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  4. helldog

helldog

5. breh

breh
    is a Smogon IRC AOP

Just so you know, Recover (and Softboiled afaik) will fail upon trying to heal when 255 (or 511 if chansey, I guess) HP is missing in gen 1. You got a really lucky roll!
  6. asdfkid

asdfkid

Pokemonshowdown bugreport

Well well well,
    I play on PS since a few days and I noticed that if I search for an OU-match(dunno if tier matters I only play OU) - and I click in the few seconds between the que and the actual battle, on an inactive window I somehow end up in 2 battles! (while most of the time only 1 of em has backgroundmusic)
    this happened to me about 4 or 5 times.
    Btw I come from germany, so it maybe has something to do with my ping?
    However ty for reading & pls bare with me if I made any major mistakes! ;D
  7. Brewer94

Brewer94

In the Gen4Beta game, using Mean Look/Spider Web + Baton Pass doesn't trap the opponent.
  8. Athrosu

Athrosu

I've just had a Rapid Spin that hit the enemy, did damage, but didn't blow away the Stealth Rock. The recoil damage from the enemy's Rough Skin killed my Rapid Spinner, but that shouldn't matter as long as the move hits, right?

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-17501281
  9. Manitary

Manitary

Second post

10. superstar

superstar

Showdown only simulates the cartrage games in its official metagames (e.g. OU, Uber), if you want to make a "fakemon" you'll have to design it yourself (idk how) and play it in a custom game.
  11. Swamp-Rocket

Swamp-Rocket screw economics!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

12. Chieliee

Chieliee

large images (open)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

teambuilder search(pokemons, items, moves, abilities) is messed up (and lobby chat is 'centralized', and bigger)

idk what caused it but it seems to be happening for me only

edit: battle is fucked up too:

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

first image is after turn 1, second is about 5 turns in, i can't scroll down to see the battle log either. Every turn, the lines appear at the top of the 'log' as the turn progresses, but they disappear after the turn ends

edit: refreshing twice fixed it
  13. shnen

shnen שוני
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

There appears to be a bug where occasionally the damage you take will be 0 according to the log and the hp bar doesn't go down, although you still take damage. This bug only affects the person controlling the pokemon taking damage

if I wasn't clear I basically mean that it will say 'X lost 0.0% of its health' in the log
  14. the interwebs

the interwebs

It appears mold breaker lets you swap plates from multitype arceus, which I discovered while playing hackmons.

Also, I've heard transform turns a pokemon into the opposing type of arceus, not into normal type arceus, like it should without a plate: imposter pokemon with a plate switching into arceus probably don't function correctly either if this is the case.
  15. redundant

redundant

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gen4oubeta-17905265

Turns 5-6. Gen 4 match, Rotom-A uses Trick and receives a Choice Scarf but is free to use Hydro Pump on the next turn. I'm not 100% sure if this is an incorrect mechanic in Gen 4 so I figured I'd post. It seems wrong based on Trick's page though:

16. blahpy

blahpy

17. Treecko

Treecko ᶦᶠ ᵃᶰʸ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵖʸ ᵖᵃˢᵗᵉ ᵗʰᶦˢ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵇᵉ ᶦᶰ ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ ᵗʳᵒᵘᵇᶫᵉ
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Fashion Advisor

18. Sweet Jesus

Sweet Jesus Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...

Don't know if this is intentional, but when a poke becomes drowsy because of yawn while another sleeping mon activates the sleep clause, the drowsy mention under the health bar will stay as long as the poke hasn't switched out.
  19. Arcticblast

Arcticblast improsin + bapongbas gg,,,,,,
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Other Metas Leader

This is a correct mechanic - Transform (and by extension Imposter) copies type regardless of held item.
  20. Joim

Joim This lulling sense of purpose will destroy us rapidly
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    Programmer

21. Cyberdwarf

Cyberdwarf

22. blahpy

blahpy

It wasn't my Chandelure, but that would explain it

Sorry for the [probably] false alarm
  23. the interwebs

the interwebs

24. mikel

mikel The Young an Wild Take Chances Together.
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

from the source of PS's mechanics, human-readable game rips. the pokemon turns into "arceus" and copies the type, but not judgement type (because no plate) or species, a change from 4th => 5th gen.
  25. Dakar

Dakar

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)