Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
252 HP / 252 Sp. Def
Nature: Calm
--Scald
--Ice Beam
--Grass Knot
--Roar

The two could be a good bulky attacking/SR shuffling duo. Empoleon easily takes Water/Ice attacks aimed at Hippowdon, while he can take most physical moves and Electric attacks.

An offensive addition to this core, one that could take advantage of common attacks used against the core to get free switch-ins, is Gengar:

Between Hippo and Empoleon, I see unguarded weaknesses to fighting, ground, and grass; gengar is immune to the former two and resists the latter, and so can use the core to get some free switch-ins; Gengar's weaknesses are also covered by Empoleon. Also, he covers threats like Breloom that can hit each side of the core super-effectively with its STABs.

Between the three, every type is resisted bar fire, which hits all three neutrally.

In stead of Gengar, Zapdos is a possibility. It's immune to ground, resists fighting and grass.

You can play with the movepool too, as it has access to Roar, Roost, 125 Sp.Atk, a decent 90 Atk and, saved this for last, access to both Volt Switch AND U-turn.

It's a great pivot, either switching in and out or switching in and Volt Switch/U-turn on the opponents switch.

Terrakion/Latios/Jirach (specially defensive, preferably) is really good, defensively and offensively.

defensively, the only weakness not covered, is Latios' ghost weakness, which for the most part, sp. def Jirachi is capable of handling.. As well, Jirach supports the other two with wish, as well as paralysis.

Offensively, Terrakion boasts a nearly unresisted physical type coverage, while Latios carries the Dragon/Fire/Water combo for perfect coverage, and as said before Jirachi provides paralysis support for the small handful of pokemon capable of outspeeding Terrakion/Latios.

edit: also - a special shout out to Heatran/Latios as they resist each other's weakness perfectly and deal with a lot of the pokemon the other has trouble with.. Sadly though, they both suffer from being walled hard by blissey.

I've been running a Specially Defensive Empoleon/StandardScor core for fairly good results on my stall team.

Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Roar

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Protect

They cover eachothers weaknesses perfectly (Empoleon takes Water and Ice, Gliscor takes Fighting, Electric and Ground). The basis of these two is to spread Toxic and gradually build up passive damage with Toxic, Stealth Rock, and Sandstorm (I have Scarftar).

The problem with the Empoleon + Gliscor core is that BoltBeam coverage is very common, and Boltbeam rips it apart.

You can try this set instead of Blissey:

Cradily @ Leftovers
Calm
Storm Drain
252 HP/6 SpA/252 SpD
>Toxic
>Energy Ball/Ancientpower
>Recover
>Protect

This set is a god-like special wall in Sandstorm, with over 350 HP and 600 SpD. Storm Drain allows you to switch in on any Water type attack, especially from Politoed and Rotom W, and pick up a Special Attack boost. From there, use Recover, Toxic, and Protect to stall out the opponent.

Latias @ Leftovers
Levitate
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
EV's: 252 HP, 4 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Calm Mind
~ Recover
~ Roar / Refresh / HP Fire

Forretress @ Leftovers
Sturdy
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
Ev's: 252 HP, 176 Def, 80 Sp. Def
~ Rapid Spin
~ Toxic Spikes
~ Spikes
~ Volt Switch

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Unaware
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
Ev's: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Def
~ Scald
~ Recover
~ Toxic
~ Earthquake

- How do these Pokemon's typings synergize well?
Latias' Bug, Ghost, Ice, Dragon, and Dark weaknesses are all resisted by Forretress.
Forretress' Fire weakness is resisted by both Quagsire and Latias.
Quagsire's Grass weakness is resisted by both Latias and Forretress.
- Individually, what are each individual Pokemon's role in the core?
Latias has a huge Base 130 Sp. Def, easily covering the other two's lackluster special defenses (Also, Fire and Grass moves tend to be special, too), while Quagsire and Forretress can cover most of the OU physical threats in the game with Unaware and gigantic defenses, respectively.
- Ultimately, how do each of these Pokemon's role contribute to winning?
The main goal of this core is to break down both physical attackers and walls so that Latias can sweep. Forretress sets up Spikes for offensive teams due to the insane amount of switches this core forces, and Toxic Spikes gets rid of special walls like Blissey that Latias loathes. Quagsire can get rid of faster, physically based sweepers that Forretress can't touch, and proceed to hit them for Super-Effective or status them.
- What can counter your core and how does it get defeated? This question will help build upon and improve our cores.
I would say the closest thing to countering this core would be Infernape with Grass Knot and a pursuit user. Infernape takes care of Forretress and Quagsire, while baiting Latias for a Tyranitar / Scizor. The next thing would be a CM Reuniclus with Psyshock, but only if you don't use Roar on Latias (Which would be highly recommended, but without HP Fire, you can't hit Scizor / Ferrothorn very hard, and they are not poisoned by Toxic Spikes, so your choice).

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A "Core" in the BW OU metagame is difficult to execute effectively in the long run considering it takes say for example, Gengar with Shadow Ball and Focus Blast, to be able to hit which ever several Pokemon you wish to include in your mainstay for type coverage. I guess this is why when I focus on a solid build to work around, it's quite the opposite of what a "core" represents; essentially Scizor/Rotom-W covers the weaknesses of one another but offensively the strategy to turn/change is keeping the momentum of your "backbone" in tact whilst also maintaining pressure into having more control than your traditional FWG core you gathered together in order to invite attacks you are never guaranteed to successfully overcome anyway.
I don't know if I agree with this too much. I feel cores are still a huge role in the BW metagame, however how we interpret cores is probably hugely different. There's still defensive cores (which is what most stall teams are based around) that utilize things like Ferrothorn and Jellicent to force switches and rack up hazard damage. Offensive cores are all about the momentum, as I think they've always been. Offensive cores, even in DPP, are just using resistances of offensive pokemon to take minimal damage on the switch-in. Those cores are still pretty dominant in this metagame as well (though older cores like SkarmBliss are kinda shit now but w/e!)!

@ShineySkarmory: When I played against that core it certainly was a headache, it wouldn't die! The only way I beat was by muscling my way through it Reuniclus, but not before it took out a couple of my guys. I can't say I could improve upon it in any way, its very good.

Cradily won't work since he is weak to Ice. I used him for awhile on my Sand team, even for a tournament, since he was a great switchin for Choiced Politoed. The problem was he goes from awesome to decent with the change of the weather. Being reliant on weather was brought on a lot more problems than I thought. Particularly, in order for your wall not to crumble, you have to have your Ttar/Hippo take hazard damage.

@DDRMaster

I'll see if I could try that out. Trick Room is my favorite playstyle since it allows you to get really interesting/creative with your team. It's seems pretty defensive for TR though >_>. If I made that I would make everything in their way more offensive. Like Porygon2 having Download to make it a fearsome sweeper, and make Jellicent have something like Water Spout with Recover.

@shadowxevo

How does your core do against Volcarona? Since Forry doesn't have SR, she can come in a lot more safely than usual. I don't know how good Quag takes Bug Buzz, but I would assume no very well. BTW props for using Quagsire.

I've have found a very good partner for Hippowdon is Sp. De Jirachi. It does Empoleon's job of taking on the Lati's and Ice Attacks much better since she has more bulk and has no weakness to Electric. The Grass and Ice attacks that are aimed at Hippo are covered by Jirachi, while the strong Earthquakes aimed at Jirachi can be easily be taken by Hippowdon. A third member added (who I think would probably be a bulky water) we should be set with a good core.

[pimg]385[/pimg]
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Protect

Checklist:
- Status Support in the form of paralysis
- More flexibility with the third member with Wish
- Phazing in the form of Roar
- Good typing synergy
- Individual roles of walling the Sp. De and Def sides
- No unified goal yet
- Prone Volcarona and Possibly Dragons

@DDRMaster

I'll see if I could try that out. Trick Room is my favorite playstyle since it allows you to get really interesting/creative with your team. It's seems pretty defensive for TR though >_>. If I made that I would make everything in their way more offensive. Like Porygon2 having Download to make it a fearsome sweeper, and make Jellicent have something like Water Spout with Recover.
Porygon2 and Jellicent are designed to set up Trick Room and then switch out to bulky attackers like Scrafty and Scizor. I've found that Reuniclus is the only offensive TR Pokemon I need and the extra bulk is necessary to set up TR against things like Specs Latios.

@ThePillsburyDoughBoy
Yeah, it does have a really bad Volcarona weakness (though if worse comes to worse, Quagsire takes a Bug Buzz from offensive QD Volcarona (70.81% - 83.25%, meaning it doesn't take it well at all), and hit it with Toxic, and you can try and stall it out. You should probably accompany the core with something along the lines of Specially Defensive Heatran or CS Tyranitar (Or both XP).

I have a few cores that I would like to showcase. I'm not as good as most people here on this site but I think I can still contribute.

Offensive:

Lucario @Life Orb
Adamant, Inner Focus
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Swords Dance
Close Combat
ExtremeSpeed
Crunch

Dragonite @Lum Berry
Adamant, Multiscale
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Punch
Roost

This core is meant to sweep the opposing team. Speedy Pokemon that is not hit very hard by ExtremeSpeed that gives Lucario trouble include Terrakion, Gengar, Tentacruel, and Gliscor. All of those (Except Terrakion if it happens to be Scarfed) are destroyed by +1 Dragonite. And all of the bulkier Pokemon that gives Dragonite trouble sweeping include Skarmory and Heatran in which Lucario is known for being able to break through. So all of the slower teams are defeated by Lucario and faster ones are by Dragonite. And when it comes to physical walls, most teams would choose either Skarmory or Gliscor, which means that either Lucario or Dragonite will be able to break through and sweep. Things that gives this core trouble are stall, with their residual damage that is the bane of both of them, and Quagsire, which walls them both thanks to Unaware.

Defensive:

Heatran @Leftovers
Calm, Flash Fire
252 HP, 100 SpDef, 160 Spe
Lavaplume
Stealth Rock
Protect
Roar

Ferrothorn @Shed Shell/ Leftovers
Impish, Iron Barbs
252 HP, 88 Def, 168 SpDef
Spikes
Leech Seed
Protect
Power Whip

Gliscor @Toxic Orb
Impish, Poison Heal
252 HP, 184 Def, 72 Spe
Toxic
Earthquake
Protect
Taunt

This core is all about type synergy. Ferrothorn is scared to death of all those Fire and Fighting types in which the other two Pokemon listed resists them respectively. As Heatran counters almost every thing Fire related and Gliscor is the universal counter for all Fighting types not carrying Ice Punch or Hidden Power Ice. Heatran's water weakness is taken care of because Ferrothorn is the universal counter to all bulky waters, while it's Fighting and Ground weakness are handled by Gliscor. And Gliscor's Water weakness as it's been said, is for Ferrothorn and it's Ice weakness Heatran can come in and start using Lavaplume. Heatran can set up Stealth Rocks and phaze away things trying to set up on this core like Latias and Jirachi. Ferrothorn can set up Spikes for this core and give out Leech Seed recovery to those who need it. And Gliscor glues the two together by Toxic spreading and countering the Fighting types that both Heatran and Ferrothorn shares a weakness to. This core is countered by the random Hidden Powers of each types to defeat these Pokemon like Ice, Fire, Ground which are all common Hidden Powers. This is why you have Protect on all of them. Also, this core is ripped apart by the uncommon Mamoswine and can't do much to a Tentacruel in the rain.

Mupa, have you ever considered Bulk up Breloom for this team? It gives you an excellent rotom pivot/great asset against rain/sand/stall. Breloom also appcreciates Lucario's ability to break its counters.

@Mupa That's a pretty standard defensive core that you got there. The most prominent threat to that core, in my experience, is Gengar. Both Ferrothorn and Heatran can stomach to Focus Blasts. Meanwhile if you send in gliscor to resist that, he will just sit there since both Toxic and Earthquake will do nothing. I've seen that offensive core a couple of times and its pretty good. I've even seen an RMT all about it; I think it was call Lucarionite.

So after reading this post I decided to make a team through that method, it got into the 100's. I seriously thought/am thinking about making an RMT on it. It featured this core with Hippowdon and while unorthodox, it does pull its weight.

Hungry Hippo (Hippowdon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Fang
- Slack Off

Mrs. Wall (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect

Mr. Stache (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SDef
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall
- Dragon Tail

- How do these Pokemon's typings synergize well?
Well starting with Hippowdon, I needed a water, ice, and grass resist/neutrality. Ferrothorn was jumped out immediately since he provided spikes which worked very potently with SR and he could easily dispose of Waters with a Power Whip. Naturally, I put Jellicent in the slot, only to realize Jellicent couldn't do anything Volcarona because of the special defense boosts and I was weak to status. Giving up, I put a defensive Gyrados in and to my surprise it worked fantastically, having both its weakness resisted by Ferro and Hippo.

- Individually, what are each individual Pokemon's role in the core?
Hippowdon's primary role was to set up Sand Stream for my team and set up the all important Stealth Rock (in the beggining he was a phazer). If the situation calls for it, Hippo can tank an Outrage and retaliate with Ice Fang. Ferrothorn acts as the primary Dragon counter, spike setter, and special wall. Gyrados' job is to counter Volcarona, Scizor, and phaze with Dragon Tail. He is also the go to status absorber for this team with Rest (as a bonus he makes a great BU Breloom counter)

- Ultimately, how do each of these Pokemon's role contribute to winning?
Together each of these Pokemon have the goal to stall out the opponent as much as possible while maximizing the amount of residual damage the opponent receives so I can easily sweep. Hazards are the primary way getting damage to the opposing team. Leech Seed+Protect on Ferro provides consistent healing and damage. It's very easy to get all of them up with this core. The sandstorm induced by Hippowdon adds damage and forces switches for opposing weather teams (switching in inducer+switching out). Finnally D-Tail on Gyrdaos is the icing on the cake because the extra 8%/10% minimum on opposing Pokes allows phazing to do >50% on each poke and ensures ko's.

- What can counter your core and how does it get defeated?
Very strong special attackers such as Latios are problematic for this core since it is primarily physically defensive. Particularly, Rotom-W causes trouble with Hydro Pump+volt Switch+HP Fire, but Ferro deals with very well.

I must say, SubSplit Gengar (I use lefties) makes the best partner for this core. He acts as a spinlocker and ensures that I can beat Latios. If Latios runs HP Fire, then I can insure I outspeed him and KO with Shadow Ball. If Latios doesn't he is manhandled by Ferrothorn. Pain Split adds to the madness by adding more residual damage.

5th Gen Skarmbliss:

[pimg]603[/pimg]

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/252 SpD
Nature: Relaxed
IVs: 0 Spe
-Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball
-Protect

[pimg]598[/pimg]

Jellicent @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def
Nature: Calm
-Scald
-Recover
-Toxic
-Ice Beam

This is simple. If you predict a physical attack, go to Ferrothorn. Special Attack? Go to Jellicent. There are some thing like Magnezone that like to screw around with Ferrothorn. If desired, you can run a Politoed to alleviate Ferrothorn's 4x weakness. (And help it survive Magnezone.) Type synergy is excellent, with Jellicent resisting both of Ferrothorn's weaknesses and Ferrothorn resisting Jellicent's weaknesses.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The problem is with Magnezone is that it will win one-on-one against Ferrothorn even with a weaker Hidden Power (unless Ferrothorn is running Bulldoze). If it's really mean, it can SubCharge and still win one-on-one.

I'm pretty new and not too good with core building yet, but this is the core I run in my Pokemon Showdown team.

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Att)
-Scald
-Dark Pulse
-U-turn
-Ice Beam

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
Evs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Power Whip
-Substitute

Talonflame Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Att / 4 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Att, -SpA)
-Brave Bird
-Swords Dance
-Flare Blitz
-Roost

• How do these Pokemon's typings synergize well?
The Ferrothorn's electric type resistance helps support that weakness in the Talonflame and Greninja, and the Talonflame and Greninja help support the Ferrothorn's 4x weakness to fire types. The overall defensive ability of steel makes it to where fire is the only true counter for the Ferrothorn, which is well handled by the choice scarfed Greninja.
  • Individually, what are each individual Pokemon's role in the core?
The Greninja is usually my lead, as it lets me scope out my opponent with the option to bail with a choice scarfed U-turn, allowing me to get a little damage on my opponent as well as switching out. The Ferrothorn serves to get as many hazards on the field as possible, checking some of the more dangerous threats to the core such as Charizard Y. The Talonflame, if given the opportunity to properly set up, can be a great sweeper.
  • Ultimately, how do each of these Pokemon's role contribute to winning?
After I see what my opponent is attempting to do with his lead using Greninja, I can use the scarf speed boost to U-turn out or stay in if I have a favorable matchup against my opponent. The Ice Beam allows for an easy OHKO on some of the more annoying things to deal with in the game, such as Gliscor and the Dragon/Flying types that run Outrage. If I need to U-turn out on the first turn, Ferrothorn can serve as a means of getting out entry hazards as well as damaging physical attackers with the iron barbs + rocky helmet. I use the grass Power Whip instead of Gyro Ball to help check water-ground types, especially an unaware Quagsire. With the Talonflame, its sweeping ability with a +2 priority Brave Bird and the ability to heal with Roost helps it eliminate many of my opponent's threats early, as there are not many pokemon that want to take a +2 Brave Bird.
  • What can counter your core and how does it get defeated? This question will help build upon and improve our cores
One of the biggest counters to this core is a Mega Charizard Y with a Gliscor. If used properly, the Charizard Y can easily take out the Greninja and Ferrothorn, as Greninja's scald does not do enough damage to it to kill it and the Charizard's drought allows it to OHKO the Greninja. The Gliscor can be used as well to check the Talonflame while getting off a toxic on the Greninja. The protect also helps it stay alive from an Ice Beam while allowing the Toxic to build up and weaken my Greninja to where it is virtually unusable.

My way to counter the Charizard Y - Gliscor pair is with a Mega Garchomp running Stone Edge for Support. Since he can take a Solar Beam and outspeeds the Charizard, the Charizard is taken out, allowing my Greninja and Ferrothorn to come into play without the fear of being OHKO'd by the Charizard. Another way to break down this team is to set out a stealth rock before my opponent brings in his Charizard.

I'd love to know what you guys think of this core so I can see if I can make some improvements to it.

SkarmBliss is really dropping in usefulness and and effectiveness, I feel. Blissey, despite humongous HP and Sp. Defence, it's attack and defence is sorely lacking. As a core, it should have strong moves, backed up by STAB(hopefully), and be able to counter it's counters/opposite super effective types. Blissy, as a Special wall, should, in my opinion, only be used for stalling. It completely (again, my opinion) misses the purpose of a core - strong, able to counter. Despite relatively good moves (Earthquake, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, etc.), they are mostly not backed up with STAB, and it fails to use physical moves (it's attack is 10). It's barely passable Sp. Attack needs to be boosted. Perhaps EV training would help, but most people who use Blissy for Stalling max out it's HP stats. If it were to be boosted in battle, for example, by using Calm Mind or Charge Beam a few times, the powerful physical sweepers now rampaging around Pokemon or MewTwo's PhyStrike would completely finish off Blissey, even with access to Softboiled. Skarmory is usually used for lead, to set up Stealth Rock, Spikes, etc. and perhaps, if it survives, using Whirlwind or Roar to continuously use entry hazards to finish off it's opponents. Using SkarmBliss is quite ineffective (in my opinion) for a core. Perhaps a more offensive pokemon for a core would be better suited.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty new and not too good with core building yet, but this is the core I run in my Pokemon Showdown team.

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Att)
-Scald
-Dark Pulse
-U-turn
-Ice Beam

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
Evs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Power Whip
-Substitute

Talonflame Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Att / 4 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Att, -SpA)
-Brave Bird
-Swords Dance
-Flare Blitz
-Roost

• How do these Pokemon's typings synergize well?
The Ferrothorn's electric type resistance helps support that weakness in the Talonflame and Greninja, and the Talonflame and Greninja help support the Ferrothorn's 4x weakness to fire types. The overall defensive ability of steel makes it to where fire is the only true counter for the Ferrothorn, which is well handled by the choice scarfed Greninja.
  • Individually, what are each individual Pokemon's role in the core?
The Greninja is usually my lead, as it lets me scope out my opponent with the option to bail with a choice scarfed U-turn, allowing me to get a little damage on my opponent as well as switching out. The Ferrothorn serves to get as many hazards on the field as possible, checking some of the more dangerous threats to the core such as Charizard Y. The Talonflame, if given the opportunity to properly set up, can be a great sweeper.
  • Ultimately, how do each of these Pokemon's role contribute to winning?
After I see what my opponent is attempting to do with his lead using Greninja, I can use the scarf speed boost to U-turn out or stay in if I have a favorable matchup against my opponent. The Ice Beam allows for an easy OHKO on some of the more annoying things to deal with in the game, such as Gliscor and the Dragon/Flying types that run Outrage. If I need to U-turn out on the first turn, Ferrothorn can serve as a means of getting out entry hazards as well as damaging physical attackers with the iron barbs + rocky helmet. I use the grass Power Whip instead of Gyro Ball to help check water-ground types, especially an unaware Quagsire. With the Talonflame, its sweeping ability with a +2 priority Brave Bird and the ability to heal with Roost helps it eliminate many of my opponent's threats early, as there are not many pokemon that want to take a +2 Brave Bird.
  • What can counter your core and how does it get defeated? This question will help build upon and improve our cores
One of the biggest counters to this core is a Mega Charizard Y with a Gliscor. If used properly, the Charizard Y can easily take out the Greninja and Ferrothorn, as Greninja's scald does not do enough damage to it to kill it and the Charizard's drought allows it to OHKO the Greninja. The Gliscor can be used as well to check the Talonflame while getting off a toxic on the Greninja. The protect also helps it stay alive from an Ice Beam while allowing the Toxic to build up and weaken my Greninja to where it is virtually unusable.

My way to counter the Charizard Y - Gliscor pair is with a Mega Garchomp running Stone Edge for Support. Since he can take a Solar Beam and outspeeds the Charizard, the Charizard is taken out, allowing my Greninja and Ferrothorn to come into play without the fear of being OHKO'd by the Charizard. Another way to break down this team is to set out a stealth rock before my opponent brings in his Charizard.

I'd love to know what you guys think of this core so I can see if I can make some improvements to it.
We are discussing BW OU Cores here discuss XY OU cores in their respective thread please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)