1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Kl4ng

Kl4ng

When using a choiced bouncer, if the Pokemon bounces back a move that it already has in its moveset, the Pokemon will be locked into that move the following turn without selecting it itself. Not entirely sure if it works like this in game, but it could be a bug as much as it couldn't be one.

Untitledglitchpgb.png
  2. Porii Sames

Porii Sames

Persistent doesn't appear to effect Trick Room's duration. Or is Trick Room really that shitty?
  3. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-39655411

See Turn 8 and Turn 18: Kyurem-W's Ice Beam fails to OHKO Lugia on Turn 8, showing that Turboblaze doesn't ignore Multiscale for whatever reason.
    Not sure if this applies to Teravolt or Mold Breaker.
  4. Pikachuun

Pikachuun

*cough* *cough*
    Also, were you by any chance not Specs and without a positive nature in Special Attack? I got the following calc for the damage (without multiscale):
    252 SpA Kyurem-W Ice Beam vs. 252 HP/252+ SpD Lugia: 204-240 (49.03 - 57.69%) -- 48.44% chance to 2HKO
  5. Manitary

Manitary

At turn 8 he got 50% damage, so Kyurem-W was probably Timid and no specs, since:
    252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyurem-W Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lugia: 332-392 (79.8 - 94.23%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252+ SpA Kyurem-W Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lugia: 222-264 (53.36 - 63.46%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem-W Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lugia: 302-356 (72.59 - 85.57%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    I think it was Timid scarf or something similar and Multiscale worked properly
  6. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Turn 18. ._.

@pikachuun: yeah only saw it after posting zz
  7. UltiMario

UltiMario

Teravolt and Mold Breaker interact correctly with Multiscale last time I've seen the two interact, strange how Turboblaze didn't interact correctly with it though.
  8. ptree

ptree

The foe's Raichu used Substitute!
    The foe's Raichu put in a substitute!
    The foe's Raichu lost 23% of its health!
  9. Jonnhy

Jonnhy

When you baton pass with a substitute up, toxic spikes still go through the substitute. I believe this is a bug
  10. The Leprechaun

The Leprechaun Shoobz darg
    is a Tiering Contributor

Hey,

I noticed earlier that when multi hitting moves crit, the rest of the hits also ignore defence boosts.
    This can be seen below in the massive damage variation. Here's the replay: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-40870402 The crit happens on turn 10.

Cheers

Screen Shot 2013-07-22 at 00.17.07.png
  11. Pikachuun

Pikachuun

Here is your answer.
  12. Laga

Laga Drinking is borrowing happiness from tomorrow
    is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

This is not a bug. If a pokemon has a disproportionate amount of HP compared to how much the number is, the substitute will take up more or less HP percent. This is also seen if you run Focus Sash in Little Cup, where pokemon often live with 5-6% (this is 1HP for them). Besides, does it really matter that much?
  13. Frochtejohgurt

Frochtejohgurt

There is a bug with Hidden Power and IVs.

When I choose a Hidden Power (any other than HP Dark), I can change the IVs to 31 in every stat while still keeping the original Hidden Power. The Team Builder will also show the original one. When I choose any other IV spread than maximum IVs, it will change the type of Hidden Power accordingly atleast inbattle, because the Team Builder will keep showing the original one.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  14. GageKyleSiana

GageKyleSiana

Ok, here's a new bug. I play Smogon Doubles on the battle simulator, and lately I've only been able to attack 1 opponent, regardless of what opponent I target. This has been effecting my battles, and constantly forces me to lose. For instance I was facing a gastrodon and rhydon before, and I used aqua jet on the rhydon, but instead of attacking rhydon, I attacked Gastrodon, which gave it a sp. atk. boost, and ultimately killed my team. This is mainly an example how it forces me to lose, but now its to the point that i NEVER hit the pokemon thats in rhydon's position.
    Houndoomsday likes this.
  15. UltiMario

UltiMario

Abilities like Storm Drain (Gastrodon's Ability) draw that type of attack to them. That's why water attacks always hit Gastrodon instead.

Make sure you know what the game mechanics are before posting.
  16. GageKyleSiana

GageKyleSiana

ok, but why cant i hit a lucario with scald when the partner's a crobat, or hit a gliscor with ice beam when its partner is staraptor?
  17. Houndoomsday

Houndoomsday

could you post a replay of this happening?
    GCSChris likes this.
  18. GageKyleSiana

GageKyleSiana

19. GCSChris

GCSChris

20. GageKyleSiana

GageKyleSiana

so it's just me? Or my computer maybe?
  21. GCSChris

GCSChris

are you absolutely sure you are selecting the right targets for your moves?
    Houndoomsday likes this.
  22. teralyn

teralyn

Does anyone know if rating like auto fix themselves? I won a game and with the 14 I gained I should have been 1891 but instead my rating showed something in the 1820s. Is this known thing?
  23. Pikachuun

Pikachuun

Deviation. It shows how much your rank is prone to change, and can sometimes do stuff like this.
  24. Himanattsu

Himanattsu

Bug

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/randombattle-42417896

Code:
    Quilava used Eruption!
    It's not very effective... The foe's Haxorus lost 47% of its health!
    The foe's Haxorus used Earthquake!
    It's super effective! Quilava hung on using its Focus Sash!
    Quilava lost 99.6% of its health!
    The foe's Haxorus lost some of its HP!
    Turn 4
    Quilava used Eruption!
    It's not very effective... The foe's Haxorus lost 0% of its health!
    The foe's Haxorus used Dragon Claw!
    Quilava lost 0.4% of its health!
    The foe's Haxorus lost some of its HP!
    Quilava fainted!
    Parhelion: LOL
    MehicTUH_92: ?

25. Pikachuun

Pikachuun

Not a bug. The HP loss was so negligible (1 HP probably) that it didn't count as 1% of Haxorus's HP.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)