Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not a game bug...but every time I'm prompted to enter my password, if I screw up and have to press backspace, my tab invariably freezes. No problems if I get it right, but as soon as backspace is pressed, it isn't happy.
I've encountered the same problem when I'm alt-hopping. Originally I thought it was because I was changing accounts multiple times in a row I was freezing it, but I tried it one isolated time when I hadn't changed in a while and, sure enough, upon hitting the last backspace for the password, it freezes up on me. It only comes off if I sit there for about twenty minutes.

Anyway, hoping that could be looked into.

there is no music when I play a match
Are your speakers muted? Is your volume muted? Is PS muted? Is your volume turned down really low? Are your speakers plugged in?

You should really post this in Technical Support. More information is needed to fix this "bug".

The HP Bar in the Stats Tab of the Teambuilder appears to have some sort of display bug. Despite having maximum EVs and being of a similar numerical value to another stat, the bar appears much smaller than it should be. It turns the right color (bright green), but it is only about 75% the size of another stat bar with the same number. This is more noticeable if you click on the tab to the EV distribution page.

For example, a 400 HP bar is displayed as roughly the same size as a 280 Attack Bar. This issue appears to be limited to the HP stat only, and the rest of the stat bars display the correct size with the respective numerical values.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
HP is calculated differently than the other stats (evident with a Pokemon with base 100 stats all around like Victini - 252 HP gives it 404 HP while 252 Attack gives it 299). The HP bar is scaled differently as a result.

Been having problems recently with the ladder overloading when I win a battle. I play mostly random battles and this is where I have the problems. Is this a bug or is the ladder actually messing up all the time?

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The ladder server is overloaded due to the sheer number of ratings it has to process. PS does, however, update your ranking when the ladder server comes back online, so there is no need to worry about it.

Facade seems bugged :/
Code:
Turn 6
Mienshao used Strength!
The foe's Teddiursa lost 15% of its health!
The foe's Teddiursa fainted!
Fragment: ALMOST MY ENTIRE TEAM IS WEAK TO FIGHTING
Fragment sent out Cinccino!
[B]Turn 7
The foe's Cinccino used Retaliate!
Mienshao lost 58% of its health!
Mienshao used Double Team!
Mienshao's Evasion rose!
Turn 8
The foe's Cinccino used Facade!
Mienshao lost 42% of its health!
Mienshao fainted![/B]

it's as strong as boosted retaliate for some reason
cinccino isn't status'd (the full log can be viewed in my sig, just click on KAKUNA)

Facade seems bugged :/
Code:
Turn 6
Mienshao used Strength!
The foe's Teddiursa lost 15% of its health!
The foe's Teddiursa fainted!
Fragment: ALMOST MY ENTIRE TEAM IS WEAK TO FIGHTING
Fragment sent out Cinccino!
[B]Turn 7
The foe's Cinccino used Retaliate!
Mienshao lost 58% of its health!
Mienshao used Double Team!
Mienshao's Evasion rose!
Turn 8
The foe's Cinccino used Facade!
Mienshao lost 42% of its health!
Mienshao fainted![/B]

it's as strong as boosted retaliate for some reason
cinccino isn't status'd (the full log can be viewed in my sig, just click on KAKUNA)
As I recall, retaliate isn't implemented yet, and always has a BP of 70. That's the issue, facade is fine.

Hey so this happened in my last match: I was battling a Mienshao, I used Protect to scout what it was gonna do, it chose to Hi Jump Kick and obviously missed. The thing is, the recoil effect activated twice.

Turn 23 has the problem

Double battles are now implemented and this place is going to be flooded with double battle bugs.

This is what i found. Not sure if its a bug but we dont want this happening in the future.
When the opponent's pokemon with the HP gauge that is above its partner's gets any boosts/drops it overlaps the HP percentage of it's partner so you can't see the excact percentage anymore. I don't know for sure if its one or two different boosts but i saw it when something Close Combat'ed and then the Spdef drop overlaps the HP percentage. I hope it gets fixed.

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Pre-Contributor
Doubles Bugs

First off, Zoroark. Illusion plays so much hell with doubles its unbelievable. I believe the bug in singles where the icon on the side shows zoroark as not dying is known? Well in doubles if you trigger the same bug it makes one poke on your side appear invisible to the opponent. Sorry I don't have the replay. Also there were shenanigans such as one poke changing into others once zoroark dies. I don't even know what was happening.

Also hp bars are cluttered as someone else mentioned. Perhaps we could have the bars and stat changes only when hovering?

Also stealth rocks don't work on the right pokemon. Don't know if that's a glitch, haven't played doubles on the cartridges.

EDIT: seems like you don't need to trigger the previous glitch, just have zoroark and the poke its disguised as out at the same time.

I just noticed yesterday that critical hits don't take into account reflect, and probably light screen. My Cloyster was using icicle spear when the opponent had light screen up. 4 of the attacks did 6% or 7% damage. One was a critical hit and did 29% damage. This has happened to me once before, but I didn't think of the reason until yesterday.

I keep getting this

Error: Ladder server overloaded - ladder could not be updated.
Error: Ladder server overloaded - ladder could not be updated.
I mean, I would be fine with one or two battles, but it seems like every time I manage to win, if my opponent leaves then I get this, other times when I win, and almost never when I lose, which I guess is bad uck but is getting to me already, any way to at least minimize this erros?

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The ladder always updates anyway. That message has no effect on your actual ranking, since every battle is counted, even when that message shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)