Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often ladder and at some point find myself at rating R_1. At some point later, having lost no games, I find myself at rating R_2, a rating less than R_1. This happens even if I haven't lost a single game on the alt. This seems either like a problem with the Glicko system (why would your rating go down after winning games?) or a problem with the PS Ladder.

Aelita

Return To The Past, Now~
is a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
I was just in a Random Battle, and got a Venusaur with 3 moves. It had Overgrow and the item Black Sludge, and it had Leech Seed, Power Whip and Sludge Bomb, if I recall correctly. I forgot to screenshot it. It'd be nice if that was fixed.

I often ladder and at some point find myself at rating R_1. At some point later, having lost no games, I find myself at rating R_2, a rating less than R_1. This happens even if I haven't lost a single game on the alt. This seems either like a problem with the Glicko system (why would your rating go down after winning games?) or a problem with the PS Ladder.
iirc after a certain number of games played (15?) your rating is automatically lowered

I apologize for breaking a rule. I read the OP, but I felt that some attention should be brought to this bug.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent-35730274

Zoroark pretends to be Garchomp and takes 93% damage. The player using Zoroark then switches out, and I eventually get down 1 layer of Spikes. Later, the actual Garchomp comes in for the first time and gets OHKO'd by Spikes because it only had the same percentage of HP as Zoroark.

This is just utterly nasty and should never happen.

I apologize for breaking a rule. I read the OP, but I felt that some attention should be brought to this bug.

Zoroark pretends to be Garchomp and takes 93% damage. The player using Zoroark then switches out, and I eventually get down 1 layer of Spikes. Later, the actual Garchomp comes in for the first time and gets OHKO'd by Spikes because it only had the same percentage of HP as Zoroark.

Looking at the replay I'd say that he never used the real Garchomp

ubers tier wont let me enter a team with arcues fighting because it knows judgement. is there any way this can be fixed? arceus is holding a fist plate spelled properly but will not allow me to battle because of the move judgement

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
He forfieted before he sent out "Zoroark," therefore nothing can be determined. Spikes don't get rid of Illusion btw.

I never said otherwise. As I've said, Garchomp was one-shotted by a layer of Spikes. It seems to have mirrored Zoroark's HP percentage, which makes no sense.
Garchomp never came out, your opponent forfeited with 5 pokemon down and Garchomp at full health

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Looking at the replay I'd say that he never used the real Garchomp

Just wanted to point out that whether or not the garchomp that was sent out is a zoroark or not, garchomp was the one that was shown to be fainted when zoroark/garchomp was sent out, not zoroark. This means that either

1) that garchomp was in fact the real garchomp.

or

2) there was a display error, zoroark was the one that died to spikes damage, but because the illusion was never broken when zoroark came back in, PS was tricked into thinking it was the real garchomp that fainted, greying out the opponent's garchomp while the fainted zoroark was still displayed to be alive, although it had already gone down while being under illusion's effect.

Either way there was something odd happening in that match regarding zoroark's illusion ability.

This means that either

1) that garchomp was in fact the real garchomp.

or

2) there was a display error, zoroark was the one that died to spikes damage, but because the illusion was never broken when zoroark came back in, PS was tricked into thinking it was the real garchomp that fainted, greying out the opponent's garchomp while the fainted zoroark was still displayed to be alive, although it had already gone down while being under illusion's effect.
I can guarantee that is 2), when there's a Zorua/Zoroark this thing happens almost everytime

Whimsicott is currently able to use Switcheroo and Encore on the same set, and I only just now discovered by looking at the Smogon analysis that it's an illegal combination.

whenever i'm holding backspace in any password field (for logging in but also for registering), it freezes for about a minute when there's one letter left to backspace. I can't switch battle/room tabs, press options button, nothing. I'm using Google Chrome on Windows 7, if that matters.

because my explanation is shit:

Hey, here to report a minor thing in gen 4 ou beta, when playing earlier I was using a rotom-h and since it used to be an electric ghost not electric fire, it's typing showed up as electric fire for my opponent, causing them to predict wrongly. It's not that that's made me report this bug though, it's more for new players to gen 4 ou, the rotom form type change is not clear, so can someone try and sort the type display when you hover over the rotom formes?
Backing this up.
Bumping this too. I have Rotom-W on my DPP OU team and it has since been hit with Explosion, Brick Break and Earthquake. I'll pass on the Earthquake cause the guy probably didn't know Rotom has Levitate, but I suspect that the Electric/Water typing might have misled some of my opponents.

Here're some screenshots:

Pikachuun

It's something to do with typing changes not displaying properly. The sim is probably coded in a specific way to reflect only specific typings for each Pokemon and forme (why it would be coded this way I don't know); I don't know for certain though.

tehy

Banned deucer.
You have 230 seconds to make your decision.

This is the part where i should've saved the replay to prove it, but i swear to god that it was in a rated battle. It was kind of a function of lag, because the timer basically almost kind of started after I won. So yeah, this may be a bug of some form, although it also might be totally irrelevant.

Pikachuun

In regards to this old post:

I have emulated similar conditions using Espeon and Ferrothorn to set up Spikes on my side reliably. The other 2 Pokemon are the same, Zoroark and Garchomp. It was, in fact, a display error as I suspected. You can see the replay here, and Zoroark getting knocked out is shown on Turn 5. (Aura Sphere was used on Espeon instead of HP Fighting to save time, as Aura Sphere's more powerful than HP Fighting.)

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chieliee said:
whenever i'm holding backspace in any password field (for logging in but also for registering), it freezes for about a minute when there's one letter left to backspace. I can't switch battle/room tabs, press options button, nothing. I'm using Google Chrome on Windows 7, if that matters.
Yeah, this is particularly annoying for those of us that have a really long password that's easy to screw up like myself. I also use Google Chrome on Windows 7.

When using a choiced bouncer, if the Pokemon bounces back a move that it already has in its moveset, the Pokemon will be locked into that move the following turn without selecting it itself. Not entirely sure if it works like this in game, but it could be a bug as much as it couldn't be one.

Untitledglitchpgb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)