Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
In the replay, it shows them as two separate turns. Volt Switch should fail when it hits a Lightningrod user.

Reactions: KM
when i opened ps my team was erased, even after i backed the team up. if this isnt the place to bring this up, please guide me to the right thread

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-53432828 (skip to turn 9)

Turn 9:
Dragonite 76%

Landorus-Therian used Hidden Power!
It's super effective! The foe's Dragonite lost 52.8% of its health!

The foe's Dragonite used Dragon Dance!
The foe's Dragonite's Attack rose!
The foe's Dragonite's Speed rose!

Turn 10:
Dragonite 23%

The foe's Dragonite used Roost!
The foe's Dragonite regained health!

Dragonite 73%

Landorus-Therian used Hidden Power!
A critical hit! It's super effective! The foe's Dragonite lost 48.2% of its health!

So it seems that the server thought that Dragonite was at Multiscale when it really wasn't. I'm not sure if this happens often (I've never seen it before) but just thought I would bring it to someone's attention.

Hi guys. The same error happened to me twice, and for what I read, it's not a known bug yet.
Happened as follows:

I was battling against an opponent with Shadow Tag >>> I tried to switch >>> error message warning me I can't (duh) >>> no interface options to do anything, besides "wait for my opponent" and wait for the timer to run out.
I got two screenshots from the battles (one with a raging player and the other more civilized).
Hope it can be fixed soon, or it's just me not dealing right with things.
Untitled-1.jpg Untitled-2.jpg

Found a moveslot problem with Gothorita.
When I tried to use a shadow tag Goth w/ moves: imprison, rest, heal bell, toxic (clever ik), I got a message telling me that imprison was incompatible with another move. This doesn't make sense, however, as you can see here that shadow tag definitely should be allowed with imprison. Here we can see that Goth gets rest, heal bell and toxic either from move tutors or from TMs so these moves should not cause a compatibility issue.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So, I experienced a really weird bug with Speed. A +1 Dragonite outsped my Choice Scarf + Tailwind Timid Politoed.

Turn 30

Tornadus used Tailwind!
The tailwind blew from behind your team!
The foe's Dragonite used Outrage!
Tornadus lost 62.9% of its health!
Tornadus fainted!
The foe's Dragonite's rampage ended!
The foe's Dragonite became confused!
You have 150 seconds to make your decision.
Go! Politoed!
Turn 31
Chou Toshio: Scarf + Tailwind Toed Ice Beam coming your way
The foe's Dragonite is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!

Politoed used Ice Beam!
It's super effective! The foe's Dragonite lost 17% of its health!
The foe's Dragonite fainted!
Chou Toshio won the battle!
Ladder updating...

Obviously, Scarf + Tailwind Politoed cannot be outsped by a +1 Dragonite. Obviously though, Dragonite hit itself in confusion before Politoed could attack.

Here is the replay: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-53754630

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
It is possible to win by forfeiting, through a very specific series of events.

Process: Both players must leave (Your foe must also be defined as p1 in the battle), then you must rejoin and then leave again. Get someone else to join, and then rejoin. With any luck, your perspective will be reversed (Your opponent is you and vice versa). Forfeit, and you'll get a message similar to: "Blarginson forfeited. Blarginson won the battle!"

I'll put the replay in this post when I'm not on my phone.

EDIT: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/customgame-54401875

Last edited:
This isn't a huge problem because you can only join a battle from a perspective other than your own in unrated battles, but it's being looked into anyways.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
<Aromatisse> http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-55161015
<TIBot> ccjl vs LovingYourBooty | Ubers | Rated
<Aromatisse> Mild error with Explosion on turn 4, doesn't seem to have affected the battle though
<Aromatisse> TheImmortal, do you think you could look in to that?
<TheImmortal> k
<victini> not sure why that parse error came out
<victini> even though the message still ended up being displayed
<Aromatisse> Oh!
<Aromatisse> it appears that Arceus's move never happened that turn
<victini> "But there was no target..."
<victini> basically Arceus tried to use earthquake on a dead enemy
<Aromatisse> well it happened, but the display of the move is where the error is I guess
<Aromatisse> it should have still said "Arceus used Earthquake!"
<Aromatisse> but because Genesect was gone it messed up
<victini> I think I can see the bug now
<victini> |move|p2a: Arceus|Earthquake|p1: Genesect|[notarget]
<victini> It shold be p1a: Genesect
<victini> well
<victini> or maybe it shouldn't, because earthquake affects everyone
<victini> but that would be a parser error then
<victini> ZARLE--

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
So, I experienced a really weird bug with Speed. A +1 Dragonite outsped my Choice Scarf + Tailwind Timid Politoed.

Turn 30

Tornadus used Tailwind!
The tailwind blew from behind your team!
The foe's Dragonite used Outrage!
Tornadus lost 62.9% of its health!
Tornadus fainted!
The foe's Dragonite's rampage ended!
The foe's Dragonite became confused!
You have 150 seconds to make your decision.
Go! Politoed!
Turn 31
Chou Toshio: Scarf + Tailwind Toed Ice Beam coming your way
The foe's Dragonite is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!

Politoed used Ice Beam!
It's super effective! The foe's Dragonite lost 17% of its health!
The foe's Dragonite fainted!
Chou Toshio won the battle!
Ladder updating...

Obviously, Scarf + Tailwind Politoed cannot be outsped by a +1 Dragonite. Obviously though, Dragonite hit itself in confusion before Politoed could attack.

Here is the replay: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-53754630
ExtremeSpeed

I've run into a really nasty bug that is costing me matches... My Alakazam keeps getting outsped by stuff it should clearly not be such as the Lati twins, Espeon, and Starmie. It's the typical Focus Sash Alakazam with max speed (Timid nature) with Encore instead of HP Ice as my only means of dealing with sub CM Latias/Jirachi.

Here's a pic for proof:

And yet this keeps happening:

Turn 11

The foe's Latios used Surf!
Alakazam lost 67.1% of its health!
The foe's Latios lost some of its HP!

Alakazam used Signal Beam!
It's super effective! The foe's Latios lost 3.0% of its health!

The foe's Latios fainted!

Why am I outsped by a LO Latios when I'm max speed (my opponent never used Tailwind)?? Here's the replay log: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-55603581

At first I just ignored this issue since I thought it would just fix itself but this has happened enough times for me to finally post about it (as you can tell by my post count I hardly post in the first place).

I'll post more evidence of this happening as I go along just in case if just one occurrence isn't enough evidence. This is getting extremely infuriating.

God damn it can't believe it took me 3 full days to realize that. *facepalm*

Well I'm glad that issue is solved. Thanks! :)

I have a bug to report as well ( I think it's a bug )

This was the situation: My Choice Specs Keldeo vs his Rhyperior (solid rock)
I used Hydro Pump , and he had a Passho Berry, and did 0 % ?????
He was like: I have a Passho Berry and Solid Rock, and the percentage was rounded down, that's why it did 0 %
But I calced it: (assuming he was the tank set)

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Passho Berry Solid Rock Rhyperior: 499-589 (115.24 - 136.02%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I was like wtf, I don't know what this is, but something is wrong, so thats why I'm here : )

This is an indirect result of me screwing around with the new Gen 6 stuff, but I just tried something, and got a different error message than the usual one when trying to enter a battle with a gen 6 team plus Politoed

I got the usual "THIS POKEMON DOES NOT EXIST" stuff, but PS! also gave me a strange one on top of it.

"You are limited to one of each pokemon by Species Clause. (You have more than one Malamar)"

Despite PS! kicking me out of the match finder anyway for having illegal mons, it appears as if program somehow mistook Politoed for an additional Malamar, as it gave me a normal "Does not exist" error for everyone except Malamar and Politoed, who were apparently only banned because they were somehow both Malamar.

I've found one:
Grass Gem, and I would guess all other gems, take affect on status moves. For instance, I was using a Grass Gem Lilligant and the Grass Gem was used when I used Sleep Powder.

I just lost because of a bug. Dugtrio with arena trap VS Skarmory with iron ball, passed using trick. He JUST switched out! Not supposed to happen. My team depends completely on passing iron ball at a point. I'm mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)