1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bulky Offense, First RMT , current PO rank 1615/21142

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Mr.G00gl3, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Mr.G00gl3

Mr.G00gl3

Introduction

Hello, I am pretty new to competitively battleling and this is the first team I came up with competitively. Any ratings or suggestions are very welcome
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Team building process
    1. I really liked the two pokemon Reuniclus and Conkeldurr. They are perfect partners for each other while possesing awesome offensve power as well as bulkyness. Thus i decieded to build my team around them
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Choice Scarf Eccentric Ditto!! when I heard of it's existence I knew I needed to use it on my team. It's prehaps the best revenge killer in the game ,along with Chandelure, but it's abillity to copy opponents boosted stats saved me a lot of times.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    3.I needed a wall, and I decided to test Porygon-2, because it gave me a lot of trouble when I was testing my primitive team. So far it has served it's purpose well, but I wouldn't mind changing it
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    4. I thought to give Dragonite a try after learning about it's amazing abillity multi-scale!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    5.I needed a lead, and while Voltros which i tried initially worked fantastically, I thought I needed something bulky and settled with Garchomp
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Team
    [​IMG]
    Garchomp (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Veil
    EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 120 SDef / 60 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Dragon Tail
    - Earthquake
    - Protect

Why?
    It has an awesome bulk and a good speed as well as attack even with out too much investment in it. It is able to set Stealth rock most of the times, Earthquake provides a reliable STAB move to attack opposing pokemons. Also Dragon tail is for pokemons like Skarmory.
    Comments
    Perhaps the weakest link, however some times Garchomp is able to just singlehandedly just demolish teams by constantly Phasing with Dragon Tail

[​IMG]

Porygon2 @ Evolution Stone
    Trait: Trace
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Discharge
    - Ice Beam
    - Toxic
    - Recover

Why? Porygon2 has an amazig abillity trace!, If I need instant recovery it can trace things like water absorb. EV was sort of arbitary so I need suggestions. It hates moves like Toxic thouh

Comments It is a such an amazing wall! It can live STAB Outrage, Draco Meteore and other powerfull moves and recover up easily.

[​IMG]
    Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Multi-Scale
    EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Roost
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake

Why?
    With multiscale and an abillity to heal with roost, It is the bulkiest dragon in the OU metagame. It can survive un-STAB ice attacks.I am usually able to get up 1-3 DragonDances, and If my opponent lets me keep doing DD-Roost-Roost(reach max hp and multi scale kicks in)-DD I sometimes get up to 6 DD and it can wreck so many pokemons.
    However any status: Burn,Paralyzed,Poisoned, Leech seeded, can ruin Dragonite.
    Comments
    I really need to be carefull with status inflicting moves, EV was to maximize bulkiness, (Any suggestions for better EV spread is welcome as this was also sort of arbitary)

[​IMG]

Rankurusu (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Trick Room
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

Why? It's so adorable!!!, With it's amazing abillity to not get damaged by LO recoil and it's awesome SP.ATK with Trick room up It can destroy many pokemons or leave serious dents in any team.

Comments I don't know why, but I never really had much success with a CM set.

[​IMG]

Roobushin (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 255 HP / 252 Atk
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Bulk Up
    - Drain Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Payback

Why? Why is this pokemon allowed to carry two heavy cinder blocks? With guts, I can come in on a Burn and start destroying teams with it's monstrous ATTK. 1 or 2 Bulk Ups and this thing is soo hard to take down unless opponent has a fast and hard hitting SP.Attacker.

Comments I gave much thought about maybe not investing in Attack and putting that in SpDef and Def, but is 252 Attack a must?

[​IMG]
    Ditto @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Eccentric
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
    Hardy Nature
    - Transform

Why? When ever I use this guy it's like stealing my opponent's pokemon!. Shell Smash Cloyster? Sword Dance Blaizken? Dragon Dance Zurzukin? , I laugh as I proceed to revenge kill it wth ditto meanwhile stealing my opponent's boosted pokemon, giving my opponent a taste of his medicine :P
    Comments So amazing
  2. Dezza Laa

Dezza Laa

Hi,

You need to extend some of these paragraphs if you want any help.

Sub would seem to be the superior option on Garchomp.
    If your Pory hates status give it mirror coat.
    Fire Punch > EQ on Dragonite.
    If your running Rank with Roobushin you should run a CM set. They both feed off each others weaknesses and Rank focuses on special side while Roob handles the physical side.
    I hate Ditto. I try to use it and I never have any success but when people use it on me it always works. Maybe try a Red Card Ditto.

GL
  3. Eos

Eos some people just want to see the world burn
    is a Battle Server Moderator

Chomp is an interesting set, havent seen that often. Should be interesting.
    Pory2 should run max defense and hp. no spDef. it is optional, but just not the best walling capabilities. it is trying to do too much atm.
    Nite is good.
    For Rank, take out Shadow ball and put on recover. it has to have to do its job brilliantly. If your worried about other ranks, then put on psycho shift.
    For Roob, run 248 hp and 8 hp if you want. as to outspeed any other Roobs. Also, for any poke, you never run anything that isn't divisible by four. So, 255 hp is not acceptable.
    And, Ditto's set is amazing! Great creativity and simplemindedness with this set, great job (:p lol).
  4. Jaroda

Jaroda

Your team is lacking crucial resistances, mainly Ice and Dragon. You should replace Garchomp or Ditto with a standard Skarmory, specially defensive if you're so inclined to soak up Draco Meteors. It's better at phazing than Garchomp because it has Roost and Whirlwind gets rid of Substitute users.

Conkeldurr wants Stone Edge over Payback. Payback doesn't help you get any OHKOs over Stone Edge. Also make your EVs 120 HP / 252 At / 136 SpD to take special hits better.

Fire Punch over Earthquake on Dragonite. Most common OU Steels are either immune, neutral or carry balloon. Only Heatran resists Dragon and Fire.

If you're running a Trick Room Reuniclus than a great partner is CB Escavalier. Choice Band Megahorns are brutally powerful and in TR you'll be one of the fastest mon out there. Not to mention Bug/Steel is great typing and you need the resistences.
  5. GtM

GtM

Rough Skin is preferable on Garchomp over Sand Veil if you're going for residual damage. Unless it's illegal for some reason.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)