1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Bulky Offensive Sun (Peaked #2)

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Edgar, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Edgar

Edgar
    is a SPL Winner

I made this team, while I was bored, I thought that Gastrodon had good Synergy with Ho-Oh and Dialga so I decided to
    give it a shot, my friend told me Specs Dialga was very good so I decided to grab some Pokes and make a team around
    Gastrodon, so there you go.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Groudon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Roar

Since this is a Sun team I picked Groudon as the weather inducer, also I chose the standard support set, I decided to run Roar over Dragon Tail
    since Gliscor kinda beats this team when is behind a sub. Also I run 30 speed IVs so I can always win the weather when my opponent also leads
    with Kyogre

[​IMG]

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 240 HP / 176 Atk / 92 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Sacred Fire
    - Brave Bird
    - Recover
    - Substitute

Ho-Oh is well known for being used in sun teams, at first I decided tu run Life Orb Ho-Oh with Tailwind supporting my Dialga and Arceus, but then
    I decided to change it for the Tank set seeing as this team doesn't have any Pokemon to talke Draco Meteors from Specs White Kyurem, Palkia,
    Reshiram, so After a Draco Meteor, I can either stay in and recover or set up a Substitute or go into Gastrodon since I'm specially defensvie I should
    take the second Draco Meteor rather well and since Ho-Oh has Regenerator I can Recover 33% of my Health. Also, I'm running 92 Speed Evs so
    I should be able to outspeed Gliscor and Tentacruel, Pokemon that most likely carry Toxic in Ubers.

[​IMG]

Dialga @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 240 HP / 252 SAtk / 16 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Fire Blast
    - Aura Sphere

Specs Dialga destroys everything with Draco Meteor. Also, Dialga covers every Ho-Oh's weakneses and Ho-Oh does cover Dialga's weakneses
    as well, I run Max HP over Speed since I need to take a Dragon Move from Scarfed Pokemon like Palkia, Dialga, Reshiram. In the other hand Gliscor
    can 2 Hit KO me with Earthquake, Max HP lets me live a Life Orb Aura Sphere from Mewtwo, notice I don't have Max HP, actually I have 16 Spd EVs
    so I can outspeed Standard Banded Zekrom, Banded Zekrom's Outrage destroys Half of my team.

[​IMG]

Gastrodon-East (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Storm Drain
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Toxic
    - Scald
    - Mirror Coat
    - Recover

You may see Gastrodon and think I'm not serious, well Gastrodon lets me check all Kyogre's sets but RestTalk, I have Toxic for Setup Sweepers
    like Arceus-Ghost, Calm Mind Lugia, Calm Mind Giratina on the Switch In. Gastrodon absorbs Water Spouts and Surfs from Kyogre and Palkia.
    Scald has a chance of burning as you may know, people tend to switch in ExtreemKiller Arceus or Forretress to this, Forretress can be 2 Hit KOd
    by Scald after the Stealth Rocks in the Rain. Mirror Coat is very helpful for Kyogre that locks himself into Ice Beam, Non-Boosted Dark Pulse from
    Darkrai and Lustrous Orb/Scarfed Palkia's Spacial Rend.

[​IMG]

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Judgment
    - Focus Blast
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover

I chose Bulky Ghosteus seeing as is one of the best Ubers sets, It has perfect coverage with Focus Blast, it gets Recover, Calm Mind, Damn that thing
    is powerful, it's very hard to counter in my opinion, Max HP EVs let me Outstall Scarfers Like Zekrom, Palkia, Dialga and Terrakion, I like this set better than
    the standard Offensive Calm Mind set for that reason, I still have Max Speed so I can win against some fast Pokemon as well as Adamant Arceus, this will let
    me 2 Hit KO with Focus Blast (asuming it doesn't miss). It is also my Spin Blocker.

[​IMG]

Forretress (M) @ Red Card
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Spikes
    - Volt Switch
    - Toxic

Forretress is very important for this team, Rapid Spin is needed since I'm very weak to hazards. Red Card allows me to stop setup sweepers like Calm Mind
    Mewtwo, ExtreemKiller Arceus, Nasty Plot Darkrai and Calm Mind Arceus Dark when I still have the Sturdy. Since Forretress is a Pokemon that it's seen as
    Set up fadder Toxic lets me throw that to the trash can and cripple Pokemon like Giratina-O predicting Rapid Spin, and the other Pokemom named before
    (except for Arceus Dark since most of them carry Refresh). Spikes are the Hazards I decided to carry on it. Something I forgot to tell you, Volt Switch
    works really well with Red Card, they Hit you and then you Volt Switch so you can choose the Pokemon that has more advantage over the one that got
    switched out.

I need a Pokemon that can take Draco Meteors better, you can help me with that, but besides that, I think it's a pretty good team :]
  2. gookie

gookie Adominnustrata
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Hey, this is a pretty solid team (even though I don't like Gastrodon very much) but suffers from debilitating weaknesses to several set up sweepers due to no Choice Scarf user. Without changing your team too much I can suggest changing CM Ghost Arceus to a bulkier support version with Will-O-Wisp to better handle ExtremeKiller (Groudon is worn down very easily and phazing it out isn't the most reliable way).

Show Hide

move 1: Will-O-Wisp
    move 2: Judgment
    move 3: Recover
    move 4: Focus Blast
    item: Spooky Plate
    ability: Multitype
    nature: Timid
    evs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe

176 Speed to beat Latias and then maximise physical bulk to take on ExtremeKiller and Rayquaza. Your team is also hugely Ho-Oh weak, and despite it being somewhat arbitrary you should consider investing anywhere above and inclusive of 36 Speed EVs on Groudon to get the jump on slower Ho-Oh, letting you Stone Edge before it can set up a Substitute, it's still problematic because it sets up on Ghost Arceus, Forretress, Gastrodon, and Dialga locked into the wrong move or after a Draco Meteor. Huge weaks to Darkrai and Mewtwo remain but the only way I can see to fix that is to replace Dialga with Scarf Physical Genesect and use Lum Berry on Forretress.

Good luck.
  3. Edgar

Edgar
    is a SPL Winner

ey man thanks for helping, I'll try out the changes, but I still kinda need to cover Draco Meteors From Specs Pokemon
  4. gookie

gookie Adominnustrata
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Ho-Oh can take them without Stealth Rock, as can Max HP Arceus, even with SR. It's only when you let multiple layers get down does it become problematic. It is not the biggest threat to your team by a long shot.
  5. Furai

Furai wellfare
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

I agree with all of Poppy's changes, and I'm here to stress on how well Genesect would fit over Dialga.

Your main selling point for using Dialga is to nuke things, and basically, gain momentum. However, once you use Draco Meteor, you turn into setup fodder for the likes of Arceus or entry hazard users, namely Ferrothorn and Forretress. By using Genesect over Dialga, not only you get momentum via U-turn, you fix your weaknesses to Rayquaza, Mewtwo, and Darkrai by outspeeding them and KOing with the respective move. Iron Head wrecks Kyurem formes, whereas Explosion lets you finish something off with a bang. Flamethrower is an option over Explosion if it's not to your taste.
    Genesect (open)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Genesect @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Download
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature
    - U-turn
    - Iron Head
    - Explosion
    - Ice Beam

I would also recommend Leftovers > Red Card on Forretress, just so you could possibly gain Sturdy back and lay more hazards. Another thing to consider, but definitely not a must, is Rock Slide > Stone Edge on Groudon, just in case you don't want to risk the miss.

Best of luck.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)