Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting on behalf of a user who doesn't have a forum account:

DryEagle: basically, it was a challenge cup game
DryEagle: one of my pokes died, i clicked the next one
DryEagle: and was on the 'waiting for opponent' screen
DryEagle: and saw the inactivity timer in chat, assumed he was afk
DryEagle: it counted down and said i lose for inactive
DryEagle: when i was in fact waiting for him after picking a poke

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Currently water and electric attacks can miss when a Pokemon has Storm Drain or Lightning Rod which can't happen. Storm Drain will always absorb Hydro Pump. It becomes unmissable while that Pokemon is on the field. Although I used Protect that turn so that might have been the issue. In that case, it should still hit the protect but it didn't get redirected.

Edit: And in case the same issue exists for Flash Fire on PS, fire attacks cannot miss Flash Fire. I assume the same applies to Volt Absorb, Motor Drive, etc.

December the 30th. I've experienced the following bugs while playing a batton pass team:

1) When Vaporeon uses aqua ring, water absorb procs and prevents you from getting the benefis of the move.

2) Switched Mr. mime in to block Politoed's perish song. Three turns later, after the oponent switches Politoed out, I batton pass to another poke while the text "perish next turn" is being displayed. Then the receiver dies to perish song, when soundproof is intended to cancel perish song right from turn 1. (I checked just in case and Mr. Mime was running soundproof).

Thanks.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
December the 30th. I've experienced the following bugs while playing a batton pass team:

1) When Vaporeon uses aqua ring, water absorb procs and prevents you from getting the benefis of the move.

2) Switched Mr. mime in to block Politoed's perish song. Three turns later, after the oponent switches Politoed out, I batton pass to another poke while the text "perish next turn" is being displayed. Then the receiver dies to perish song, when soundproof is intended to cancel perish song right from turn 1. (I checked just in case and Mr. Mime was running soundproof).

Thanks.
Both of these bugs are now fixed, thank you.

Currently water and electric attacks can miss when a Pokemon has Storm Drain or Lightning Rod which can't happen. Storm Drain will always absorb Hydro Pump. It becomes unmissable while that Pokemon is on the field. Although I used Protect that turn so that might have been the issue. In that case, it should still hit the protect but it didn't get redirected.

Edit: And in case the same issue exists for Flash Fire on PS, fire attacks cannot miss Flash Fire. I assume the same applies to Volt Absorb, Motor Drive, etc.
The issue with Protect and those Abilities is now fixed, but for the moment the relevant moves can still miss the target. I'll update the list accordingly.

Safeguard + Swagger

Turn 2
PM6491 called Hydreigon back!
PM6491 sent out Cresselia!
The foe's Bronzong used Safeguard!
The foe's team became cloaked in a mystical veil!
The foe's Scrafty used Drain Punch!
It's not very effective... Cresselia lost 12% of its health!
Rotom-Wash used Thunder Wave!
Turn 3
PM6491 called Cresselia back!
PM6491 sent out Hydreigon!
The foe's Bronzong used Swagger!
The foe's Scrafty's Attack sharply rose!
The foe's Scrafty became confused!
The foe's Scrafty is confused!
The foe's Scrafty used Crunch!
A critical hit! It's not very effective... Hydreigon lost 87% of its health!
Rotom-Wash used Hydro Pump!
The foe's Bronzong lost 29% of its health!
The foe's Bronzong restored HP using its Leftovers!

Safeguard + Swagger not working?

In the event that both trainers final Pokemon faint simultaneously due to the ability Iron Barbs, the trainer who controls the Pokemon with Iron Barbs is supposed to be given the win (by in-game logic as well as every tournament that I've ever participated in). However, Showdown currently rules the game a tie. I imagine it also considers other events of simultaneous fainting as ties when they should not be considered as such, but this one has actually happened to me so I used it as an example.

I found a bug.

Turn 5
The foe's Salamence used Dragon Claw!
Deoxys-D lost 100% of its health!
Deoxys-D held up its Red Card against Deoxys-D!
Magnezone was dragged out!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Magnezone!
The foe's Magnezone is hurt by the spikes!
Deoxys-D fainted!
The foe's Magnezone's Moxie raised its Attack!

So epic.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Turn 6

The foe's Hitmontop used Close Combat!
Tyranitar ate its Chople Berry!
It's super effective! Tyranitar lost 81% of its health!
The foe's Hitmontop's Defense fell!
The foe's Hitmontop's Special Defense fell!
Metagross used Zen Headbutt!
It's super effective! The foe's Hitmontop lost 94% of its health!
The foe's Hitmontop is switched out with the Eject Button!
The foe's Hitmontop fainted!
Firestorm sent out Chandelure!
Tyranitar used Crunch!
A critical hit! The foe's Gastrodon lost 73% of its health!
The foe's Gastrodon fainted!
The sandstorm rages.
The foe's Chandelure is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Eject button shouldn't activate if the Pokemon faints.

Salamence used Outrage!
The foe's Infernape lost 88% of its health!
The foe's Infernape held up its Red Card against the foe's Infernape!
Volcarona was dragged out!
The foe's Infernape fainted!
Volcarona's Moxie raised its Attack!
MrSheridan sent out Ninjask!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Ninjask!
The foe's Ninjask fainted!

I don't think Volcarona has Moxie O_O.

Salamence used Outrage!
A critical hit! The foe's Jellicent lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Jellicent held up its Red Card against the foe's Jellicent!
Wobbuffet was dragged out!
Pointed stones dug into Wobbuffet!
Wobbuffet is hurt by the spikes!
The foe's Jellicent fainted!
Wobbuffet's Moxie raised its Attack!

As you can see, wobbuffet used salamences moxie.
Same thing happened to me. Here's a screencap.

Sally used D-Claw
Deoxys held Red Card
Cloyster was dragged out
Deoxys fainted
Cloyster's Moxie raised its attack

This might sound stupid but does the thing about thunder going through protect in rain work? It has never happened in any of my matches or the tests that i have done with my friends. It might be hax but i am just wondering.

breh

強いだね
In the event that both trainers final Pokemon faint simultaneously due to the ability Iron Barbs, the trainer who controls the Pokemon with Iron Barbs is supposed to be given the win (by in-game logic as well as every tournament that I've ever participated in). However, Showdown currently rules the game a tie. I imagine it also considers other events of simultaneous fainting as ties when they should not be considered as such, but this one has actually happened to me so I used it as an example.
I brought this up a while ago and Antar never fixed it for some reason.

@above that's only in gen 4

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This might sound stupid but does the thing about thunder going through protect in rain work? It has never happened in any of my matches or the tests that i have done with my friends. It might be hax but i am just wondering.
This is a bug exclusive to Japanese Diamond and Pearl, and is not present in BW2 at all.

Just tried a team with Round for the fun of it in the Doubles ladder only to find out that Round doesn't cause the partner of a faster 'mon to use it right after it (in this case Accelegor and Porygon-Z)

2 Things in random matches:

* Simple Bibarel against Mightyena, Intimidate activated and Bibarel was at -1, Bibarel used Curse and Raised Atk to +0, Def to +2 and Speed to -2 instead of Atk +1.
* Meloetta used Relic Song against a Substitute and didn't transform, not sure if that's a bug but looks like it.

2 Things in random matches:

* Simple Bibarel against Mightyena, Intimidate activated and Bibarel was at -1, Bibarel used Curse and Raised Atk to +0, Def to +2 and Speed to -2 instead of Atk +1.
* Meloetta used Relic Song against a Substitute and didn't transform, not sure if that's a bug but looks like it.
Since Simple doubles stat drops, Mightyena's Intimidate lowered the Bibarel's attack to -2 initially.

I noticed something in Hackmons...
No guard affects One Hit KO moves. In the real games, OKHO moves are NOT affected by No Guard... can somebody explain to me if this is a bug or if it was done on purpose? Those Deoxys-Speed Formes with Sheer Cold and No Guard realy get annoying...

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I noticed something in Hackmons...
No guard affects One Hit KO moves. In the real games, OKHO moves are NOT affected by No Guard... can somebody explain to me if this is a bug or if it was done on purpose? Those Deoxys-Speed Formes with Sheer Cold and No Guard realy get annoying...
That is wrong. Why would you say that if you've never tested it?

While it's true that OHKO moves aren't affected by accuracy multipliers, they are affected by accuracy bypassers like No Guard and Mind Reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)