Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalkTakesTime

as shallow as a plate of cereal
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dexsearch seems to be bugged when using "!". I'm not too sure how to explain it but an example is

/dexsearch !hidden power, harden gives Beautifly, Beedrill, Butterfree, Cascoon, Dustox, Kakuna, Metapod, Silcoon, Spewpa, Vivillon
while /dexsearch harden, !hidden power gives Cascoon, Kakuna, Metapod, Silcoon, Spewpa

When the ! one came first, the evolutions of the Pokemon (which can learn Hidden Power) appeared even though they shouldn't...
Should be fixed on next restart.

So this just happened http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-90106923 (skip to turn 33 for the important part).

I don't really know why Red Card works behind a Sub but it does so I was using it to activate Unburden, well anyway I checked and I hadn't lost the ability from the previous battles, but for some reason Hawlucha was outsped by Jolteon (no, it wasn't Scarf; not that it matters because Scarf Jolteon reaches 591 and my Lucha reaches 660 after Unburden, but I got asked that anyway). Why would that happen? The item got activated so that should've been the end of it.

Thanks in advance, I wasn't sure if I should report it or not.

EDIT: So I broke my compromise of not laddering until I was told why that happened, and on the first match I could see that Unburden was working just fine. Let's just hope it was a one-time thing, because atm Limitless and I are the only ones using that borked set and having tons of fun :P
We discussed this on IRC, so hopefully I'll sort it soon.
e: Oh you posted the log. Beat me to it!

Red Card can not activate from behind a substitute in game (confirmed) but only when taking a attack directly (Infiltrator would activate Red Card from behind a Sub) and with that said I guess I'll submit this as a bug report while I'm at it.
This should be fixed on next restart, along with the same bug affecting Eject Button.

In a double battle, my opponent's mega aerodactyl hurt my mismagius (with levitate) with sky drop, I didn't save a reply, but aren't levitating people immune to the damage?
From what I can see only Flying-types are immune to the damage; Levitators still take full damage
edit: got a tester to check it out in-game and Levitate mons do indeed take damage

Last edited:
Found yet another bug. I was using Male Meowstic against a Klefki. I moved first with Misty Terrain, to which Klefki responded with a Swagger. I still got confused, even though that shouldn't have been possible (I can't imagine why meowstic would not be considered "on the terrain"). So it looks like Misty Terrain isn't really working, or at least not on the turn it's activated.
Misty Terrain doesn't prevent confusion.

Two bugs I found in doubles random battles. They seem to be mainly display bugs so it's not too gameplay changing.

The first was when I was in a double battle and I had a pidgeot and a simple bibarel. When I used curse on the bibarel, it prompted me to select a target (pidgeot or the opponent's two pokemon). It doesn't matter what I choose, Bibarel still gets +2/+2/-2.

The second was when my Golurk was knocked out, yet the next turn, it displayed its moveset as if it was still there. Picking a move (shadow punch) did nothing. I don't know what came after that since kjnm resorted to his hacker ways to get a critical hit.

The image has also been helpfully marked for you to see.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
And me too. I wonder if Red Card has something to do with it, since Slurpuff used Red Card on Garchomp's EQ. But I don't know if any of the three examples above also had Red Card involved.

I got a bug that severely effects my team. I run this team in game(online and offline) so I know these things work.

in this battle, http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/xybattlespotdoubles-90874480 , I lead with Cradily and Durant. I gave the Whimsicot Truant through entertainment, but the next turn it still was able to attack with Encore and only on the third round did it Loaf around. That shouldn't happen. It gave it traunt, but the loafing didn't happen when it should have. Proof that it gave it was that on the last turn I removed Rotom's Levitate with Entrainment, and it was hit by an EQ that turn.

Another bug I saw was when I gave my Regigigas Gastro Acid, the effects of Slow start were still active(I was slower then a Aegislash, which that isn't possible after slow start is gone)

Anyway these could be fixed? It severely hampers my strategy.

Two bugs to report:
  • In my Baton Pass team, when I pass a Substitute to my Mega Scizor, it doesn't display that it is still behind a Sub. Once I use a move, the problem reverts and it gains transparency and the Sub image like normal, but it isn't there on the first switch in.
  • In the team builder, Zygarde's sprite on the top row is Victreebel's. See my team image below.
upload_2014-2-22_16-12-52.png

Attachments

When using the Cheek Pouch ability on my cartridge, the Pokemon will recover extra HP after regaining HP from the use of a Sitrus Berry. On Showdown, however, the Pokemon only gains HP from the Sitrus and Cheek Pouch never activates. I don't know if this is a bug, or if the ability just isn't fully integrated yet.

Apparently Rotom can go out without the signature move of the respective appliance, something that can't happen on cartridge because if you cancel that move, then Rotom goes back to his boring standard form.

Not a bug, you may freely make Rotom forget that move later.

A bug I have is that I can not see a part of PS. The OP states if you have trouble connecting. But the problem I have is that I can log in and connect. But I can't really see anything. I might be able to add a screenshot if needed.

EDIT: This has been going on for over 2 weeks.

A bug I have is that I can not see a part of PS. The OP states if you have trouble connecting. But the problem I have is that I can log in and connect. But I can't really see anything. I might be able to add a screenshot if needed.

EDIT: This has been going on for over 2 weeks.
You have malware in your computer for over 2 weeks.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just wanted to say I've also been affected by the aforementioned bug that has you select moves for already fainted Pokemon in Doubles. Only happens for the last two for me, not sure how it affects others. It isnt just a randbats thing either, cuz it's happened in normal Doubles games too. Log from #doubles for further proof:

<Audiosurfer> have any of you had a thing happen
<Pwnemon> no
<Audiosurfer> where when you have 1 pokemon left in doubles on ps
<Pwnemon> and it wants you to order for both?
<Audiosurfer> it makes you select a move for the last mon to faint
<Audiosurfer> yeah
<Pwnemon> yea
<Laga> yeah
<Laga> me too
<Pwnemon> ofc i usually dont have
<Laga> asurf
<Pwnemon> only one pokemon left
<Pwnemon> in my doubles matches ever
<Pwnemon> B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)