Bummer's Art Shack

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
yea, I felt like I got a good sense of your daily life (you were depicting yourself right?) - it is a cool read!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lighting, shading and lineart coloring will happen later. But for now: Opinions!

Edit: Alright posted the newer one.

You also have a top notch sense of humor; congrats on making it through the day! You lead a very interesting life, and that's a good thing!
:3

I do need to admit that I had some of the strips planned ahead since I knew those situations could or were to happen. Although the papercut one is somewhat weird since I got the idea but didn't want it to get one on purpose and yet it actually happened anyway.

Not gonna lie, lost it after lasagna strip
and they got better and better
very quirky
I did want to keep the humor level consistent. Thought it'd be easier when the workday reached its end, but nope, got a writer's block around 9 PM anyway. I need to thank the lamp for that (it's up now, fyi).

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
New version posted in my earlier entry.

lol PokeDex - an encyclopedia written by kids :o
I'm very sceptic to that, although many seem to run by that belief. But even though that's related to the strip, it's not what I wanted to bring attention to, so the pokédex isn't mentioned in the current dialogue.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Gonna post this one tomorrow UNLESS THE UNIVERSE or any of you say otherwise.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Soooo that was you all that time !
I always read your comics somewhere else, like on 9gag or pokememebase, and i loved them all. That's an incredible job and that's a real pleasure to read them all.

Thx you for all those moment spent on reading them :)

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Ahahaha, that one was pretty good.

I like the shopkeeper's expression.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Are you the guy behind Rarecandytreatment?
Maybe.

Here's three strips of some smaller ideas I didn't feel merited their own separated updates, although I'm still on the fence about it since unlike earlier bundles, these are running with different pokes and different punchlines. What are your thoughts? Should I post them on the site together or separated (with one-two days between updates)?

also, drawing lineart with solid shadows is fun.

Edit: New version.

Soooo that was you all that time !
I always read your comics somewhere else, like on 9gag or pokememebase, and i loved them all.
Thanks! Never been the biggest fan of pokememe base since they cover up the urls on the images with their own label, but more people get to see them nonetheless.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think the Ditto one is a bit of a miss but the Pineco and Electrode ones are solid. Given their similarity, they'd probably work best as a group instead of separate updates, the panels should however be rearranged so that Ditto's comic is first, Pineco's is second, and Electrode's third.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
can someone explain me the ditto one, because i don't really get it.

The other two are fine, i think you should publish them all together as they all got the same theme.

MAN do I enjoy that pineco strip

your shapes and colors in that one look awesome imo

my monitor is picking up some random black shapes in pineco in the first two panels, but I am sure you know about that

seriously though, that second pineco panel...

if I could, I would make a 30-inch printout and put it on my wall

really cool stuff :)

Lol, the Pineco strip and the Electrode strip are great, I love them! The Ditto strip is alright, but it's not as humorous Imo. However, the art in all 3 strips is superb! Great job :)

Pocket

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I also dig the solid shadows - nice humor art!

I especially love Electrode's expression xD

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Given their similarity, they'd probably work best as a group instead of separate updates, the panels should however be rearranged so that Ditto's comic is first, Pineco's is second, and Electrode's third.
Done.

I think the Ditto one is a bit of a miss
can someone explain me the ditto one, because i don't really get it.
Mass, or energy, cannot be created or destroyed. Ditto may transform perfectly, but what about his size? Granted, the anime and whatnot has already shown he can, but that wouldn't be the first time they shattered the laws of the universe.

I've enlarged Banette a bit, so if the size fidderence wasn't obvious before, it should be now. So if it's still a miss, then the idea is to be blamed.

Edit: It's supposed to say size difference, but that is one beautiful typo.

my monitor is picking up some random black shapes in pineco in the first two panels, but I am sure you know about that
I didn't! And I'm somewhat surprised that you saw them in the first place!

Thanks for the feedback guise, I'll be kicking this thing up on the site now.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Been a long time since I started a strip and then finished it the very same evening. A looong time. Although this one is simplier since I only used shades and color overlays, along with sharp lighting.

The bike stopped because the boy saw him, and not the other way around. I'm not entirely sure if this will still be a concern, but regardless, the primary objective of this strip is how trainers will stop you in your tracks when a challenge is coming.

Bash it to your own content. Or suggest names for the strip, currently drawing a blank, although a night's sleep could cure that.

to be honest, i think the ditto joke would be funnier with a bigger pokemon, like steelicks or snorlax.
It would without doubt have been made more obvious, but in what way would it be funnier? The joke is still the same.

Pocket

HAHAHA - "how to make a trainer fall from his bike"

I think the Ditto joke would be funnier with a larger mon, too, because the contrast in size would be ridiculous. Imagine Ditto transforming into a ferocious Gyarados, but only a foot tall xD

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
On the bike strip:

The NPC says "Wanna battle?", but shouldn't he say something that emphasizes that the battle is forced (and that there's no quitting)?

My 2¢.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)