Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Kecleon didn't change types in my battle.

Turn 6:
Nidoking used Sludge Wave!
The foe's Kecleon lost 46% of its health!

Turn 7:
Nidoking used Earth Power!
The foe's Kecleon lost 39% of its health!

Didn't print super effective message and also obviously didn't calculate super effective damage. Maybe sheer force is preventing Kecleon's ability from activating?
You got it exactly right, but it's not a Showdown bug - it's a bug from the real game. Color Change does not activate when hit by a Sheer Force boosted move.

in showdown, my gyarados was paralyzed, I used bounce , the second turn he couldn't move and the animation showed him stuck there till I won

Hello! I want to report the next bug:

The Last Resort move is not working as it should do, let me explain:

"Deals damage. In order to use this move, all other moves in the user's moveset must have been used at least once since the user has switched in. This move cannot be used if it is the user's only move; however, it can be used with only one other move."

This's the description on Smogon, and I tested it on console and it works in that way, but... on the simulator doesn't. Here's the replay: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou3911520

Flareon just had a two moves setup, Flame Charge and Last Resort, I used Flame Charge, and later Last Resort, but it failed, it din't missed (it can't miss with 100 of accuracy and without any evasión/accuracy modifier, and I tested it other 3 times on othes battles, so, it's not coincidence). And here is the problem: on console it works, but here doesn't.

Well, If you (the staff) need to know something more about the bug, I'll help with I can.

Edit: Power Split is not working, either, all is on this replay: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou3911865

Also, I tested again the problem with Last Resort, it can be seen there, and I screenshooted the move list of Flareon later he used Flame Charge:

The problem of Power Split is specially annoying on the Random Battles, because all the setup were based on the use of Power Split, but it doesn't work really on simulator, making you with a one Pokémon less, and that really sucks.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Hello! I want to report the next bug:

The Last Resort move is not working as it should do, let me explain:

"Deals damage. In order to use this move, all other moves in the user's moveset must have been used at least once since the user has switched in. This move cannot be used if it is the user's only move; however, it can be used with only one other move."

This's the description on Smogon, and I tested it on console and it works in that way, but... on the simulator doesn't. Here's the replay: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou3911520

Flareon just had a two moves setup, Flame Charge and Last Resort, I used Flame Charge, and later Last Resort, but it failed, it din't missed (it can't miss with 100 of accuracy and without any evasión/accuracy modifier, and I tested it other 3 times on othes battles, so, it's not coincidence). And here is the problem: on console it works, but here doesn't.

Well, If you (the staff) need to know something more about the bug, I'll help with I can.

Edit: Power Split is not working, either, all is on this replay: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou3911865

Also, I tested again the problem with Last Resort, it can be seen there, and I screenshooted the move list of Flareon later he used Flame Charge:

The problem of Power Split is specially annoying on the Random Battles, because all the setup were based on the use of Power Split, but it doesn't work really on simulator, making you with a one Pokémon less, and that really sucks.
When you delete moves through the teambuilder it doesn't actually fully delete them, go to import/export and remove any blank "-" and this should work properly.

As for power split if have no idea

When you delete moves through the teambuilder it doesn't actually fully delete them, go to import/export and remove any blank "-" and this should work properly.

As for power split if have no idea
But then that's a error with the system on general, it should erase the attacks, not just fill them with "-", and you cannot do that when you're playing with a Pokémon with Power Split on Random Battle, so, yeah, that's a problem.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
But then that's a error with the system on general, it should erase the attacks, not just fill them with "-", and you cannot do that when you're playing with a Pokémon with Power Split on Random Battle, so, yeah, that's a problem.
No, the issue with "-" being left is purely re: Last Resort.

Power Split is simply not implemented yet to the extent of my knowledge, and has no interaction with "-" being left in teambuilder files.

I'm not sure if these are actually correct based on the game's rules, but I've got a few things that I think might be bugs.

When I used Covet, and KO'd my opponent, their item wasn't taken.
Roost works during Gravity.
Poison Touch can poison even if the foe has a Substitute up.

I'd like to report two bugs, both happening in the same game, this one.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou3950986

On turn 27, I rapid spun with Tentacruel and died from Ferrothorn's ability, but the entry hazards were not spun away. As to my understanding, even though I died, the hazards should have still been spun away.

On turn 49 onward, Dragonite was spamming outrage and I was stalling with Gliscor. I alternated between protect and substitute, but the Dragonite didn't get confused until I gave up and toxic'd.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd like to report two bugs, both happening in the same game, this one.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou3950986

On turn 27, I rapid spun with Tentacruel and died from Ferrothorn's ability, but the entry hazards were not spun away. As to my understanding, even though I died, the hazards should have still been spun away.

On turn 49 onward, Dragonite was spamming outrage and I was stalling with Gliscor. I alternated between protect and substitute, but the Dragonite didn't get confused until I gave up and toxic'd.
Neither of these are bugs. If you die from Iron Barbs after spinning, you do not spin away the hazards - that's the way it works on the console. If you use Protect while an opponent is locked into Outrage, it resets the Outrage counter, thus starting you back at square one.

showdown random battle. Raikou had hidden power ice. it deals super effective damage to cottonee. Cottonee uses encore. The move is used again, but is no longer super effective. Cottonee uses taunt, then faints. The opponent brings out landorus, and I use hidden power again. I am still under the effects of encore, and it is still not dealing super effective damage as it should. After this, the Raikou faints.

A bug just happened to me:

While battling in Random Battle, I dc'd. Upon getting back, I found out my display had been switched with my opponent.

Right before the dc, I had a Hippowdon sent out against a Croconaw, with a fainted shellder in my 3rd team slot. My opponent had a live Munchlax in his 3rd position. When I came back, the Croconaw was now on my side of the field, but I could still use the Hippowdon's moves.

My team (below the moves) was changed to a copy of my opponent's team. Only the first 4 were revealed, and the other 2 were missing (as that was the 4 that he had used up to that point).

The really glitchy part is that I could switch to my opponent's "Munchlax", which would actually switch in my fainted Shellder. The opponent used a move, that did nothing. Since shellder "fainted", I could then choose the opponent's Munchlax again, which would send in the Pokemon in 3rd position again, which was Hippowdon now. But then, I could repeat that as long as I wanted, since my opponent could only switch between 2 live Pokemon, which wouldn't affect my position.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A bug just happened to me:

While battling in Random Battle, I dc'd. Upon getting back, I found out my display had been switched with my opponent.

Right before the dc, I had a Hippowdon sent out against a Croconaw, with a fainted shellder in my 3rd team slot. My opponent had a live Munchlax in his 3rd position. When I came back, the Croconaw was now on my side of the field, but I could still use the Hippowdon's moves.

My team (below the moves) was changed to a copy of my opponent's team. Only the first 4 were revealed, and the other 2 were missing (as that was the 4 that he had used up to that point).

The really glitchy part is that I could switch to my opponent's "Munchlax", which would actually switch in my fainted Shellder. The opponent used a move, that did nothing. Since shellder "fainted", I could then choose the opponent's Munchlax again, which would send in the Pokemon in 3rd position again, which was Hippowdon now. But then, I could repeat that as long as I wanted, since my opponent could only switch between 2 live Pokemon, which wouldn't affect my position.
Just to add on, the replay is here: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/randombattle4023124

Thanks! :)

Conspire

ban me if i ask for another name change
Latios used Draco Meteor!
The foe's Deoxys-Defense lost 85% of its health!
Latios's Special Attack harshly fell!
The foe's Deoxys-Defense held up its Red Card against the foe's Deoxys-Defense!
Accelgor was dragged out!

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Pre-Contributor
If you switch a disguised Zoroark out to what it is disguised as, and it gets KO'd, your opponent sees it as Zoroark dying on the side (his sprite becomes faded on your mini-team under the avatar). Basically if you switch while you're still disguised, the game thinks Zoroark just died even though it didn't. Zoroark fakes his own death in a sense.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
If you switch a disguised Zoroark out to what it is disguised as, and it gets KO'd, your opponent sees it as Zoroark dying on the side (his sprite becomes faded on your mini-team under the avatar). Basically if you switch while you're still disguised, the game thinks Zoroark just died even though it didn't. Zoroark fakes his own death in a sense.
I'm not sure what you mean. Can you give a replay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)