Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a bug on Assist that makes it a broken strategy on Balanced Hackmons: when picking up Outrage, Petal Dance or Trash the pokemon should be locked in the move for 2-3 turns and even gets confusion.
On PS!, instead, Assist works like Sleep Talk and once you used it and copied Outrage, you're able to use again Assist.
I fear this was left behind...

Eject button bug

Not sure if this has been mentioned (or if bugs for double battle are being worked on):

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesvgc2013dev6125064

On turn 5 my Hitmontop is OHKO'd by Reunculus. Then showdown triggers the eject button AFTER Hitmontop faints and forces me to switch in Tyranitar BEFORE Excadrill makes a move. In game if the pokemon holding eject button is KO'd before the button is ever triggered, the button never triggers and you switch in at end of turn just like if it were a normal KO.

Dusk209

No relation.
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pokemon Showdown allows users to enter the battle without any moves. While this is not problematic, it is inaccurate. I tried to make a pull request on github but failed due to the complete lack of user-friendliness in the system, so I'll just make a paste of the code here:

addition at line 646-648:
Code:
			if (!set.moves) {
				problems.push((set.name||set.species) + ' does not have any moves.');
			}

Drizzle + Swift Swim

Perhaps I am mistaken about this particular mechanic, but when playing VGC, I have brought in my Drizzle Politoed, which, to my knowledge, should activate swift swim; however, I am still getting outsped by things that, by my calculations, I shouldn't be. Most recently, My adamant, max atk / max speed kabutops (at level 50, the speed is at 132, which doubles to 264) was outsped by a Zapdos, which tops out at 251 speed (jolly / max speed: 167 x1.5 for a choice scarf = 250.5)

If move order is determined pre-turn and nothing else effects that, then this makes sense, but I thought that bringing the Drizzletoed in gives swift swimmers a boost then, which should allow my Kabutops to outspeed in this instance.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesvgc2013dev6137327

At turn 6, I've got my Garchomp with Sand Veil and a Tyranitar against a Clefable which has used Minimize and a Scrafty with no evasion modifiers.

I used EQ on Chomp -- and no Pokemon were hit. Tyranitar makes sense, as it used Protect, and Clefable used Minimize, and so makes sense. Scrafty was not hit in two/three turns of attacking and had no evasion modifiers.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Pokemon Showdown allows users to enter the battle without any moves. While this is not problematic, it is inaccurate. I tried to make a pull request on github but failed due to the complete lack of user-friendliness in the system, so I'll just make a paste of the code here:

addition at line 646-648:
Code:
			if (!set.moves) {
				problems.push((set.name||set.species) + ' does not have any moves.');
			}
Err, sending a pull request on Github involves clicking "edit", making edits, and then clicking "Make Pull Request". I'm not entirely sure how you would have trouble with that. :S

Anyway, fixed.

Perhaps I am mistaken about this particular mechanic, but when playing VGC, I have brought in my Drizzle Politoed, which, to my knowledge, should activate swift swim; however, I am still getting outsped by things that, by my calculations, I shouldn't be. Most recently, My adamant, max atk / max speed kabutops (at level 50, the speed is at 132, which doubles to 264) was outsped by a Zapdos, which tops out at 251 speed (jolly / max speed: 167 x1.5 for a choice scarf = 250.5)

If move order is determined pre-turn and nothing else effects that, then this makes sense, but I thought that bringing the Drizzletoed in gives swift swimmers a boost then, which should allow my Kabutops to outspeed in this instance.
Move order is determined when the turn starts (or at least it is in PS, I'd need Marty to confirm that that's correct).

The foe's Weezing used Sludge Bomb!
It's not very effective... Magcargo lost 22% of its health!
Magcargo's Air Balloon popped!
Magcargo used Fire Blast!
The foe's Weezing lost 56% of its health!
The foe's Weezing was hurt by its burn!
The foe's Weezing fainted!
MagShark27 sent out Kitsunoh!
The foe's Kitsunoh floats in the air with its Air Balloon!

I don't think kitsunoh should be in his team

The foe's Weezing used Sludge Bomb!
It's not very effective... Magcargo lost 22% of its health!
Magcargo's Air Balloon popped!
Magcargo used Fire Blast!
The foe's Weezing lost 56% of its health!
The foe's Weezing was hurt by its burn!
The foe's Weezing fainted!
MagShark27 sent out Kitsunoh!
The foe's Kitsunoh floats in the air with its Air Balloon!

I don't think kitsunoh should be in his team
What Tier/Metagame was this?

OK, I forgot to get the replay for this, but shouldn't Flash Fire always activate when the opponent uses a Fire-type move, regardless of whether it would have hit? What happened was I scouted my opponent's Typhlosion's Fire Blast with my Snover's Protect. Then, I switched to Rapidash, with Flash Fire, and Fire Blast missed Rapidash, and Flash Fire did not activate.

Dusk209

No relation.
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Err, sending a pull request on Github involves clicking "edit", making edits, and then clicking "Make Pull Request". I'm not entirely sure how you would have trouble with that. :S
When I click "Make Pull Request," github thinks I want to select EVERY commit I've ever made. I don't know how to make a pull request for a single commit instead of all of them.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader

Move order is determined when the turn starts (or at least it is in PS, I'd need Marty to confirm that that's correct).
Zarel is right, turn order is decided twice per turn; once after commands are input and once at the end of the turn to decide the order of end-of-turn effects. As an example, if during a turn in a Double Battle the fastest Pokemon paralyzes the Pokemon that would have moved second in turn order, that Pokemon will still move second in turn order because it was decided already.

However, at the end of the turn, assuming all Pokemon have Leftovers, that paralyzed Pokemon will receive healing from Leftovers last instead of second because it is now slower than everything else (assuming the other Pokemon are faster than 25% of the paralyzed Pokemon's Speed).

Basically if Politoed comes in during the turn instead of before it, Swift Swim will not affect turn order until the end of the turn.

In doubles, when Beat Up was targeted at the partner, but the partner gets knocked out first - Beat Up should fail instead of targeting a Pokémon on the other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)