1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Zido

Zido

Whirlpool duration issue

Hi, I looked at the list of bugs/not bugs and didn't find this, so I thought I'd mention it. I gave my Smeargle Whirlpool for a strategy I'm trying out, in which I trap my opponent before using Memento for easy setup. According to several different sources, including Bulbapedia, Pokemondb, Smogon, and even my own copy of Pokemon White 2, Whirlpool is supposed to last four to five turns. However, in this replay, (http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-32771795) it only lasted two. In past generations, Whirlpool lasted from 2-5 turns and had an accuracy of 70%. Given that I initially missed and it only lasted two turns, I'm fairly certain that it needs an update. Since my newest strategy relies on it, I'd like an update soon, or perhaps an explanation of why it only lasted two turns.

Thanks for reading, I hope the issue is resolved!
  2. breh

breh
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

You switched out; switching out causes all trapping moves to be removed.
  3. Zido

Zido

Ah, So that's it. I assumed Whirlpool was different that Mean Look because the description of Whirlpool, both on Smogon and bulbapedia, didn't mention that switching the user ended the effect, while Mean Look's did... Well, thanks for clarifying that for me.
  4. JamesSonofBaboonzo

JamesSonofBaboonzo

I was playing a match on the Gen 1 OU ladder where my Golem didn't faint after using Explosion, and destroying a foe's substitute.
  5. mikel

mikel frizy will carry ocn
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

that's not a bug in gen 1
  6. JamesSonofBaboonzo

JamesSonofBaboonzo

Or, to be more accurate, it was a bug in Gen 1 that has been accurately recreated on the ladder. Thank you for telling me, now I no longer feel guilty for not surrendering.
  7. rolen120

rolen120

The animation for dig (and probably others too) is a bit wonky. If a poke uses dig and then another poke uses a move that it is naturally immune to the sprite of the digger will return to the normal position not the dig position.

When animations are off and you are in the lobby or another battle and in a different battle a turn executes, if you switch to that battle the animations still play.
  8. Molk

Molk mfw zoroark
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    RU Leader

For some odd reason i am now unable to spectate battles that are linked on irc, PokemonShowdown has begun treating all linked matches as replays to the spectators, and gives you the message thats given when a non saved battle expires when you attempt to join the match. Note that the match had just started when i clicked the link.

Screenshot of the message given (open)
    [​IMG]
  9. sobrenomederrota

sobrenomederrota

hey

I had some teams on teambuilder and really needed to clear the localstorage, so I made the backup on a notepad file on my computer.
    as expected, my teams were deleted, so I simply restored them. but now I need to restore them every single time I log into showdown since it's not saving anymore.

is the problem with me or is it a bug? and how do I fix it?
    thanks (;
  10. Iminyourcloset

Iminyourcloset OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
    is a Battle Server Moderator

Have you tried backing up all your teams, then going into each one of them to save (ie, you would go into the import/export part of each team, and hit save after backing all your teams up)? I think that that may help. But otherwise, I have absolutely no idea. :/
  11. sobrenomederrota

sobrenomederrota

that helped, thanks a lot :heart:
  12. Iminyourcloset

Iminyourcloset OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
    is a Battle Server Moderator

You're certainly welcome! ^_^
  13. Lavi04

Lavi04

There's a glitch w/ Future Sight

I had a Reuniclus use Future Sight and then it fainted in that turn or the next (I forgot which). A eelectross was out when it hit and it did zero damage. I also know eelectross was not a Zoraok (or its pre-evolution) because I damaged it already and it was the last pokemon on my opponents team.
  14. Anty

Anty

15. Lavi04

Lavi04

Also the same happens for Doom Desire: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent-34680611
  16. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

I assume he had brightpowder or the like
  17. Flora

Flora Yep, that tasted purple!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus

This happened to me too. Although, it's Gothita. What I'm wondering is if it happens with other Shadow Tag Pokemon or just the Gothita family?

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

I don't have any options to return to the moves/I wasn't returned to the moves after I attempted to switch in case the Gothita had its other ability (Deino had no Dark-type moves :( ).
  18. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

What OS and browser are you guys using? My best guess is that you're using a non-ES5-compliant browser like Safari 5 or below.

Can you enable developer mode and open the error console and tell me if you get any obvious errors when that happens?
  19. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

It has happened to me on Firefox as well, albeit with Arena Trap. Refreshing should let you choose your move again though :o
  20. Flora

Flora Yep, that tasted purple!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus

64-bit OS and Firefox.

I'm not really familiar about developer mode (not sure what it is, etc.).

I'll try refreshing my tab when it happens again.
  21. Renosaur

Renosaur

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu-34941170

Turn 5

The foe's Kimberly used Power Gem!
    It's super effective! Bastion lost 48.8% of its health!
    Bastion used Rapid Spin!
    It's not very effective... The foe's Kimberly lost 1% of its health!
    Bastion is hurt by the foe's Kimberly's Rocky Helmet!
    Bastion fainted!
    The foe's Kimberly was hurt by its burn!
    You have 150 seconds to make your decision.

Me rapid spinning caused me to die (due to recoil from RH) but rocks were still on field. I don't believe this is intentional?

edit: Apologies, I missed that. Cheers for info
  22. The Immortal

The Immortal Administrator of Showdown!
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

Read. The. Second. Post.

- Rapid Spin does not remove hazards if the user faints from Iron Barbs/Rough Skin/Rocky Helmet damage.
  23. Lavi04

Lavi04

I also believe there's a glitch with the chance of freezing. I've frozen 4 pokemon in 10 battles. They all often thaw out immediately too, so there may be an error in the chance of thawing also.
  24. Worldtour

Worldtour aka Swamp-Rocket
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

You have a 20% chance to thaw out per turn. Its completely possible to immediately thaw out.
  25. Erico9001

Erico9001

The drop down menu closes on various applications whenever somebody talks in the lobby chat. In particular I've noticed that that this occurs when choosing natures in the teambuilder, when choosing a team format to save to in the teambuilder, and when choosing a format of battle to view under 'Watch a battle.'

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)