Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
some more small bugs:
*if you get metronome from /randmove, it will show both the move and the item. this wouldnt be a problem if it was /dt, but since its randMOVE, you get the idea.
*rock climb is shown in /ms meganium even though meganium does not learn rock climb
It does learn it, it just isn't usable in any generation but gen 4 since you can't transfer any mon that knows Rock Climb up to gen 5, due to it being a HM in all gen 4 games.

It does learn it, it just isn't usable in any generation but gen 4 since you can't transfer any mon that knows Rock Climb up to gen 5, due to it being a HM in all gen 4 games.
then it shouldn't be shown in ds, as i cannot get a meganium with rock climb in this generation?

- If the user faints from Iron Barbs/Rough Skin/Rocky Helmet damage, ... Knock Off does not remove the target's item.
This isn't the case in gen 3 (and possibly gen 4, haven't tested, but bulbapedia says this changed only in gen 5).
Here's a replay on Showdown of a gen 3 match where Knock Off fails to remove target's item: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3customgame-680013670 and here's an in-game test where it does not behave this way:

RBYGSC Pokemon are allowed to have access to moves from pre evolutions introduced in later generations. This creates powerful illegal movesets like Whirlpool + Charm Sap Sipper Azumarill and another instance of Charm + Seismic Toss Chansey.

Instances where an egg move is needed like Encore + Whirlpool + Sap Sipper Azu are properly caught as illegal.

Trace seems to be bugged in PiC:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7partnersincrime-680187221
both Porygon2 and Salamence traced Speed Boost from Blaziken (and not Dragonite's Multiscale), then I mega-evolved Salamence, but at the end of the turn, only Porygon2 receivied a Speed Boost.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7partnersincrime-680189277
When heatran traced Technician from the opposing Scizor, it lost Flash Fire, so that my Porygon2 got hit by Lava Plume.
Also, at the end the opposing Hoopa somehow outsped a max-speed Mega Salamence without having a Choice Scarf, which obviously is a bug.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7partnersincrime-680193568
Trace only worked for Porygon, its ally Gastrodon didn't trace anything.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7partnersincrime-680200568
Salamence lost Aerilate after tracing Intimidate, but I couldn't know about that due to the ability display in the overlay being bugged as well in PiC, and lost because I tried to kill the opposing Alowak with Hyper Voice and Tri Attack.

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Hey, with the introduction of whirlpool+perish song on sap sipper azumarill people have noticed something odd. Apparently if you sub even after being trapped you can just switch out? Just need some clarification if this actually works this way or if that's a bug because I can't find anything online.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-680383627
I went and tested this with Giratina93 and we found that this is correct behavior. When behind a subsititute after behind hit by Fire Spin Naganadel did not take any more Fire Spin damage and could switch out.

Battle Video: Q9AG-WWWW-WWWC-V8GG

(Last couple turns were to confirm that stuff hit by Fire Spin could in fact not switch out when not behind sub)

Sub everything in UU now?

Also, at the end the opposing Hoopa somehow outsped a max-speed Mega Salamence without having a Choice Scarf, which obviously is a bug.
How do you know that Hoopa wasn't scarfed? I couldn't find anything in the battle to indicate that. If you mean because it used Drill Run and then switched moves, that's because its partner fainted. Here's an example demonstrating the ability to pick a new move after losing a partner (specifically because the move came from the partner).

I'm 95% sure this is because abilities activate based on speed, with faster mons activating before slower mons. Porygon2 had its Trace activate and copy Drizzle. Then by the time that Gastrodon's ability would have activated, its ally no longer had Trace, so Gastrodon's second ability also became Drizzle. At least, I was able to replicate this with Gardevoir and Slowpoke.

Last edited:
How do you know that Hoopa wasn't scarfed? I couldn't find anything in the battle to indicate that. If you mean because it used Drill Run and then switched moves, that's because its partner fainted. Here's an example demonstrating the ability to pick a new move after losing a partner (specifically because the move came from the partner).

I'm 95% sure this is because abilities activate based on speed, with faster mons activating before slower mons. Porygon2 had its Trace activate and copy Drizzle. Then by the time that Gastrodon's ability would have activated, its ally no longer had Trace, so Gastrodon's second ability also became Drizzle. At least, I was able to replicate this with Gardevoir and Slowpoke.
The first one is obviously a bug. A choice-locked mon should never be able to switch moves, but it switched in my battle and in your replay.

For the second one, this might be correct but doesn't explain why trace triggers multiple times sometimes and removes the other abilit.

The first one is not a bug, it's a faithful reproduction of game mechanics: if you are choice locked into a move that you no longer know, the lock is automatically lifted and you're free to lock yourself into any other move. Normally this happens by leveling up mid-battle, being prompted to learn a new move, and deleting the move you were locked into. Showdown doesn't deal with leveling up mid-battle, but custom formats like PIC, in which your effective moveset is dynamically recalculated at all times based on your partner's presence, can still give rise to this phenomenon. It can also happen easily in a regular battle by having a scarf Mew (or non-Imposter Ditto) use Transform.

If you somehow forget a move and then relearn that same move all before the next time you're prompted to make a decision, the lock does remain in place; whether it gets lifted or not is only evaluated at the times you're presented with the menu, based on the moveset you have at that point.

Last edited:
Hey! New user here with a bug report.

VGC Doubles 2018
First turn, opponent has a Jolteon and I have a male Meowstic with Eject Button.
Jolteon uses Volt Switch which hits Meowstic.
Meowstic switches out for another Pokemon.
Jolteon does not switch.

I believe that unless there was some obscure change in US/UM that both Jolteon and Meowstic were supposed to switch.

Nope, that's as it works on cartridge. If a pokemon uses Volt Switch/U-turn and triggers the target#s eject button or ability (in case of Emergency Exit/Wimp Out), then the user does not switch, only the target switches.

Speaking of Mind Blown...
On the ability "Damp" it says that it causes the moves Explosion, Self Destruct, and the ability Aftermath to not take affect or basically not work at all against a pokemon with the ability Damp. But it is actually missing a new Gen 7 Move, in Mind Blown.
In this video on cartridge, Blacephalon uses Mind Blown on a Paras with the ability Damp, and it takes no affect because of the ability Damp:

Trace seems to be bugged in PiC:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7partnersincrime-680187221
both Porygon2 and Salamence traced Speed Boost from Blaziken (and not Dragonite's Multiscale), then I mega-evolved Salamence, but at the end of the turn, only Porygon2 receivied a Speed Boost.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7partnersincrime-680189277
When heatran traced Technician from the opposing Scizor, it lost Flash Fire, so that my Porygon2 got hit by Lava Plume.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7partnersincrime-680200568
Salamence lost Aerilate after tracing Intimidate, but I couldn't know about that due to the ability display in the overlay being bugged as well in PiC, and lost because I tried to kill the opposing Alowak with Hyper Voice and Tri Attack.
Speed boost only works if it was present during the duration of the turn. As you mega evolved Salamence, its ability was reset for the turn and then reaquired speed boost, which means it would have to wait until next turn to receive the boost.

Flash fire should be replaced as trace changes the base ability of the mon instead of its shared ability. As that's how it works for other metas, I see no reason as to why it should have that mechanic changed.

As far as which ability it reads, it seems to be entirely up to luck. I wish they could do something to fix that mechanic so that it wasn't up to luck, but again, trace is the only reasonable counterplay to some sets.

Speed boost only works if it was present during the duration of the turn. As you mega evolved Salamence, its ability was reset for the turn and then reaquired speed boost, which means it would have to wait until next turn to receive the boost.
It's still potentially possible that PiC is buggy, but then it would be a Mega Evolution bug rather than a Trace bug. You could probably verify that more easily with Mega Sharpedo + Ninjask, assuming you can keep them both in for enough turns so that Speed Boost should take effect.

Found a bug! Can somebody reward me now with a green magikarp. Let's say stealth rocks is up. If your opp. does fly and you switch a pokemon that loses all its health to stealth rocks then your opponents mon wont complete the fly animation. I think the reason why this glitch exists is because nobody logically thinks you should on purposely murder one of your own pokemon. Pay me with tododile heads please!

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Speaking of Mind Blown...
On the ability "Damp" it says that it causes the moves Explosion, Self Destruct, and the ability Aftermath to not take affect or basically not work at all against a pokemon with the ability Damp. But it is actually missing a new Gen 7 Move, in Mind Blown.
In this video on cartridge, Blacephalon uses Mind Blown on a Paras with the ability Damp, and it takes no affect because of the ability Damp:
I'm pretty sure this is already implemented, as I tested this a couple of months back already. If anything, the description is just not updated to say that it blocks Mind Blown as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)