1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  3. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  4. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Bummer's Art Shack

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by Bummer, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Nastyjungle

Nastyjungle fat and sassy
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

oh my god yes steelix that looks so choice and so cool
    consider me extremely jealous
  2. breh

breh
    is a Smogon IRC AOP

what is that flying yellow thing? kind of looks like a beedrill or.. maybe a combee? I'm not sure.

/badjoke

nice comic as always, lol
  3. jumpluff

jumpluff Red†Admiral
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Haha, wow, I never thought about Toxic like that...

Jigglypuff looks so cute, and then... lol
  4. Alchemator

Alchemator my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I think I'll have to get a Magikarp: one of the few mons which is pure!

I'm loving these new drawings too, they're really showcasing how great you are at art, whereas a comic might not (because the humour is awesomely distracting).

You also have great taste in Pokémon, I must say.
  5. Bummer

Bummer Too quite.
    is an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Art Co-Leader

Oh you.

Spent the last half hour touching up earlier works. Wasn't too content with how I left my strip last time, particularly when it came to Jiggly's eyes, so I edited the shades and painted with more solid colors in another layer to my liking.

supa kawaii desu (open)
    [​IMG]

And while I do appreciate all the positive feedback on my Steelix (I do), it still looked odd to me. Which I could trace down to two things: too many cracks, and too many brown tones. Basically, I had drawn a Steelix but rendered an Onix. And while I fixed that, I also made his horns longer and his 'brows' sharper. So here's the Redux:

sup (open)
    [​IMG]

I may or may not post Steelix as a separate work beside my type meme, as I today realised that Ferrothorn isn't my favorite grass (gasp). SO, I haven't decided whether Ferro or Steelix will get the Steel spot, but I have a feeling it will be an emotional battle to the faint. Oh well!

Gonna start working on the next poke, but I also bought Bastion yesterday for my Steam account (still 5 hours left for 66% discount!), so my mind can definitely lead astray at any time.
  6. Nightmare Jigglypuff

Nightmare Jigglypuff

Oh no.

You just put a non-pokemon.

Into pokemon!

Meh, that's okay, nintendo has done it before. Good job on the comic.
  7. Bummer

Bummer Too quite.
    is an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Art Co-Leader

Your username is surprisingly relevant.

Edit: Next type coming right up!

GHOST: Golurk (open)
    [​IMG]
  8. Yamata no Orochi

Yamata no Orochi capes are cool
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

David and Ghouliath is a famous story from the Pokemon bible.
  9. Bummer

Bummer Too quite.
    Art Co-Leader

Hah, managed to finish another.

PSYCHIC: Lunatone (open)
    [​IMG]

Not......entirely satisfied with this one, but I'm happy with it! I really wanted to make it in the style of one of those church windows, so I am bound by my own stubborn hunches. Although Lunatone is practically the best species to pull off that style with.

He's gonna need a bigger rock. Or snowball.
  10. Gerard

Gerard

I love the style, but the parts around the moon seem inconsistent, you have black lines change into grey all of the sudden (and some out-of-place black pixels in the peck), and some parts look a little sharp also you can see a line where the dark lines transfor into the greyer ones), still the ilumination on lunantone is amazing, altough i you could make her eye pop out then it could look more psychic
  11. Bummer

Bummer Too quite.
    Art Co-Leader

It's time to crank up the fancy of this thread.

GROUND: Quagsire (open)
    [​IMG]

I can agree with most of this. Touched it up some more, so here:

guess who (open)
    [​IMG]
  12. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Hahaha the toxic comic was hilarious. The mystery of Toxic being usable by every single Pokemon is one of my favorite inside-jokes.
  13. Mekkah

Mekkah watashi wa kirai every single one of you kisamas
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

gentleman quagsire :D

hairy jigglypuff is kind of weird though considering it's a balloon
  14. Snorlaxe

Snorlaxe 2 kawaii 4 u
    is a Contributor Alumnus

lol youre hilarious dude, i was reading through your website and found this. it genuinely made me laugh out loud for like five minutes. keep it up, this shit is hilarious AND also quite well-drawn!

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  15. BattleStar

BattleStar

This thread is really cool.
    I looked through the whole thread and the comics are great and hilarious.
    Wish I had your skills XD

Also your latest art is awesome. My favorite is the Church glass Lunatone

Keep up the good work :D
  16. DarkMaelstrom

DarkMaelstrom

These are awesome! Great job!
  17. Face Stabbity

Face Stabbity

Seriously, how am I going to explain to my wife that I spent my entire day reading Pokemon webcomics? She already thinks I'm a huge nerd... there's no way to convince her otherwise now.
  18. Quagsires

Quagsires

I really like this, although I think I might be a bit biased here...

But could I have this in avatar form? I think it'd go well with my nick...
  19. Bummer

Bummer Too quite.
    Art Co-Leader

Finished fire. Only grass left to do!

FIRE: Magcargo (open)
    [​IMG]

All-time fav pokémon fyi.

Here you go, ol' chap.

[​IMG]
  20. Furosuto

Furosuto

woah! That is one awesome shell you made bummer! Good work as usual!
  21. Bummer

Bummer Too quite.
    Art Co-Leader

Thank ye!

And as it also happens to be, I've now finished my grass favorite, and thus, completed the meme.

the most hugest image (open)
    [​IMG]

I made clear early on that I wasn't planning on following the layout loyally, so the squares are different and the type labels are gone. But the placements are the same as the official one.

Gonna go launch this onto dA in a jiffy, but I figured I'd post it here first. Thanks for all the encouragement along the way, guise!
  22. Nastyjungle

Nastyjungle fat and sassy
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

strongth bummer......

seriously though dude, nice job pumping this out like you did, so fast and neat
    i really like that they all differ so much, in style, attitude, and emotion

A+, fantastic work completing it
  23. Pocket

Pocket Bringing the Afro to Space
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Leader

Yea, awesome work, Bummer! I enjoyed your type memes just as much as your Rare Candy Treatment!
  24. jumpluff

jumpluff Red†Admiral
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Agreed with Pocket and NJ! I'm seriously almost overwhelmed looking at the final image. It's just bursting with life, colour, and personality. I'm torn to say which one is my favourite... Quagsire, Lanturn, Parasect, Drifblim, Galvantula? WHY NOT JUST THEM ALL? ;x; Fantastic job and thanks for sharing them with us! Every time I saw your thread was posted in I just rushed here to see what you'd done xD
  25. Furosuto

Furosuto

These are absolutely amazing Bummer! You constantly make me wowed. I'm always hoping for a new rare candy comic to come out, and I'm really liking your styles. As NJ said, A+!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)