Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this was reported yet or not, but Counter seems to be broken in Doubles; it seems to be randomly targeting.

1st Counter: my Chansey was supposed to Counter a Mamoswine's Earthquake, but it instead went for the opposing Kangaskhan (which protected itself).
2nd Counter: The next turn Kangaskhan hit Chansey with Hammer Arm and Mamoswine attacked the partner Pokemon, but it Countered Mamoswine anyway (which still did damage and KO'd it).

Apparently the damage calculations for Counter are working fine, but it needs to be coded to hit the last Pokemon in the turn that hit the user with a physical move. Chansey would've KO'd two Pokemon and won me the match if it weren't for this.

This may or may not also apply to Mirror Coat.

Replay here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/xybattlespotdoublesbeta-70804942

(Stupid question: In the actual game, if Chansey's partner Pokemon hits it with a physical move last in the turn, does Chansey Counter the partner? Or does it prioritize and/or only Counter the opposing side? This may be relevant in fixing Counter's coding.)

Last edited:
So I just got this bug in which I tried to switch out my Jirachi against a Magnezone (just in case it wasn't Magnet Pull) and was then unable to do anything whatsoever and had to watch the timer slowly count down to my defeat. This isn't the first time it's happened and I have an image saved of it happening previously in a different situation with Shadow Tag. Here's the screencaps of what happened:

View attachment 5200
I've had this happen quite a few times now. I'm winning and then I'm forced to lose because I can't do anything at all. I use a move but it says "waiting for opponent" and then the other player starts up the inactivity timer. Unfortunately by the time I notice that things aren't working the match has already ended and the other player has left. I've now lost I think 3 or 4 matches due to this issue. Glad to know I'm not the only one who has experienced it.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Sky Drop is bugged in a couple ways:

-It should not damage flying/levitating pokemon. My Rotom-W was sky dropped two days ago and took damage, but it shouldn't
-According to friends who play the cart (lucariojr), Sky Drop in Gen VI does not work on Pokemon that are heavier than the user.

Edit @level-51: that was fixed like ten months ago, is it broken again?

KNOWN BUGS

- Mold Breaker doesn't always interact correctly (for instance, against Unaware)
- Covet and Thief don't steal items if the target faints.

Known Bugs in Doubles:
- Abilities activate as each Pokemon switches in from fainted ones instead of after all switches.
- Two-turn moves can select a different target on each turn.
- Counter, Mirror Coat, and Metal Burst can hit the wrong opponent.
- Ally Switch is not implemented.

NOT BUGS

- Sheer Force prevents Life Orb recoil only when using moves that have a secondary effect removed by Sheer Force
- Speed Boost does not activate on the turn you switch in: yes, this is different from most other abilities/items that activate at the end of a turn.
- If Fake Out didn't cause a flinch, your opponent probably had Shield Dust or Inner Focus
- Wish doesn't take effect if the pokemon in its place faints the turn it would've healed it
- Wonder Guard is not an immunity: Shedinja is not immune to Ground: it takes damage from Spikes. Shedinja is not immune to Poison: it is still affected by Toxic
- That Pokemon taking incorrect hazard damage is probably a Zoroark (which is a Dark, not a Bug, lolololol)
- Payback boosts damage for moving second, whether or not damage was taken. Also, in Gen V, its power is not doubled if the opponent switches.
- Pursuit will deal double damage immediately before any switch-out, as long as Pursuit has not been used at regular priority yet. This includes U-turn and Volt Switch, but not Baton Pass.
- Sucker Punch fails if the target uses a faster priority move
- Illusion, Balloon, Destiny Bond, Wonder Guard, etc only take effect if the damage was from a move, not an indirect effect such as entry hazards, Poison damage, etc.
- Destiny Bond lasts until the move user makes another move (or would've made another move, if not for confusion or Truant or a similar effect).
- Focus Sash and Sturdy affect all move damage (including static damage moves like Final Gambit, Seismic Toss, SonicBoom, and Counter).
- Outrage/Thrash/Petal Dance can be stopped during effect and not cause confusion if Protect/Detect is used on the second turn of a three-turn duration.
- Rapid Spin does not remove hazards if the user faints from Iron Barbs/Rough Skin/Rocky Helmet damage.

AN OVERVIEW OF HOW DAMAGE WORKS

There are three types of damage: Move damage, residual damage, and direct damage.

Most abilities, moves, and items that affect damage will only affect one type of damage: either move damage or residual damage. There are zero effects that apply to direct damage. The only effect that applies to both move and residual damage is Heatproof.

Examples of move damage:
- damage dealt, during a move that hits, to the target(s) of a Physical or Special move
- includes static damage: Final Gambit, Seismic Toss, SonicBoom, and Counter
- does not include the secondary target of Flame Burst (which would be residual damage)

Examples of direct damage:
- hurting yourself in confusion
- damaging yourself during Substitute, Curse, Belly Drum, or Struggle (but not the damage to your opponent, if applicable)
- does NOT include other forms of recoil (which would be residual damage)

Examples of residual damage:
- all other damage
- includes recoil, poison/burn, Leech Seed, weather, hazards, damage from abilities, damage from items...

Things that affect move damage only:
- Wonder Guard
- Sturdy, Focus Sash, Focus Band, Endeavor
- Illusion, Balloon, Destiny Bond

Things that affect residual damage only:
- Magic Guard
- most other effects only affect specific types of residual damage, such as: Poison Heal (poison damage), Rock Head (recoil damage)
KNOWN BUGS

- Mold Breaker doesn't always interact correctly (for instance, against Unaware)
- Covet and Thief don't steal items if the target faints.

Known Bugs in Doubles:
- Abilities activate as each Pokemon switches in from fainted ones instead of after all switches.
- Two-turn moves can select a different target on each turn.
- Counter, Mirror Coat, and Metal Burst can hit the wrong opponent.
- Ally Switch is not implemented.

NOT BUGS

- Sheer Force prevents Life Orb recoil only when using moves that have a secondary effect removed by Sheer Force
- Speed Boost does not activate on the turn you switch in: yes, this is different from most other abilities/items that activate at the end of a turn.
- If Fake Out didn't cause a flinch, your opponent probably had Shield Dust or Inner Focus
- Wish doesn't take effect if the pokemon in its place faints the turn it would've healed it
- Wonder Guard is not an immunity: Shedinja is not immune to Ground: it takes damage from Spikes. Shedinja is not immune to Poison: it is still affected by Toxic
- That Pokemon taking incorrect hazard damage is probably a Zoroark (which is a Dark, not a Bug, lolololol)
- Payback boosts damage for moving second, whether or not damage was taken. Also, in Gen V, its power is not doubled if the opponent switches.
- Pursuit will deal double damage immediately before any switch-out, as long as Pursuit has not been used at regular priority yet. This includes U-turn and Volt Switch, but not Baton Pass.
- Sucker Punch fails if the target uses a faster priority move
- Illusion, Balloon, Destiny Bond, Wonder Guard, etc only take effect if the damage was from a move, not an indirect effect such as entry hazards, Poison damage, etc.
- Destiny Bond lasts until the move user makes another move (or would've made another move, if not for confusion or Truant or a similar effect).
- Focus Sash and Sturdy affect all move damage (including static damage moves like Final Gambit, Seismic Toss, SonicBoom, and Counter).
- Outrage/Thrash/Petal Dance can be stopped during effect and not cause confusion if Protect/Detect is used on the second turn of a three-turn duration.
- Rapid Spin does not remove hazards if the user faints from Iron Barbs/Rough Skin/Rocky Helmet damage.

AN OVERVIEW OF HOW DAMAGE WORKS

There are three types of damage: Move damage, residual damage, and direct damage.

Most abilities, moves, and items that affect damage will only affect one type of damage: either move damage or residual damage. There are zero effects that apply to direct damage. The only effect that applies to both move and residual damage is Heatproof.

Examples of move damage:
- damage dealt, during a move that hits, to the target(s) of a Physical or Special move
- includes static damage: Final Gambit, Seismic Toss, SonicBoom, and Counter
- does not include the secondary target of Flame Burst (which would be residual damage)

Examples of direct damage:
- hurting yourself in confusion
- damaging yourself during Substitute, Curse, Belly Drum, or Struggle (but not the damage to your opponent, if applicable)
- does NOT include other forms of recoil (which would be residual damage)

Examples of residual damage:
- all other damage
- includes recoil, poison/burn, Leech Seed, weather, hazards, damage from abilities, damage from items...

Things that affect move damage only:
- Wonder Guard
- Sturdy, Focus Sash, Focus Band, Endeavor
- Illusion, Balloon, Destiny Bond

Things that affect residual damage only:
- Magic Guard
- most other effects only affect specific types of residual damage, such as: Poison Heal (poison damage), Rock Head (recoil damage)

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-vgc2014beta-71244897 < proof in this battle on Pokemonshowdown's main server that sky drop isn't working properly... also meowstic-f is apperently allowed in VGC 2014 because its not in kalos dex.. i figured it just wasn't programed correctly.. honestly the use of it is pretty dumb.. but its the fact that it's not added that bugs me. Please fix these as fast as you can. The sky drop one is more important to me as i use Hawlucha with sky drop in every battle and its making me want to forget about the server and play on my cartridge. I have a huge respect for the Pokmonshowdown website and have used it for nearly a year. It is just disheartening knowing i can't use my favorite pokemon the way i want to play with it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/storm-pokebankoubeta-1214

Turn 27, I use Hyper Voice (a sound move) with my Mega Gardevoir, and it doesn't go through the substitute(which it normally should.) Mega Gardevoir has Pixilate, which turns normal moves to fairy type with a 33% increase in power, yet it still lists it as justified, but Hyper Voice was still Super Effective against Terrakion, which it normally would be with Pixilate.

Pic of Justified ability when it should be Pixilate:

Kangaskhan in fact doesn't learn Knock Off. It gets it on Showdown which is incorrect and should be fixed.

Source:
http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/kangaskhan

I tested this myself ingame as well on Pokémon Platinum. This mistake has been going around various sites for years I'm assuming and nobody noticed until now. I got it fixed on Pokemon Online already too, hopefully Showdown will follow.

On the RBY simulator, crits don't ignore reflect. In games, they do. You can test this by using Persian's slash against any Alakazam with reflect. It should do 70%+ despite the reflect, yet on showdown it only does 35% or so.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Intimidate Glitch - at the end of turn 26, both players brought in Landorus-T to replace their fainted Pokemon. In such a scenario (when both players bring out an Intimidate Pokemon after one of their Pokemon faints at the same time), the Landorus-T are sent out at the same time, so both Pokemon should take the Intimidate Attack drop. However, Showdown! makes one Landorus-T the "faster switch," protecting the slower Landorus-T from the Intimidate's attack drop.

please fix Zarel, Joim, The Immortal - it's a pretty big flaw in the mechanics that can affect the outcome of doubles / vgc games.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Pocket it's a known bug (and a difficult one to fix iirc), can you post it on my to-do list so I have it there when I'm back from holidays?

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Land's Wrath attacks both Pokemon in doubles (as it should), but still makes you choose a target when you select it, then attacks both. Doesn't affect the battle, but it is a low-priority bug.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is just a visual glitch, but on both turn 10 and 11 my krookodile's ability turned to mummy, it might be a side affect from haze but im pretty sure its not

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5randombattle-71704598

edit: btw, im not a bad player, i stayed locked into pursuit cuz non of my team wanted to switch in and krook was death fodder

Edit2: unrelated:
im not too sure whether this is a glitch or an incredible coincidence but lately, in randbats, ive been getting one pokemon the same as the opponent. This sounds like im a noob, but it sereously has been happening

Last edited:
This bug really confused me at first, but I think this is how it went down:
  1. Opponent switches in what I believe to be a Zorua, it takes the appearance of Rattata.
  2. I Whirlwind on the switch-in (same turn) and out comes what I believe to be the real Rattata.
  3. At this point, the opponent's team preview changes -- Minccino is now gone and he has a Zorua and two Rattatas.
  4. He swaps in Zorua -- it should take the appearance of Rattata once again, but Illusion does not activate.
  5. I Toxic Zorua and then Whirlwind it out.
  6. After some normal battling, he swaps Zorua (tox) back in. It takes the appearance of Rattata. I stall and defeat it.
  7. He swaps in his actual Rattata.
He forfeits before we see what would happen if he swapped Minccino in, but I assume the preview would glitch again in some strange way.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankoubeta-71790088

I'm not 100% sure on this one, so if someone could clarify that'd be great. Using veekun didn't really give me an answer for this one.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankoubeta-71830648

Turn 14- Opposing Kingdra uses Focus Energy, gains stat boost to crit ratio.
Turn 15- My Imposter Ditto comes in, but unlike most stat changes does not copy the Focus Energy buff.

Do changes to crit ratio not count as stat changes in the same way standard boosts do, or is this a bug? If I get a chance later I'll try testing it in-game.

I checked the OP and searched for magic bounce, but didn't find anything relating to it. I'm also not sure if it's a real bug or intended. I've checked smogon and bulbapedia for more about it, but they're not very helpful.

Here's the situation: I got a choice scarf tricked onto my Xatu. Later in the game, I predict a thunder wave so I bring in Xatu to reflect it. Xatu is now choice-locked onto thunder wave despite me not using it. Is this a bug, or is this intended?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankoubeta-72465900

I was trying to use the following assist team, only to find that assist does not work correctly with Roar. I should not have made any mistakes, right? Or does GF change the mechanics of assist?

Liepard @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Substitute
- Assist

Arceus-Poison @ Toxic Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Sleep Talk
- Protect
- Endure

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
- Dragon Tail
- Roar
- Protect

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Transform

Mewtwo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Me First
- Mimic
- Counter
- Trick

Sableye @ Flame Orb
Impish Nature
- Mimic
- Thief
- Trick
- Protect

I was just in an NU battle when i noticed that when i used superpower on my defiant braviary, defense and attack went down, but no attack was boosted. Is that a bug or is there something i did wrong?

I was just in an NU battle when i noticed that when i used superpower on my defiant braviary, defense and attack went down, but no attack was boosted. Is that a bug or is there something i did wrong?

Defiant

Description
Whenever an attack by an opposing Pokemon or an ability from an opposing Pokemon causes a stat stage of the wielder to be reduced, its Attack is raised by 2 stages. Defiant triggers once for each different stat stage reduced.

I was trying to use the following assist team, only to find that assist does not work correctly with Roar. I should not have made any mistakes, right? Or does GF change the mechanics of assist?

Liepard @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Substitute
- Assist

Arceus-Poison @ Toxic Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Sleep Talk
- Protect
- Endure

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
- Dragon Tail
- Roar
- Protect

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Transform

Mewtwo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Me First
- Mimic
- Counter
- Trick

Sableye @ Flame Orb
Impish Nature
- Mimic
- Thief
- Trick
- Protect

Yeah the mechanics were changed this gen. Assist doesn't copy Roar/Dragon Tail/Whirlwind anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)