Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosquiton

Tette
From few days i can't enter on PS and appears this text: If the client is taking a long time to load, try refreshing in a few minutes. If it still doesn't work, Pokemon Showdown may be down for maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience. =/

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
From few days i can't enter on PS and appears this text: If the client is taking a long time to load, try refreshing in a few minutes. If it still doesn't work, Pokemon Showdown may be down for maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience. =/
Are you trying to connect via a mobile device or a PC?

there are currently some bugs with mobile browsers where you can't log in, in which case try a different browser

if you're using a PC then change your browser and see if that helps

My Rough Skin isn't working when my Garchomp is behind a sub. Which gets really annoying since it would let me wear down Scizor even faster.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
My Rough Skin isn't working when my Garchomp is behind a sub. Which gets really annoying since it would let me wear down Scizor even faster.
Rough Skin requires contact to activate. Hitting a Substitute does not count as making contact with the Pokemon behind the Sub. The same applies to other contact Abilities like Flame Body or Static.

If a recharge requiring move (Giga Impact, Hyper Beam, Hydro Cannon, Frenzy Plant, etc.) is used on the turn that the opponent uses Protect, it'll show "Must recharge" under the HP bar even though the move was unsuccessful and they don't actually need to recharge.

And no, I wasn't using one of those moves, I went up against a guy with a Giga Impact Ambipom. Can we just go ahead and say Giga Impact Ambipom is a bug, too, because it sucks so much?

On my volca fiery dance is not seeming to boost SPA 50% of the time. I have not tested it enough to be sure but I think it's worth checking out

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
On my volca fiery dance is not seeming to boost SPA 50% of the time. I have not tested it enough to be sure but I think it's worth checking out
Code:
secondary: {
			chance: 50,
			self: {
				boosts: {
					spa: 1
				}
			}
		},
It should most definitely be 50% - you're just unlucky.

Tried Circle Throw + Copycat Prankster Riolu
Used Circle Throw successfully first turn, second turn used Copycat, but it failed for some reason, rather than copying Circle Throw (which was the last move which had be used)

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Tried Circle Throw + Copycat Prankster Riolu
Used Circle Throw successfully first turn, second turn used Copycat, but it failed for some reason, rather than copying Circle Throw (which was the last move which had be used)
Copycat can not call Circle Throw; it can, however, call Roar.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Code:
The foe's Makuhita used Ice Punch!
Cofagrigus lost 43% of its health!
The foe's Makuhita lost some of its HP!
Cofagrigus is fast asleep.
Cofagrigus used Sleep Talk!
Cofagrigus used Hidden Power!
It's not very effective... The foe's Makuhita lost 12% of its health!
This was with Hidden Power Fighting, which should have been neutral vs. the pure Fighting-type Makuhita. If it makes any difference, Makuhita's ability had been changed to Mummy beforehand. I'm pretty sure there's a bug here.

Replay for reference: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/randombattle2503996 (see turns 19 and 21)

Dear mods.
Encore + Disable (the order of use doesn't matter) forces the use of struggle.

This doesn't happen on the simulator. The target just stays in the loop (of doing nothing) until disable or encore/disable ends. Ty for reading this error.

Additional information: This combo is valid in 4th gen. However, I have not tried it in 5th gen because I've sold my b/w. If someone has b/w please try the combo as it may have been removed for some reason.

When a multi hit move crits through defensive boosting, the rest of the regular hits do too. My shuckle was taking 3-4% from Icicle Spears with max defense and after taking a critical hit of 26%, began taking 13-14%.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Code:
The foe's Makuhita used Ice Punch!
Cofagrigus lost 43% of its health!
The foe's Makuhita lost some of its HP!
Cofagrigus is fast asleep.
Cofagrigus used Sleep Talk!
Cofagrigus used Hidden Power!
It's not very effective... The foe's Makuhita lost 12% of its health!
This was with Hidden Power Fighting, which should have been neutral vs. the pure Fighting-type Makuhita. If it makes any difference, Makuhita's ability had been changed to Mummy beforehand. I'm pretty sure there's a bug here.

Replay for reference: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/randombattle2503996 (see turns 19 and 21)
There's a bug with moves that call Hidden Power indirectly that causes it to become Hidden Power Dark in Random Battles / Challenge Cup, because it treats your pokemon with its full 31 IVs in everything (which results in the Dark typing) rather than calling the Hidden Power move of the correct type.

The Drive colors on Genesect's cannon does not change, Someone used Techno Blast with Douse Drive but the color was orange.

The Reconnect feature shows the opponents perspective with no options to continue the battle, effectively forcing a loss. Repeatedly refreshing does not fix this. Quite an annoying bug for those of us with a poor connection :P.

michael

m as in mancy
The Reconnect feature shows the opponents perspective with no options to continue the battle, effectively forcing a loss. Repeatedly refreshing does not fix this. Quite an annoying bug for those of us with a poor connection :P.
Unfortunately, this is very well known and is a big problem. The current solution is having someone of rank & or higher forcing a tie, but of course they aren't always on.

One work-around I have found that can work is, if your opponent agrees with it, you can both leave if, and only if, it doesn't ask for a forfeit. If you can both leave, neither should lose points. Note that this is neither guaranteed to work nor is known to work well.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
You can watch the replay and see that mew is out speeding jolteon and see that it has a scraf
While very unlikely it is possible that the jolteon was running no speed ev's while mew was 252 timid. As jolteon is most likely running HP ice, it is possible that he is running imperfect speed iv's, while mew would presumably not, therefore mew would out speed every time, so I have to be sure here becuase frankly that is the only thing that makes sense to me.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Turn 23

The foe's Hitmonlee used Endure!
The foe's Hitmonlee braced itself!
Darmanitan used U-turn!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Hitmonlee's encore ended!
Turn 24

FlareBlitz called Darmanitan back!
FlareBlitz sent out Whimsicott!
The foe's Hitmonlee used Reversal!
Whimsicott lost 100% of its health!

Whimsicott didn't get an opportunity to move during turn 24 at all - is this normal in-game behavior? Just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)