Buizel B/W2 Revamp
- Decent pokemon in LC with decent attack and great speed
- Good Water type STAB and coverage
- Above average Speed
- Learns a variety of moves
- Great abilities in Swift swim and water veil
- Above qualities make it a good rain dance sweeper and all out attacker
- Prone to being worn down, priority and revenge killing
- Cannot do anything to common pokemon like chinchou
name: Baton passer
move 1: Baton pass
move 2: Agility
move 3: Bulk up
move 4: Waterfall
ability: Water Veil
evs: 236 HP / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
- Buizel can run an effective baton pass set
- It is the fastest baton passer which is useful for passing boosts
- Agility increases Speed by +2 helping slower sweepers(like tirtouga) to sweep
- Bulk up not only increases Attack but also Defense, making it less vulnerable to priority
- Waterfall serves as a reliable STAB attack to deal damage and not be complete taunt bait
- Water Veil is the superior ability here because Buizel abhors burns and the chance of your opponent running manual rain, to abuse Buizel's alternate ability in Swift Swim is virtually zero.
- The given spread maximizes buizel's bulk to help it take common attacks like misdreavus' shadow ball and chinchou's thunderbolt better.
- This set can baton pass boosts fast and reliably. Pokemon that can take advantage of this like Acrobatics Archen, Cranidos, Life Orb Mienfoo, etc make for good partners as they love the Speed boost and attack physically.
- Buizel could utilize its alternate ability, swift swim, by using a rain dance set, however buizel's attacking movepool is shallow and leaves it rather easily walled. It is also too frail to set it up.
- An all out attack set is possible, but it is too easily walled by common defensive pokemon like Porygon and Frillish.
- Buizel can utilize a choice band to cripple walls with switcheroo, but a locked move is easy to take advantage of.
- Quick attack can be used for priority but only hits certain things like Chinchou, Staryu and Lileep harder and it is better off using Return or the coverage move of choice.
- Toxic can be used to cripple walls but Buizel is better off using Switcheroo to cripple them
- Chinchou isn't 2HKOed by any attacks and can ohko in return
- Pokemon like Frillish, Porygon and Slowpoke can wall most sets
- Bulky grass types like Lileep, Ferroseed and Foongus give most sets trouble
- Mienfoo can easily wear it down with Fake Out+Drain Punch.
- Pokemon like scarfkrow can revenge kill with sucker punch
- Scarfed Snover changes the weather, outspeeds and ohkos with giga drain
- Pokemon with prankster like cottonee and murkrow give the Baton Pass set a lot of trouble with encore and perish song or taunt, respectively. Taunt in general is a great way to deal with the Baton Pass set, with common pokemon like misdreavus utilizing it and preventing Buizel from setting up.