Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I try to get onto Pokemon Showdown's main server, I get a message from CloudFlare saying that the website is currently unreachable/offline. A 502 Proxy error occurs when I try to go on other servers besides the main one. Am I the only one who is experiencing this problem or is this a server-side issue, and is there anything I can do to get around this if it is just my computer?
It's not just you. I'm getting the same thing. It might be related to the crash last night.

Shame That

TAKE IT ALL OR LEAVE IT
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When I try to get onto Pokemon Showdown's main server, I get a message from CloudFlare saying that the website is currently unreachable/offline. A 502 Proxy error occurs when I try to go on other servers besides the main one. Am I the only one who is experiencing this problem or is this a server-side issue, and is there anything I can do to get around this if it is just my computer?
This is indeed affecting multiple users. Showdown seems to be inaccessible for anyone who was not already on the server before the crash, which started locking out any user who exited / refreshed.

Yup looks like we are down again.. Hopefully it doesn't take as long as last time did. :(

I have the same problem :c

Hey, here to report a minor thing in gen 4 ou beta, when playing earlier I was using a rotom-h and since it used to be an electric ghost not electric fire, it's typing showed up as electric fire for my opponent, causing them to predict wrongly. It's not that that's made me report this bug though, it's more for new players to gen 4 ou, the rotom form type change is not clear, so can someone try and sort the type display when you hover over the rotom formes?
Backing this up.

Also, I found that Life Orb recoil still happens when hitting a Pokemon behind a Substitute.

Dell

majestic pride.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah that's just fucking disgraceful... the timer should not arbitrarily have the same effect on both players if one of them already initiated their move (assuming No Luck Involved actually did this and I'm pretty sure that this was the case), especially considering that the opposing player did leave.

Please find a solution to fix this; what a horrible way to potentially claim unearned victories.

I'm going to assume that this is a bug:

Earlier playing hackmons a player had used trick to give my Ferrothorn a choice band. My Ferrothorn carries magic bounce, and, naturally, later in the game I switched it in to reflect Spore and roar out my opponent's Giratina. However, due to reflecting Spore, Choice Band proceeded to lock me into Spore. I can only assume that this is a bug.

I saved a replay of the battle here: http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/hackmons-16712561

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Whenever I'm on one account and I get kicked from the server for whatever reason, when I log back on I always cannot reconnect using the name I got kicked with. This is extremely frustrating as I lose games which I could have easily won. It comes up with the text "Someone is already using the name ____."

Screenshot for reference.

Didn't see this in the known bugs section, so I might as well mention that toxic is wrong in gen1. In gen1, it's supposed to revert back to normal poison once you switch out, but currently it doesn't.

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
In the replay that MikeDec showed, at turn 26, Rhydon dies before Chansey gets to move. With proper mechanics, this should result in Chansey not being able to move, but in the replay, Chansey gets to move despite the foe having died previously that turn. This is a bug.

The reason why Recover failed in that particular replay though, is that Starmie had (Max HP - 255) current HP. Starmie has 323 HP and had 22% when Recover failed. 323*0,78 is ~251 and 323*0,79 is ~255 (slightly above), which given how the rounding works on PS!, means that Starmie could and most probably had 68 HP (which is 323-255) at the time of using Recover. Therefore, Recover failing in that instance is not a bug.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
This has been fixed. Sorry about it. :(
I'm just speculating here, but couldn't this allow a player to stall indefinitely? He could just leave the room, wait a bit, rejoin (thus having the timer reset), and repeat. Might it be better to have the timer run only for one side, but reset for the other?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I'm just speculating here, but couldn't this allow a player to stall indefinitely? He could just leave the room, wait a bit, rejoin (thus having the timer reset), and repeat. Might it be better to have the timer run only for one side, but reset for the other?
What's "this"? Rejoining doesn't reset the timer.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Healing moves failing is not a bug, as for the others I'm puzzled for they usted to work correctly... In fact I tested fainting this morning. I'll work on this gen 1 issues.

When I tried to play gen1, it won't let me using Surf on Lapras despite being legal, after all, Lapras is used for transporting people right ? I loved surfing on Lapras when I played RBY :p.
Hydro pump is fine though.

some player use a chandelure with shadow tag in OU duel, and i was can escape 3 times (lucario, heatran, ferrothorn)

sorry for my bad english

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
some player use a chandelure with shadow tag in OU duel, and i was can escape 3 times (lucario, heatran, ferrothorn)

sorry for my bad english
That wasn't a Shadow Tag Chandelure.

Shadow Tag Chandelure is unreleased and so isn't even legal in OU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)