1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Lavi04

Lavi04

Okay. Also no one has fixed/assessed the future sight/doom desire problem I mentioned about 11 posts ago.
  2. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

just because no one has responded to it doesn't mean it hasn't been looked at... please have some patience.
  3. Lavi04

Lavi04

Sorry. I was being insensitive T-T
  4. relaunched

relaunched

I often ladder and at some point find myself at rating R_1. At some point later, having lost no games, I find myself at rating R_2, a rating less than R_1. This happens even if I haven't lost a single game on the alt. This seems either like a problem with the Glicko system (why would your rating go down after winning games?) or a problem with the PS Ladder.
  5. Aelita

Aelita Return To The Past, Now~
    is a Pre-Contributor

I was just in a Random Battle, and got a Venusaur with 3 moves. It had Overgrow and the item Black Sludge, and it had Leech Seed, Power Whip and Sludge Bomb, if I recall correctly. I forgot to screenshot it. It'd be nice if that was fixed.
  6. lolo1994

lolo1994

7. Manitary

Manitary

iirc after a certain number of games played (15?) your rating is automatically lowered
  8. Avira

Avira

I apologize for breaking a rule. I read the OP, but I felt that some attention should be brought to this bug.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent-35730274

Zoroark pretends to be Garchomp and takes 93% damage. The player using Zoroark then switches out, and I eventually get down 1 layer of Spikes. Later, the actual Garchomp comes in for the first time and gets OHKO'd by Spikes because it only had the same percentage of HP as Zoroark.

This is just utterly nasty and should never happen.
  9. Manitary

Manitary

Looking at the replay I'd say that he never used the real Garchomp
  10. duke3528

duke3528

ubers tier wont let me enter a team with arcues fighting because it knows judgement. is there any way this can be fixed? arceus is holding a fist plate spelled properly but will not allow me to battle because of the move judgement
  11. Avira

Avira

I never said otherwise. As I've said, Garchomp was one-shotted by a layer of Spikes. It seems to have mirrored Zoroark's HP percentage, which makes no sense.
  12. Pikachuun

Pikachuun

He forfieted before he sent out "Zoroark," therefore nothing can be determined. Spikes don't get rid of Illusion btw.
  13. Manitary

Manitary

Garchomp never came out, your opponent forfeited with 5 pokemon down and Garchomp at full health
  14. Molk

Molk Crustle knocked off the opposing Rhydon's Assault Vest!
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    RU Co-Leader

Just wanted to point out that whether or not the garchomp that was sent out is a zoroark or not, garchomp was the one that was shown to be fainted when zoroark/garchomp was sent out, not zoroark. This means that either

1) that garchomp was in fact the real garchomp.

or

2) there was a display error, zoroark was the one that died to spikes damage, but because the illusion was never broken when zoroark came back in, PS was tricked into thinking it was the real garchomp that fainted, greying out the opponent's garchomp while the fainted zoroark was still displayed to be alive, although it had already gone down while being under illusion's effect.

Either way there was something odd happening in that match regarding zoroark's illusion ability.

picture for proof it clearly showed garchomp died and not zoroark (open)
    [​IMG]
  15. lolo1994

lolo1994

I forgot something...

1. Windows 7
    2. Google Chrome
    3. I've also tried Firefox. Same thing happens.
    4. When the replay was uploaded (Jun 20th)
    5. lolo1994
    6. In the quote...
  16. Manitary

Manitary

I can guarantee that is 2), when there's a Zorua/Zoroark this thing happens almost everytime
  17. Notty

Notty

Whimsicott is currently able to use Switcheroo and Encore on the same set, and I only just now discovered by looking at the Smogon analysis that it's an illegal combination.
  18. Chieliee

Chieliee

whenever i'm holding backspace in any password field (for logging in but also for registering), it freezes for about a minute when there's one letter left to backspace. I can't switch battle/room tabs, press options button, nothing. I'm using Google Chrome on Windows 7, if that matters.

because my explanation is shit:
    state in which it freezes (open)
    [​IMG]
  19. orthocresol

orthocresol

Bumping this too. I have Rotom-W on my DPP OU team and it has since been hit with Explosion, Brick Break and Earthquake. I'll pass on the Earthquake cause the guy probably didn't know Rotom has Levitate, but I suspect that the Electric/Water typing might have misled some of my opponents.

Here're some screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. Pikachuun

Pikachuun

It's something to do with typing changes not displaying properly. The sim is probably coded in a specific way to reflect only specific typings for each Pokemon and forme (why it would be coded this way I don't know); I don't know for certain though.
  21. tehy

tehy

You have 230 seconds to make your decision.

This is the part where i should've saved the replay to prove it, but i swear to god that it was in a rated battle. It was kind of a function of lag, because the timer basically almost kind of started after I won. So yeah, this may be a bug of some form, although it also might be totally irrelevant.
  22. Pikachuun

Pikachuun

In regards to this old post:
    I have emulated similar conditions using Espeon and Ferrothorn to set up Spikes on my side reliably. The other 2 Pokemon are the same, Zoroark and Garchomp. It was, in fact, a display error as I suspected. You can see the replay here, and Zoroark getting knocked out is shown on Turn 5. (Aura Sphere was used on Espeon instead of HP Fighting to save time, as Aura Sphere's more powerful than HP Fighting.)
  23. phoopes

phoopes The Boss
    is a Battle Server Moderator

Yeah, this is particularly annoying for those of us that have a really long password that's easy to screw up like myself. I also use Google Chrome on Windows 7.
  24. Kazo

Kazo

Normal Kyurem's icon was ripped with the wrong palette, here is the correct icon.

[​IMG]
  25. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

my jolteon in a randbat only had three moves. Here they were

[​IMG]

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)