Bulky offense

Howdy, it has been a while since I have been into competive pokemon as I was in basic training and AIT for the army, but I am back and having a little difficulty getting used to the new gen.

TEAM AT A GLANCE

Under the microscope

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 Def
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

About two weeks ago this guy didn't seem to be all the popular but as of late this guy seems to be everywhere, and for good reason. With intimidate he walls most physical threats and forces tons of switches. I don't normally lead with him unless I see fit depending on my opponents team. Set is pretty standard but it works none the less. Ice atks can go to Rotom or Vaporeaon while special atks can be handle by either cress or latias

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 232 HP / 68 SAtk / 208 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

One of my other 3 I tend to lead with. Burn is by far my favorite status it nueters so many pokes it isn't even funny, and for the pesky fires that come in to try and stop the burn (not that they always see it comming) it isn't going to like the hydro pump. Volt switch is for stab and for momentum with Landrous and Scizor. Pain split is for recover. The investment in speed puts him over neutral max speed of 70 or lower rest is for bulk and power. Grass goes to scizor, latias, or cressilia

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
- Reflect

Now one might see this set and be a little confused. I chose latias over her brother for more special bulk. She can come in on many pokes set up on cm on the switch or set up a Reflect with her ev spread and nature she is fast enough and bulky enough to get up before any poke that cana ohko her unless scarfed. Some might ask why just have one attacking move, but it gets the job done easily. Once the enemy teams steel types have been weakened this is so scarry. Behind reflect scarfed ttar hits for 25-30% crunch allowing for easy recovery and retaliate attacks while CB scizor only hits for the same with pursuit. SD Scizor can be more of a problem but as stated before Latas usually doesn't come out until most the steel's have already been crippled. Once that has happened I can't tell you how many people quite after this thing has two CM's and a reflect up and they can't hurt it.
bug atks to scizor
ice to vap or rotom maybe cress if it is special

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Roar
- Scald
- Wish

Orgianly I had gastrodon here because of the better typing and storm drain. However the physical bulk is much appreciated let alone how many times wish has saved my ass. Scald for the amazing burn and toxic to weaken other bulkies now I chose roar over protect because some set up pokes where giving me trouble. Such as gyara but with sr and roar and sitting behind a reflect roar serves me much better.
electric to landrous grass to scizor, cress, or latias.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

This guy has ends weakened pokes like no others so many times has he just sat there and went through the end game tearing things apart. I lead with him sometimes for the u-turn and is my best way to beat ttar and cloyster with both vap and latias to absorb fire attacks and wishes from vap this guy is out for a long time giving many a people headaches.
Fire > latias, vaporean

Celebi @ Leftovers Lv. 100 -- Natural Cure

Nature: Calm - EVs: 252 HP / 232 SDef / 24 Spd

- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- U-turn

I originally had Amoongusoo here thanks to spore and regenoator but even with that he seemed just a little to weak. I have been swapping back between HP grass and light screen. Thunder wave because of how slow this team is moonlight for De healz and psychic for the stab. I do like how bulky she is but I miss my Amoongusoo as well. She also lacks a poke to take her hits for her repaditly
Switched too Celebi as it fits much better thx Doc!
Bug > scizor
dark>scizor
ghost > scizor

- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 Def
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 184 HP / 202 SAtk / 122 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
- Reflect

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Roar
- Scald
- Wish

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252Atk / 248 HP / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hello.

This team is fairly solid, great seeing more people using weatherless nowadays. Anyways, like i said, this is a fairly solid and very well put together team, and hopefully my rate can help this team out a bit. So, without further adu, let's get to the team. Alright, first up, I would like to suggest changing your Rotom-W's spread to one of 232 HP / 68 SpA / 208 Spe over your current one. The HP EV's help Rotom avoid some notable OHKO's, most n otably Keldeo's Specs Secret Sword and +2 Life Orb Extremespeed from Adamant Lucario. Moving forward, you should change your Scizors EV spread to one of 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD over your current one. The aftermentioned spread gives Scizor more bulk and gives it an extra oppertunity to switch into Stealth Rock. Finally, I believe that Cresselia is the weak link on this team, so I would like to suggest replacing it with a Special Defensive Celebi. Special Defensive Celebi is a great fit to your team, as it has decent synergy with Rotom-W and Scizor, forming a mini volt-turn core. Most notably, this Celebi can check such threats to your team as Thundurus-T, opposing Calm Mind Latias, and others. Well, that's all I have to say for now. I hope my advice helped. Have fun and good luck in your future endeavours!

- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- U-turn

~Dr Ciel~ (The doctor is OUT)

I will admit cressila was a bit weak I have been going through different spD pokes for awhile will def try celebi out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)